Another cool video I found, and the trick does work! Just tried it myself, though I had to set the mask to the I button rather than X or Y. It's so much fun to be able to run around as Fierce Deity Link whenever you want! Loved doing the glitch in the N64 version, and now it's so much easier!

You might have fun with this too @TheKingOfTheDragovians

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like Twilight Princess gives off a more Berserk vibe. Though I love the Lord of the Rings, unfortunately I've never been able to get past the first book, I reallylike the movies. Also had fun l

So that way he won't be able to hear sound effects and music? What a stupid way of putting it.     I managed to play the game at a party I attended last night. Pretty good game, and was impressed o

I can't wait to play it! I chose to hold out until I grab a Switch in a few weeks, rather than get the Wii U version, and I can hardly wait. Breath of the Wild looks so fantastic, I can't wait to expl

Posted Images

Well thanks Yangus for trying to get this topic going again. I trie3d that glitch years ago and i remember having fun with it. I foundnd it funny how the Fierce Deity is like a giant compared to regular NPCs.

10 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Well thanks Yangus for trying to get this topic going again. I trie3d that glitch years ago and i remember having fun with it. I foundnd it funny how the Fierce Deity is like a giant compared to regular NPCs.

Haha, no problem. I'm sure I'm late to the party by sharing the glitch, but I wasn't aware of one being in the 3DS version! Figured it and that Wind Waker video were worth sharing. Plus I've got a soft spot for the Fierce Deity Mask since it's a great 100% completion reward. Well worth the effort!

I've been in the mood to revisit Majora's Mask 3D, oddly enough thanks to me playing DQ7 3DS. Been awhile since I've played on my 3DS, so replaying Majora's Mask sounds kind of nice.

Or, you know, just mess around with this glitch I found! 😂 

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

So random things I found out about Fierce Deity Link thanks to the glitch:

-He can’t climb ladders. He just kind of walks up to them, awkwardly stares at them, and while it sounds like he’s starting to climb, he just stands at the bottom. Pushing A and B will eventually get him “off,” the ladder.

-He can, however, climb other climbable surfaces no problem, such as vines or the Ikana Well ladder. My guess is he can climb THAT ladder because it’s just a wall texture.

-The sword beam he shoots out does not affect normal enemies, but his regular sword swing or jump slash still does ridiculous damage. Though oddly enough his sword beams will still work against the Skull Kid. Also you can jump slash at him and the sword will hit! Still doesn’t help though, but it’s pretty funny!

-He ALWAYS has a straight face regardless of the items you get, cutscenes you might activate, or what have you. Had him go through the end of the world of the moon crashes and the whole time he never once had any emotion apart from the voice clips! It’s pretty funny actually, as all I could say was “Fierce Deity must be thinking, ‘Ahhhhhhhh #$*!...’ as the giant wave of fire comes crashing towards him.”

-It’s hilarious to see him do some of the actions Link would normally do. Such as saluting to Captain Keena...

-Fierce Deity Link is so powerful he can’t open doors without breaking the game. As in the game will crash. Clearly his true destructive powers lie in opening doors.

So, messing with Fierce Deity Link has been great. Being able to get out of the glitch whenever is very nice, unlike the N64 version where you end up stuck in the glitch no matter what. Still fun to pull it off there, but it’s risky since you end up trapped in some areas.

• 3 months later...

Reviving the topic to talk about my Link to the Past playthrough I just finished.

On Friday after work, I had the sudden urge to play Zelda: A Link to the Past, aka the SNES game. Turned on my Super Nintendo Classic, and I was sucked back into the game.

I didn’t grow up with the game, but whenever I’d go to my cousin’s house who did have a SNES, I’d want to play it and some others from his SNES collection. It was weird playing a Zelda in 2D since I was used to 3D Zelda, but I enjoyed messing around on his completed save file and just exploring/seeing what I could. The Dark World theme became a quick favorite, and since he was old enough he didn’t care if I played it.

I was terrible at the game, but now...now I can beat the game pretty quick! I don’t replay this every year or anything like that, but it’s been a Zelda game that’s just stuck with me. I find every time I replay it I like it a little more, and right now I’d probably put it in my top 5 Zelda games. The series took a lot of inspiration from this game.

IMO this has some of the best gameplay in the series. Of course, it’s always subjective which game has the best overall gameplay, but there’s something about A Link to the Past that just clicks. Really enjoyed replaying it.

• Like 1
Reviving the topic to talk about my Link to the Past playthrough I just finished.
On Friday after work, I had the sudden urge to play Zelda: A Link to the Past, aka the SNES game. Turned on my Super Nintendo Classic, and I was sucked back into the game.
I didn’t grow up with the game, but whenever I’d go to my cousin’s house who did have a SNES, I’d want to play it and some others from his SNES collection. It was weird playing a Zelda in 2D since I was used to 3D Zelda, but I enjoyed messing around on his completed save file and just exploring/seeing what I could. The Dark World theme became a quick favorite, and since he was old enough he didn’t care if I played it.
I was terrible at the game, but now...now I can beat the game pretty quick! I don’t replay this every year or anything like that, but it’s been a Zelda game that’s just stuck with me. I find every time I replay it I like it a little more, and right now I’d probably put it in my top 5 Zelda games. The series took a lot of inspiration from this game.
IMO this has some of the best gameplay in the series. Of course, it’s always subjective which game has the best overall gameplay, but there’s something about A Link to the Past that just clicks. Really enjoyed replaying it.
That wws my first video game...I must have been 3 of 4 when I played it so I didn't actually finish it until I was a teenager. But man I have so many memories of that game world.
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

That wws my first video game...I must have been 3 of 4 when I played it so I didn't actually finish it until I was a teenager. But man I have so many memories of that game world.

That is the great thing about LttP: the worlds have a lot to discover. Plenty of secret rooms in dungeons, jumping between the two worlds to reach new areas, optional items to help you out if you go out of your way (the Cane of Bryna comes to mind). It has a lot to love.

My first game was also on SNES with a similar story to you; it was Super Mario World. I could get to the start of world 3, Vanilla Dome, but man, poor 3 year old Yangus couldn’t get farther than that. Wasn’t until I was 10 and got the GBA version that I finally got past that hurtle!

One thing I don’t like about LttP are the dungeon layouts for the later dungeons. Especially the 5th dungeon in the Dark World, the Ice Palace. This dungeon drives me nuts because you have to do a lot of backtracking in it, especially towards the end when you need to run around just to push a block down a hole to help you advance. You’re honestly better off doing the 6th dungeon in the Dark World swamp so you have the can that can make blocks for you.

Link to the Past is my personal favorite. No other game has so thoroughly captured my imagination and the music is fantastic. When I was 6/7 years old I would dream about finding secrets that weren't in the game (especially after finding the faerie cave where you can get the shield upgrade. Blew. My. Mind.).

Link to the Past is my personal favorite. No other game has so thoroughly captured my imagination and the music is fantastic. When I was 6/7 years old I would dream about finding secrets that weren't in the game (especially after finding the faerie cave where you can get the shield upgrade. Blew. My. Mind.).
Some kid at school told me that if you beat the game, the clouds at the edges of the map would clear up and reveal new areas. Crushed my sould when I found out it was untrue.
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

GIMME WIN WACKER!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 2/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ice Dragon 19 said:

The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword is finally on switch now 

And i can't help but think how nice these Joycons are

Zelda-Skyward-Sword-HD-Custom-Joy-Con.jp

Did you preorder them? Apparently they all sold out in minutes at every retailer.