Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

New Dragon Quest VIII Footage

So, the synthesised MIDI soundtrack doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would. It sounds rather tolerable. I can't wait for Dragon Quest VIII!

Edited by Dakhil
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like they're using the Theatrhythm soundtrack for the DQ8 tracks. Most of them sound okay, but that solo trumpet in the overworld theme is a bummer! It sounded amazing on the PS2 and really brought an indescribable atmosphere to exploration.

"I don't think the avatar had multiple outfits"

Looks like someone never beat all the bonus bosses...

I didn't know about the photo mode. Looks cute, I guess.

The game looks nice. The Morisatan is known in English as Morrimp, and I'm looking forward to seeing Dhoulmagus's past in English, as well as Rhapthorne's newest servant.

Here's the same footage, except with no commentary:

Here's also a 45 minute gameplay video of the German version of Dragon Quest VIII (on the Nintendo 3DS).

Here are some interesting things I've noticed from the footage of the German verison of Dragon Quest VIII above:

- At 3:30 – 3:36, it seems like unlike the Japanese Nintendo 3DS version, the Western Nintendo 3DS version will allow the player to choose between regular camera control and inverted camera control when using either the L and R buttons or the C-stick nub to control the camera.

- There are cutscenes that originally didn't have voice acting in the western PlayStation 2 version that now have voice acting in the western Nintendo 3DS version. Those cutscenes are in 28:03 – 28:22, 32:15 – 32:32, and 37:36 – 38:30.

Edited by Dakhil

- There are cutscenes that originally didn't have voice acting in the western PlayStation 2 version that now have voice acting in the western Nintendo 3DS version. Those cutscenes are in 28:03 – 28:22, 32:15 – 32:32, and 37:36 – 38:30.

Wow, I didn't even realize until the Hammerhood cutscene! Really cool of them to go the extra mile. I hope they did this with all the voiceless cutscenes from the original.