Wasn't that what kind of happened with Fire Emblem Awakening? Like, everyone loved then everyone started hating it. We'll call it the Nintendo effect.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like Twilight Princess gives off a more Berserk vibe. Though I love the Lord of the Rings, unfortunately I've never been able to get past the first book, I reallylike the movies. Also had fun l

So that way he won't be able to hear sound effects and music? What a stupid way of putting it.     I managed to play the game at a party I attended last night. Pretty good game, and was impressed o

I can't wait to play it! I chose to hold out until I grab a Switch in a few weeks, rather than get the Wii U version, and I can hardly wait. Breath of the Wild looks so fantastic, I can't wait to expl

Posted Images

Tbh my issues with SS were things I needed to play it to recognize.

When I first heard about Silent Realms, I thought they sounded a lot like the TotOK. Which because I am weird, was a thing I liked about PH. They didn't really live up to expectations.

Wasn't that what kind of happened with Fire Emblem Awakening? Like, everyone loved then everyone started hating it. We'll call it the Nintendo effect.

With Fire Emblem Awakening, it's more of a Persona Effect, in that it marked a shift in the franchise that the hardcore fans that have loved it before 3 and 4, and in Fire Emblem's case, Awakening, are annoyed that people only care about the newer titles.

I'm really HYPED for this new Zelda, it just looks so breath taking. After seeing the reviews popping up I can't help but get even more excited, so many are saying its hand down the best Zelda game created. I can't wait to get my hand on it and explore the world myself. It feels almost like Zelda NES the way it has been crafted, what the game would be like today if it was made.

Zelda Oot and Majora's Mask are currently my two favorite Zelda games, followed by Twilight Prince and Skyward Sword. Wind Waker was amazing, but there was just to much water and not enough land to explore for me...and the Toon style is nice but I prefer the more anime take on the world. I'm already sure the placement of this new one going to be high up the list.

So...did anyone get Breath of the Wild today?

Yes! I just got it!

Switch or Wii U version?

I got my Nintendo Switch, but still waiting for my Special Edition Zelda to come in the mail...so sadly I might have to wait another day. I also got it on Wii U but going to keep that one sealed.

Here's some Zelda related content. I find the music bit interesting since a number of 3DS games have orchestrated music and all sound fine. Though the midi-synth used for Link Between Worlds is on the good quality side like Fire Emblem Awakening.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Off the great Great Plateu, the voice acting is okay so far. The story is interesting, though the gameplay is where it's at, it felt so great figuring out all the puzzles on my own. I also like how they brought back the Magnet glove and Ice scepter in the form of Cryonis and Magnesis, now those were two items I never thought I'd see in a 3-D Zelda.

Off the great Great Plateu, the voice acting is okay so far. The story is interesting, though the gameplay is where it's at, it felt so great figuring out all the puzzles on my own. I also like how they brought back the Magnet glove and Ice scepter in the form of Cryonis and Magnesis, now those were two items I never thought I'd see in a 3-D Zelda.

Can voice acting be turned off entirely?

Can voice acting be turned off entirely?

Not as far as I can tell. But for me I dont think thats needed. At all.

There is, just mute your TV.

Anyway I've played quite a few hours of BotW so far. I like the customization options, and the horse taming is a nice addition, though I just use the Link amiibo to get Epona. The combat is a nice challenge, you've all kinds of weapon types and it's really satisfying pulling off a perfect dodge. I am kind of annoyed by my weapons breaking though. The story is interesting so far, as interesting as the story in Zelda usually is, its not super deep or anything, at least, not yet. I've noticed that all the NPCs have a unique name and schedule, which was my favorite part of Majora's Mask(Bomber's Notebook please). You'll usually have a few sidequests available each town you go to. The puzzles in each shrine are very creative, wish there was more Runes though(I've come across a character who implies there are more runes, but right now all the slots for runes are filled up, upgrade possibly?).

Anyway that's my overview of the things I've liked so far.

At least the game will be interesting. ProJared's review from a few days ago made me realize what all the game was offering. No idea when I'll ever get the game.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

There is, just mute your TV.

So that way he won't be able to hear sound effects and music? What a stupid way of putting it.

I managed to play the game at a party I attended last night. Pretty good game, and was impressed on how open it was. This is the first game in a very long time that I can confidently say that it has done open-world right. Really tempted on buying the Wii U version right now, but I am still going to wait on it. I would rather wait and buy the Switch version a couple months down the road then buy the game for a 2nd time. Also had a chance to play around with the Switch as well. Pretty good system, just hope they fix all the build quality issues in their next set of release consoles.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know where I can find ingredients for an elixir or dish that can up fire resistance? I plan on doing Vah Rudania next (I've done Medoh and Ruta and want to save Naboris for last), but I'm not getting anywhere without the ability to resist Fire...

I can't wait to play it! I chose to hold out until I grab a Switch in a few weeks, rather than get the Wii U version, and I can hardly wait. Breath of the Wild looks so fantastic, I can't wait to explore it myself!

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1

My 5th graders came in today all excited about an upcoming production of Singing in the Rain that a few are in. One girl said she was playing the role of Zelda.

I exploded loudly with, "Really? Holy cow, who's playing Link!? Now I'm interested in coming!"

I got 2 high fives. It was worth it.

So I may be braving Walmart at 2 AM tonight in the hopes of a Switch, as a little birdy told me they were putting out a display at that time.

Of course, I'll also be going to work at 8 AM, who needs uninterrupted sleep? Pfft.