Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Will you buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS?

Will you buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely, Can't wait, it's one of the two localized main games I haven't played yet, the other being IX.

That's ok, you don't need to play the latter. :P

What, but I thought you loved IX for it's superior class system and being on a handheld.:P

What, but I thought you loved IX for it's superior class system and being on a handheld.:P

It being on a handheld has never been a complaint I've had about IX, so I'm not really sure where you got that from...

It was a guess, I heard some people didn't like it because of that.

It was a guess, I heard some people didn't like it because of that.

I see. Don't worry, I'm not one of those people who complains when the next entry in a series jumps from console to handheld or vice versa. But let's not go into DQ9 and instead talk about 8!

I'm looking forward to the 3DS version like everyone else, but I must admit that just because this portable version is coming doesn't mean I'll never play the PS2 version again. Playing that game on a home console was a really nice experience, and is one I would like to go through again at some point. The bonuses of the 3DS version are nice and all (except for how they changed a certain NPC's storyline but not gonna talk about it outside of this mentioning), but this is a case where I'm happy to have 2 different versions of a game I love rather than only limiting myself to a single version.

Quick everyone, mention Marcello.

I'm really excited, everything about the game looks amazing, it's seems like the perfect transition for Dragon Quest going between 2D to the 3D.

Unsurprisingly (given this is a forum for Dragon Quest fans), Dragon's Den seem enthusiastic about buying the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII.

Truth be told, I did the exact same poll on the Dragon Quest subreddit on Reddit out of curiosity. And whilst â‰ˆ80% of people who voted were enthusiastic about buying the buying Dragon Quest VIII on the Nintendo 3DS, â‰ˆ20% of people who voted were either not enthusiastic about buying the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII or weren't sure. Whilst it's not surprising, I find it rather interesting.

Tbh DQ dedicated forums and voluntary response polls aren't particularly good samples for this, but eh, I'd think that finding a truly unbiased way to conduct a poll about this without any sort of awkwardness would be a bit of a task.

Tbh DQ dedicated forums and voluntary response polls aren't particularly good samples for this, but eh, I'd think that finding a truly unbiased way to conduct a poll about this without any sort of awkwardness would be a bit of a task.

I'm not trying to imply that Dragon Quest forums and voluntary response polls are a good indicator of the possibility of people buying Dragon Quest VIII on the Nintendo 3DS. I do apologise if it seems that way.

You damn right.

To answer the question: I've had this game on pre-order since the western release was announced last year in November. So yes, I'm getting it.

What he said
It's like you're my pre-order twinsie! XD
Are you cheating on me with Woodus? I've had DQVIII pre-ordered since 2015 too!

Definitely, Can't wait, it's one of the two localized main games I haven't played yet, the other being IX.

Wait, what?

How has this person not been banned yet?

...I'm not sure.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

To answer the question: I've had this game on pre-order since the western release was announced last year in November. So yes, I'm getting it.

What he said

Wait, what?

I just assumed Woodus was our long lost triplet who grew up in Jamaica and has a radical attitude with a do or die life style.

What he said

Wait, what?

I just assumed Woodus was our long lost triplet who grew up in Jamaica and has a radical attitude with a do or die life style.
I can see that, 'mon.

What he said

Wait, what?

He should change his name to Poochie.

• Upvote 1

Yes.

I love Dragon Quest 8. It is on the 3DS. I don't mind the graphical downgrades at all. I can play it on the go and not spend 60+ hours in front of a television playing it. I can play it while doing other things.

I am one of a set of triplets, who would have known :)

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick it up for the 3DS. For one I finished VIII for the first time today so it's pretty fresh in my mind. I'm also a bit unhappy with the switch to overworld enemies in the rerelease, I feel like it gets rid of a lot of the tension of dungeon crawling because you know what you're fighting and when you're fighting it. I still want DQ to do well in the West though so I'm atoning by picking up another one instead.

Edited by Don'tSellTheFlameSword

What he said

Wait, what?

He should change his name to Poochie.

Most people think this:

screen-shot-2012-02-03-at-11-34-35-am.pn

With the name Poochie.

But, whenever I hear the name Poochie, I think of this:

bd526d_936c041364c730a0ff7bc6aa14a7a47e.

Edited by Stepchan

FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR

Social life over.

Dragon Quest VIII = Very Yes.

I am, but I wish the SJW retards didnt have to ruin video games, like do they really need to censor so much in this ver? 

I am, but I wish the SJW retards didnt have to ruin video games, like do they really need to censor so much in this ver? 

You can thank CERO for that.

Its pretty much the social justice Warrior retards complaining how they should stop sexualizing women in video games, but when men are sexualized no one cares or says anything. Also TV shows have more violence than most T-rated games now. 

Edited by Hecatomb

Uh, these changes were made on the Japanese side of things. I don't think you can blame Jezebel or the Mary Sue for this one, mate.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1