Sign in to follow this  
Fates

New Atlus RPG in the works (fantasy, not SMT related)

Damn you Fates, you beat me to posting this!

Anyway, I was really surprised to see this news, and I'm excited to see what they have in store. All I hope is that it isn't some mobile iOS game.

Here's the news in English.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/19/atlus-announce-new-fantasy-rpg-project-isnt-persona-shin-megami-tensei/

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Please don't be a mobile or 3ds game. This could really interest me. Would love a medieval game from atlus for the switch or ps4.

So long as you can court a litany of fantasy waifus, I'm sure Persona fans will be all set.

^Well, that's how most series become popular these days.

It saved Fire Emblem after all.

Also Persona, well, Persona didn't really need saving, but it became a lot more popular.

It did need some saving after 1 because that game was pretty bad. Thankfully 2 was not.

The original English release of Persona 1 was bad, that's for sure. Seriously, what was Atlus thinking changing everything to Americanize it and remove the snow queen quest line? At least it gave us the fantastic line, "Mark danced crazy!"

The PSP version was much better, but my only complaint was that they removed the original soundtrack and replaced it with an all new Persona 3 and 4 styled soundtrack instead. Didn't really fit the mood in every situation, but thankfully Persona 2 Innocent Sin's PSP release kept the original soundtrack and offered us an updated version of the exact same soundtrack.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Here's a bit more info on the new game, and some other details going on at Atlus.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/21/atlus-shares-project-re-fantasy-persona-new-titles-next-year/

Sounds interesting.

I'm hoping that with Meguro on board as the composer, we'll hear another orchestra styled soundtrack from him like in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. That game had a fantastic soundtrack, and if this new game is more medival/fantasy themed, it would be a good fit (in my opinion). I'm sure it will be a good soundtrack though, as Meguro usually does a very good job.

I'm hoping that with Meguro on board as the composer, we'll hear another orchestra styled soundtrack from him like in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. That game had a fantastic soundtrack, and if this new game is more medival/fantasy themed, it would be a good fit (in my opinion). I'm sure it will be a good soundtrack though, as Meguro usually does a very good job.

Meguro is great. Something that fits the medieval setting from him will be very interesting.

If this ends up being a big game, I would be very interested in this.

I have such a soft spot for medieval fantasy when done well. I mean, it is one of the big reasons I love dragon quest so much.

http://personacentral.com/first-details-project-re-fantasy-atlus-new-fantasy-rpg/

I think I got my wish.

“According to Hashino, ‘While the supported hardware is currently undecided, we’re making this for those who like home console games and love Atlus games. I think it will require a reasonable amount of time to complete, but we’re all working to deliver something exciting, so I want you to look forward to it.’ “

If they don't even know what they're putting it on we're not likely to play it until 2019.

If they don't even know what they're putting it on we're not likely to play it until 2019.

At least. I am not in a hurry. But i'll definately be keeping an eye on this project.

At least it'll come out before Half Life 3.

Half Life 3 is already in development though.

Let's so Atlus, disappoint me and make it 99% Persona aesthetics instead of something new.

Yeah if I had to guess this is going to turn into a fantasy version of P3 or up.

Let's so Atlus, disappoint me and make it 99% Persona aesthetics instead of something new.

Someone's salty about Tokyo Mirage Sessions...

Saltier than Maribel fan on your troll topic.

Did you know if you flip Tokyo Mirage Sessions, TMS, you get SMT.

I never had any interest in that game to start with, but when I saw how J-pop-y and more like Persona than SMT, I laughed. Of course it was.

I never had any interest in that game to start with, but when I saw how J-pop-y and more like Persona than SMT, I laughed. Of course it was.

What if I told you that it's more J-pop-y than you wildest dreams could ever imagine?

Game's still fun though.

What if I told you that it's more J-pop-y than you wildest dreams could ever imagine?

Game's still fun though.

I believe you. It does look like a lot of fun. But it is not for me.