I'll just go ahead and make this thread anyway.

Any Zelda fans here? Use this thread to discuss Zelda, even the CDI games if you so desire.😛My personal favorite Zelda is Majoras Mask. It's even probably my favorite game of all time.

Who's excited for Breath of the Wild? I know I am. I hear Nintendos going to release new screenshots slowly leading up to its release.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like Twilight Princess gives off a more Berserk vibe. Though I love the Lord of the Rings, unfortunately I've never been able to get past the first book, I reallylike the movies. Also had fun l

So that way he won't be able to hear sound effects and music? What a stupid way of putting it.     I managed to play the game at a party I attended last night. Pretty good game, and was impressed o

I can't wait to play it! I chose to hold out until I grab a Switch in a few weeks, rather than get the Wii U version, and I can hardly wait. Breath of the Wild looks so fantastic, I can't wait to expl

Posted Images

Big fan of the series as well, at least I have been recently.

My interest in the series had died down a lot in the last several years. Mostly because Skyward Sword didn't really create the feeling and love I have for the series, and I wasn't a big fan of Twilight Princess. With those two major releases, I just didn't really have much interest in the series at that point. I didn't think TP or Skyward Sword were not bad games, just not what I really wanted in a Zelda game.

After playing Hyrule Warriors when it first came out, it got me interested in the series again. Even though I am not a big musou player, I really had a lot of fun with the game (not the 3DS version though, I think that version is complete trash). Breath of the Wild is what the series really needs to be honest. It is going back to the roots, which is what made me a fan of the series to begin with. If this game combines the awesome dungeon designs from Twilight Princess, along with the freedom of exploration. I feel like it just might be the best Zelda yet. 

Edited by Twinkie

I like how in Breath of the Wild, they're combining the freedom of A Link Between Worlds, and the amazing graphics of a console Zelda. They brought back the Magnet Rod in the form of Magnesis, which I can see leading to a bunch of creative puzzle solving.

I always enjoyed the earlier titles from the series, and the titles LIKE it.

Zelda 1, LTTP, Mimish Cap (I LOVED Mimish.), Four Swords, etc.

I prefer 3D Zelda games to 2D Zelda games. Probably because I grew up playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

However, I would put the Oracle games in my top 5 (both in the same spot since the two are "sibling" games).

I prefer 3D Zelda games to 2D Zelda games. Probably because I grew up playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

However, I would put the Oracle games in my top 5 (both in the same spot since the two are "sibling" games).

The Oracle games are heavily under looked. They felt like a old school Zelda 2D game, as well as having some pretty challenging dungeons. The ring and linking mechanics between the two games was really neat as well.

I've been a fan of the Zelda series for a long time now, and so I've played through many of them!  

My favorite would have to be Wind Waker! I love that game. :)

Breath of the Wild looks cool too, but I'm not sure how the non-linearity is going to go. All Zelda games have explorration and things to find, and some even allow for you to go through the game's dungeons in any order you want, but the fact that you can apparently start up the game and head straight for the final boss is a little weird. Not bad, but I'm still a little curious how that's going to work.

Edited by gooieooie

Zelda? Two 3DS games, two Wii U games, a Wii game, a GameBoy game, the original Zela, and a Virtual Console game.

As for my total backlog, if my backloggery wasn't so messy, I'd share it, but overall I believe I have about 160 unfinished games, but in fairness to me, a few are for systems I no longer own so I can't play them but I still want to finish them. Sometimes they're just small indie games that'll take like three hours to finish. Stuff like that.

I've played mutiple Zelda games, but the running joke is that I haven't finished a single one yet.

Speaking of finishing... I think I've done something unique.

Hurricane Spin AND the bonus dungeon, in LTTP GBA. On the original cart.

I own every single Zelda game, but I haven't beaten all of them. It's actually one of the only series where I actually played the first game first. It was my favorite video game series of all time until I got into Dragon Quest a few years back.

My top 3 of the series would be

3. Legend of Zelda (Original/NES)

2. Majora's Mask

1. Wind Waker.

The only ones I've yet to complete are Zelda 2, aLttP, the oracle games, Four Swords Adventures, and Skyward Sword (couldn't stand to play it after a while, not a fun game at all)

Uh oh, someone said Skyward Sword....

