Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Will you buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS?

Will you buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll buy it but will likely stick to playing the PS2 version for the most part.

Honestly? If you wanna complain about censorship, talk about how they censored Marcello by using magic over a knife or how they cut out David eating dog food.

Most people aren't gonna take, "They censored Jessica's tits!" seriously. But that's just my two cents on the matter.

I pre-ordered two copies of the game! One for the Twitter giveaway and the other for myself. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly? If you wanna complain about censorship, talk about how they censored Marcello by using magic over a knife or how they cut out David eating dog food.

Most people aren't gonna take, "They censored Jessica's tits!" seriously. But that's just my two cents on the matter.

I pre-ordered two copies of the game! One for the Twitter giveaway and the other for myself.

Hey! No joking about anime tiddies. It's vewy sewious business.
  • Upvote 1

Honestly? If you wanna complain about censorship, talk about how they censored Marcello by using magic over a knife or how they cut out David eating dog food.

Hey! No joking about anime tiddies. It's vewy sewious business.

..........Sometimes.

I'll buy it but will likely stick to playing the PS2 version for the most part.

I probably will too. The new characters will be nice for the 3DS version though.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

*all the time.

This is the stuff friendships are built on, and friendships are destroyed upon. Wars have been fought, brother against brother, atrocities have been committed over the best waifu.

*all the time.

This is the stuff friendships are built on, and friendships are destroyed upon. Wars have been fought, brother against brother, atrocities have been committed over the best waifu.

You ever seen School Days?

Yes! I will be getting it on Friday after work. GameStop once again.

*all the time.

This is the stuff friendships are built on, and friendships are destroyed upon. Wars have been fought, brother against brother, atrocities have been committed over the best waifu.

No though I think Platty mentioned it one time in that "What Are You Reading" topic. I heard something about topless girls.

*all the time.

No though I think Platty mentioned it one time in that "What Are You Reading" topic. I heard something about topless girls.

Look it up, Drago. Topless girls doesn't even begin to cover it. I haven't actually watched the series, but I certainly know about it and the visual novel it's based on.

*all the time.

Look it up, Drago. Topless girls doesn't even begin to cover it. I haven't actually watched the series, but I certainly know about it and the visual novel it's based on.
Nice boat. Edited by eal

*all the time.

That's Prison School eal and I talked about.

Although I do also recommend Prison School if you want the most intricate and painstakingly drawn "flaps" that you've ever seen.

Already bought it from Amazon,just got to wait to Friday for Delivery.

*all the time.

This is the stuff friendships are built on, and friendships are destroyed upon. Wars have been fought, brother against brother, atrocities have been committed over the best waifu.

that really has nothing to do with censorship though, I cant remember how many games have the main male characters walk around with no shirt on, who all look like CK models who work out 24/7, like Dante or Kratos from god of war. Not to mention females in real life really do wear cut off belly shirts and short shorts, and when you drive somewhere you'll see dudes jogging with no shirt on. Its just game companies are caving in on people just complaining. 

Edited by Hecatomb

Male characters like Kratos are a power fantasy. You're an alpha male with a big weapon destroying everything in your path. His appearance is not there for female pleasure and there isn't an emphasis placed on the way he looks. Women are not in mind when they develop God of War games. Jessica is designed to be attractive to men. There's even the infamous "va va voom" scene in Argonia that places added attention on her body. That and the fact that, in the original, hers was the only model that would change when she switched clothes, and they were all very sexy. The sexier it was, the more effective it was to wear it due to the defense boost it gave.

Things like that don't bother me. I make jokes about things like that all the time. That being said, I can see how it would bother other people and if they choose to speak up about it, then I'm not going to fault or judge them for it so long as they're respectful about it themselves.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure they've rearranged every single menu in the English version compared to the Japanese version. It's not bad, and it certainly isn't the load time ridden atrocity that the western PS2 version of the game had for a menu system, but it's still kind of a awkward when I expect a typical Dragon Quest menu system. I'm alright with the changes though, as they seem to have been made due to the extra space the English words take up compared to the Japanese version. The only real problem here is that X and Y are now used to increase/decrease item quantities in stores, rather than the D-pad/Circle Pad... In what world does that mage any sense? Oh well, at least there's a window explaining the controls.

I was moments away from cracking and buying VIII, but I'm proud of myself for not in a weird way. I do have money, but it's nearly all for food, bills, gas, etc. until payday, so I'd end up doing without one of those things for a week. No, VIII will have to wait until Thursday.

Male characters like Kratos are a power fantasy. You're an alpha male with a big weapon destroying everything in your path. His appearance is not there for female pleasure and there isn't an emphasis placed on the way he looks. Women are not in mind when they develop God of War games. Jessica is designed to be attractive to men. There's even the infamous "va va voom" scene in Argonia that places added attention on her body. That and the fact that, in the original, hers was the only model that would change when she switched clothes, and they were all very sexy. The sexier it was, the more effective it was to wear it due to the defense boost it gave.

Things like that don't bother me. I make jokes about things like that all the time. That being said, I can see how it would bother other people and if they choose to speak up about it, then I'm not going to fault or judge them for it so long as they're respectful about it themselves.

It doesnt matter though if females dont fantasize him or not, he still looks like a greek god and walks around like a bodybuilder with no shirt on, but oh no if a female shows skin we have to complain, cause SJWs are hypocrites. Just square enix and other video game companies are caving into social justice warrior retards, who having nothing else better to do but be hypocrites. And complain about everything, if they had their way everyone in video games would be covered up from head to toe, and show nothing, you might has well have all video game characters dress up like the Amish

Edited by Hecatomb
  • Upvote 1