Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Will you buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS?

Will you buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since Dragon Quest VIII (on the Nintendo 3DS) is set to be released exactly one month from now, I thought of conducting a poll.  

If you want, you can explain your reasoning on why you voted "Yes", "No", or "I'm not sure".

Edited by Dakhil

Since Dragon Quest VIII (on the Nintendo 3DS) is set to be released exactly one month from now, I thought of conducting a poll.  

If you want, you can explain your reasoning on why you voted "Yes", "No", or "I'm not sure".

Heck yeah! I pre purchased it at GameStop and I'm looking forward to the new content in English, such as the Morrimp, Jahagoros(English name pending) and his dungeon, and Dhoulmagus's Past. 

1. I love dragon quest 8

2. I have a 3ds

3. I want to support the series

• Upvote 2

Yeah, no reason not to....Why is this multiple choice...?

Obviously so you can do all three options at once. You buy it from one store, not from another, then are unsure if you'll buy a second copy from a third retailer.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I pre-ordered this from Amazon months and months ago. DQ8 is the game that got me back into playing Dragon Quest games again.

Already pre-ordered it dude. :thumbsup::wd_coolslime:

Edited by Stepchan

To answer the question: I've had this game on pre-order since the western release was announced last year in November. So yes, I'm getting it.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, no reason not to.

...Why is this multiple choice...?

I've heard some people say that they're not going to buy the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII, because of the downgrades present in the Nintendo 3DS version (replacing the orchestrated soundtrack with a synthesised MIDI soundtrack, altered clothing and cutscenes, etc.). And it's because of those downgrades that makes the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII seem inferior to the PlayStation 2 version of Dragon Quest VIII.

As for me, I'm definitely planning on buying Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS, considering that I've preordered the game since April 2016. And the new content and the improvements in the Nintendo 3DS version outweigh the downgrades for me, making the Nintendo 3DS version, in my opinion, the best version of Dragon Quest VIII.

Edited by Dakhil

I'll be buying it from Video Game Headquarters (already pre-ordered), will not be buying it from Target, and am unsure of whether I'll buy it from GameStop. (I don't like GameStop... But I want that pre-order bonus!)

I'll be buying it from Video Game Headquarters (already pre-ordered), will not be buying it from Target, and am unsure of whether I'll buy it from GameStop. (I don't like GameStop... But I want that pre-order bonus!)

See, this is why it was a multiple choice poll. Dakhil had you covered, Erdrick.

See, this is why it was a multiple choice poll. Dakhil had you covered, Erdrick.

Speaking about having Erdrick covered, I wonder if Erdrick is the one who voted either "No" or "I'm not sure", because so far, there's 1 person who voted "No" and 1 person who voted "I'm not sure".

Yeah, no reason not to.

I've heard some people say that they're not going to buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS, because of the downgrades (replacing the orchestrated soundtrack with a synthesised MIDI soundtrack, altered clothing and cutscenes, etc.), which, to them, makes the Nintendo 3DS inferior to the PlayStation 2 version.

That... doesn't really answer my question.

You either buy the 3DS version or you don't, you can't both buy a game and not do so, that makes no logical sense...

To answer the question: I've had this game on pre-order since the western release was announced last year in November. So yes, I'm getting it.

What he said :thumbsup:

What he said :thumbsup:

It's like you're my pre-order twinsie! XD

Yeah, no reason not to.

I've heard some people say that they're not going to buy Dragon Quest VIII for the Nintendo 3DS, because of the downgrades (replacing the orchestrated soundtrack with a synthesised MIDI soundtrack, altered clothing and cutscenes, etc.), which, to them, makes the Nintendo 3DS inferior to the PlayStation 2 version.

That... doesn't really answer my question.

You either buy the 3DS version or you don't, you can't both buy a game and not do so, that makes no logical sense...

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that I've heard some people say that they're not planning on buying the Nintendo 3DS version, because of the downgrades present in the Nintendo 3DS version (replacing the orchestrated soundtrack with a synthesised MIDI soundtrack, altered clothing and cutscenes, etc.). And it's because of those downgrades that makes the Nintendo 3DS version seem inferior to the PlayStation 2 version.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that I've heard some people say that they're not planning on buying the Nintendo 3DS version, because of the downgrades present in the Nintendo 3DS version (replacing the orchestrated soundtrack with a synthesised MIDI soundtrack, altered clothing and cutscenes, etc.)

And it's because of those downgrades that makes the Nintendo 3DS version seem inferior to the PlayStation 2 version.

Then they're simply not buying it.

How would that make them simultaneously buying this version and not buying it?

Edit: What I mean by multiple choice is the ability to pick more than one option.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that I've heard some people say that they're not planning on buying the Nintendo 3DS version, because of the downgrades present in the Nintendo 3DS version (replacing the orchestrated soundtrack with a synthesised MIDI soundtrack, altered clothing and cutscenes, etc.)

And it's because of those downgrades that makes the Nintendo 3DS version seem inferior to the PlayStation 2 version.

Edit: What I mean by multiple choice is the ability to pick more than one option.

I thought you can only pick one option out of the three options in the poll, not pick multiple options in the poll.

I'm gonna do my usual thing of pre-ordering it in the last week on Amazon and saving 20% off like a pro.

I thought you can only pick one option out of the three options in the poll, not pick multiple options in the poll.

cb6629e154.png

You can pick all three if you choose, I guess you turned that on by accident.

If it uses checkboxes, you can pick multiple, if it uses radio, you can pick one.

Also, there are 9 voters, yet more than 9 votes (there are 11). So someone did pick more than one.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

There are settings to change how many options people can pick. It's kind of tucked away when making a poll though.

But come on now, is it really that much of a problem the poll is an accidental multi-choice poll? When stuff like that happens you have to laugh it off and try to joke about it like I did above.

cb6629e154.png

You can pick all three if you choose, I guess you turned that on by accident.

If it uses checkboxes, you can pick multiple, if it uses radio, you can pick one.

Also, there are 9 voters, yet more than 9 votes (there are 11). So someone did pick more than one.

There are settings to change how many options people can pick. It's kind of tucked away when making a poll though.

But come on now, is it really that much of a problem the poll is an accidental multi-choice poll? When stuff like that happens you have to laugh it off and try to joke about it like I did above.

I see what Glaceon Mage is trying to say now. Admittedly, this is my first time creating a poll, so I don't know where the option for picking only one choice out of the three choices.

Edit: Never mind I found it. Man do I feel rather stupid.

Edited by Dakhil

Clearly the right answer is all of the above...

I want it, I'm not sure if I should get it, but I've decided not to buy it digitally.

Definitely, Can't wait, it's one of the two localized main games I haven't played yet, the other being IX.