Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

New Features Video!

Best part of the video?

Pirate Yangus.

Best part of the video?

Pirate Yangus.

Agreed.

On a somewhat unrelated note, why are the Dragon Quest VIII trailers that Nintendo UK have been releasing so far have terrible audio quality?

I know I'm usually critical of Nintendo of America, but all of the Dragon Quest VIII trailers that Nintendo of America have released have much better audio quality than the trailers Nintendo UK has released.

Nice! I like that the alchemy pot is instantaneous now!

Edit: Tried to watch the video on my old computer and the video crashed. Need to use the laptop.

Extra Edit: I've been wondering if the alchemy pot still starts out at two item recipes like in the original.

Edited by Stepchan

Best part of the video?

Pirate Yangus.

Agreed.

On a somewhat unrelated note, why are the Dragon Quest VIII trailers that Nintendo UK have been releasing so far have terrible audio quality?

I know I'm usually critical of Nintendo of America, but all of the Dragon Quest VIII trailers that Nintendo of America have released have much better audio quality than the trailers Nintendo UK has released.

I have also noticed this. It appears the U.K. trailers use the audio that is coming out of the 3DS while the U.S. ones are using the audio files or something.

Alchemy pot starts at 100%.  3 items, instant.

• Upvote 1

I noticed the hero has what looks like Erdrick's Sword on his back at 1:48. Wasn't that a preorder bonus for the game in Japan? So does that mean that we'll be getting preorder bonuses over here as well. Or maybe it's just a DLC item you can download.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

There's no way that they'll have as many pre-order bonuses as Japan did, if any. They'll probably be available through an alternative method in-game. My guess would be available for free download at certain weeks like DQ7 DLC or something.

A more interesting way would be to offer than as rewards for the achievement feature and add more achievements to the game, but I kind of doubt they'll go the extra mile for that. Actually, I'm not even sure the achievement feature will be present in the English release lol.

Of course I guess it's also possible that Erdrick's Sword is the only pre-order weapon available since it was the most ubiquitous and easy to get and even has alchemy recipes using it. That would be disappointing. The "guaranteed 1 damage" scythe was the most useful.

Not unless they change it. It still starts at 2 items in the Japanese version.

Edited by The n00b Avenger
  • Upvote 1

There's no way that they'll have as many pre-order bonuses as Japan did, if any. They'll probably be available through an alternative method in-game. My guess would be available for free download at certain weeks like DQ7 DLC or something.

A more interesting way would be to offer than as rewards for the achievement feature and add more achievements to the game, but I kind of doubt they'll go the extra mile for that. Actually, I'm not even sure the achievement feature will be present in the English release lol.

Of course I guess it's also possible that Erdrick's Sword is the only pre-order weapon available since it was the most ubiquitous and easy to get and even has alchemy recipes using it. That would be disappointing. The "guaranteed 1 damage" scythe was the most useful.

Not unless they change it. It still starts at 2 items in the Japanese version.

I'm fine either way(especially compared to the original game, I remember how long it took me to get the Timbrels of Tension through it, that was a long period of creation while I was doing extra needed in game stuff).

Here's a new condensed trailer with the new features.