I actually really enjoyed Skyward Sword. It was a fun game, and other than a few times I never had problems with the controls. My only complaint is that the three areas below the clouds are separate from each other, but otherwise I enjoyed my time with Skyward Sword.

Same. I never had too many problems with the controls myself. I also really like the music in that game, my favorite being Ballad of the Goddess.

The motion controls in Skyward Sword were pretty okay for the most part. The only times they ever didn't work as intended for me was on the sword and the whip. But still if they work 95% of the time for those two items that's still a lot more frustrating than when you've played previous Zelda games that use buttons for those items that work 100% if the time.

Other than that I don't like the way the motion controls work for flying and swimming, even in their intended way. Flying hurt my wrist a lot because in order to fly down you have to angle your wrist in a very uncomfortable way unless you're holding the controller like a crazy person, looking like you're aiming to stab someone with the wiimote. Swimming was really annoying because of the motion controls. You have to angle the wii remote in the direction you want to swim in, but since the wii remote doesn't have a default position (unlike control sticks) you don't really get any physical feedback from the controls making it often difficult to control. Especially frustrating since the Zora form from Majora's Mask did swimming so much better. The least they could've done it give us an option to use the control sticks.

The motion controls are the least of that game's problems though. I could go on and on about a that game and all its problems if you really want me to, but I don't have the time or energy right now.

The controls for Skyward Sword were really good. It felt a lot better then the controls from Twilight Princess. 

My problem was just how the game was structured. Didn't really FEEL like it was a Zelda game to me. The story was fantastic, easily my favorite story ever told in a Zelda game. The crafting and upgrade system was really good as well, and I am hoping they expand on that system a lot in Breath of the Wild.

New Breath of the Wild snowboarding trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlPhvPJtyXE

Reminds me of the challenge at Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess.

I've had the hankering to play Twilight Princess again. I'd like to play the HD version and get that sweet wolf link amiibo, but that will probably wait awhile.

Twilight Princess is another Zelda game I really enjoy. The artstyle/graphics of the game always gave me this Lord of the Rings vibe.

I feel like Twilight Princess gives off a more Berserk vibe. Though I love the Lord of the Rings, unfortunately I've never been able to get past the first book, I reallylike the movies. Also had fun listening to GCP Grey's video on Middle Earth mythology. That aside, I also love Twilight Princess, though at times I kind of felt like it was really trying hard to be Ocarina 2.0., though that's not necessarily a bad thing. Its a given pretty much that I think the music is awesomel like the Hyrule Field theme and Midna's Lament. Also Midna, she's awesome.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Upvote 1

Trying to play Majora's Mask on the 3DS. Having a hard time trying to keep interest in it. The timer is almost too much pressure to try to get specific things done, even with the inverted song of time.

Trying to play Majora's Mask on the 3DS. Having a hard time trying to keep interest in it. The timer is almost too much pressure to try to get specific things done, even with the inverted song of time.

I tried replaying Majora's Mask last month, but I couldn't get into it. I've only fully completed Majora's Mask...twice, out of all the times I've played it. I like the game, but the timer can sometimes be a problem.

However, I like how reliant the game is on the side quests to flesh out the world than trying to force it into the main story. I think games a lot more effective at creating a living world when they do that approach.

Don't give up on the game yet Bururian. You can do it.

The side quests really are what makes Majoras Mask. I always felt the timer gave the game a sense of a realism. All the characters have their schedules and things they do. By the end of the game if you've done all the side quests you've gotten to know the people of the world which makes saving them that much more personal(and easier).

My personal favorite is probably the side quests revolving around Romani's Ranch and The Gorman Brothers.

Don't give up. If you need motivation, listen to Rocky.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • 2 weeks later...

Tbh, my only real issue with the MM timer was only a gripe in the N64 version. That is the periods of waiting around needed for certain sidequests (ie Anju and Kafei). The 3DS version modified double time from "next dawn/dusk" to picking an hour.

My favorite Zelda is The Wind Waker, like a couple others here. A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess after it, in that order.

(Though I'd putt SS above TP if its controls weren't frustrating and Fi was more like Midna with piping up. Midna was pretty hands off overall, you can ask her, but she doesn't do much "Go to x" on her own. I... can't say the same for Fi.)