Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Gamestop offering a DQVIII 3DS pouch for pre-order

Yeah...it does look cool.  I would have preferred a special map with all Notorious Monsters, and/or all treasure chests, printed on a screen cleaning cloth (that attaches to the 3DS with a loop on the backside, ala DQM:J).

This does speak volumes about the success of DQ7 though, and the success WITHIN gamestop's stores.  This is via request for something cheap to help spur on more sales.

Also, hey Tiael, long time no see/speak buddy.  How've you been?  I can't believe Ys8 is out...next year is going to be a really awesome year for JRPG's I think.  Better than this year I believe.

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure it's worth the $8 off my Amazon order. Hmmm... decisions decisions...

• Upvote 1

Sticking with Amazon. I never get pre-order from Gamestop. I'm still salty about the slime plushy from Dragon Quest VI.

It's nice, though. Hope ya'll that preorder from them can get it.

Sticking with Amazon. I never get pre-order from Gamestop. I'm still salty about the slime plushy from Dragon Quest VI.

It's nice, though. Hope ya'll that preorder from them can get it.

You know what's nearly as bad?  The pre-order comes, you get called 3 days to 1 week later, and come in to get...a floor copy because they "had to gut at least one," even though it was already BOUGHT and PAID for.  I've had that once, stopped pre-ordering, but yeah, not quite that bad.

Ever had to cancel and switch pre-order money to another pre-order?  God they put you through the ringer.  Or get a refund because the game didn't come and they wouldn't track down a copy for you, despite having paid?  That took months to get through, and I lost money because they wouldn't even give me a full refund for their mistake.

What's even worse today is their need to destroy stuff they're going to "throw out," to combat dumpster diving and employee gifts.  They get the tax break either way if they just disclose it as thrown out.  Whatever actually happens to the items after is never checked up on by government, and so they can just give it away if they want, or put it out back in a box for people to take.  Or they could take the next step and donate for another form of tax write-off.  It's something that worries me now that the current model of GS is in the retro gaming market once again.  The old GS wasn't destructive, and there's the question of what if some NES game that's solid doesn't sell fast enough?

I'm not sure it's worth the $8 off my Amazon order. Hmmm... decisions decisions...

Yeah, unless I see that map printout, I'm sticking to Amazon.  Would be nice if Amazon had a pre-order offering to boot, but I suppose they don't require it given their price guarantee (unless it's a major release and a universal pre-order bonus system).

Of course, a pre-order bonus at GameStop don't necessarily mean you need to pre-order it. I didn't pre-order Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax (actually I did, but that's a long story). You know what I bought last year (or maybe the year before) for $20? Ultimax and the pre-order bonuses it came with. If people don't pick up a pre-order, it stays behind to be sold later.

Of course, a pre-order bonus at GameStop don't necessarily mean you need to pre-order it. I didn't pre-order Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax (actually I did, but that's a long story). You know what I bought last year (or maybe the year before) for $20? Ultimax and the pre-order bonuses it came with. If people don't pick up a pre-order, it stays behind to be sold later.

Right, but they didn't call and I went in store and called up several times over the course of the week to double check.  Nothing.  The day it came in, it was the only copy, I was the only pre-order, and while listed in their system as such, when I came to pick it up, that very same day, it was unboxed and on the floor.  Manager's decision.

I was talking more generally. Of your post I actually only read your response to Platty.

Whilst the Dragon Quest VIII pouch looks nice, I already have a Legend of Zelda hard pouch for my Nintendo 3DS. And I don't know if I want to cancel my Amazon preorder.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well since I want a copy to play and a copy for my collection, I might just buy one from Amazon and one from GameStop. With Christmas money of course. 

Yeah...it does look cool.  I would have preferred a special map with all Notorious Monsters, and/or all treasure chests, printed on a screen cleaning cloth (that attaches to the 3DS with a loop on the backside, ala DQM:J).

This does speak volumes about the success of DQ7 though, and the success WITHIN gamestop's stores.  This is via request for something cheap to help spur on more sales.

Also, hey Tiael, long time no see/speak buddy.  How've you been?  I can't believe Ys8 is out...next year is going to be a really awesome year for JRPG's I think.  Better than this year I believe.

Been good.

RL/work, gaming, the usual business.

Picked up The Witcher 3 Complete on Black Friday and FFXV came out 4 days later, so I've been busy XD

Next year should be good, from Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Ys Origin, FFXII The Zodiac Age (just for Platty), DQVIII, Etrian Odyssey V (hopefully), KH2.8, Valkyria: Azure Revolution (for Japan, hopefully the west after), possibility of DQXI for Japan (though I'm just looking forward to some news in general come December 17th/29th), Trails in the Sky The 3rd, maybe seeing some concrete info/footage on Trails of Cold Steel III, The Alliance Alive (and hopeful release in the west), Ever Oasis, Nier Automata, Ni no Kuni II, Ys VIII (PS4 for Japan, hopefully XSEED localizes it quick) among others I'm forgetting yet some unannounced, plus whatever Switch may bring.

Not to mention this rumor, which I can easily see myself buying:

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

Next year is going to be nuts for RPGs. Big-budget ones at that.

Been good.

RL/work, gaming, the usual business.

Picked up The Witcher 3 Complete on Black Friday and FFXV came out 4 days later, so I've been busy XD

Next year should be good, from Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Ys Origin, FFXII The Zodiac Age (just for Platty), DQVIII, Etrian Odyssey V (hopefully), KH2.8, Valkyria: Azure Revolution (for Japan, hopefully the west after), possibility of DQXI for Japan (though I'm just looking forward to some news in general come December 17th/29th), Trails in the Sky The 3rd, maybe seeing some concrete info/footage on Trails of Cold Steel III, The Alliance Alive (and hopeful release in the west), Ever Oasis, Nier Automata, Ni no Kuni II, Ys VIII (PS4 for Japan, hopefully XSEED localizes it quick) among others I'm forgetting yet some unannounced, plus whatever Switch may bring.

Not to mention this rumor, which I can easily see myself buying:

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

*faints* - literally...

Good motivating tool to finish my first book.

Will this pouch fit a 3DS XL or the original size?

Not cheap, just generic. Pouches come with games all the time. So much so that I'm up to my neck in them.

I've had this game on pre-order since December last year. Not gonna cancel and pre-order elsewhere for a pouch with a slime on it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1