Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Your Favorite Video Game Soundtracks

There is. Pretty cheap too, comparatively. 1663 yen on Amazon Japan. Just search ファイナルファンタジー エクスプローラーズ under CD & Vinyl and it'll pop up.

Thanks a bunch, Fates! I think I'll have to pick up this OST at the next chance I get. I have not seen it anywhere else. It's not for sale on Square Enix's NA store, either.

I'll say DQVIII, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Persona 3 make the top of my list. I don't really analyze and critique the musical aspects of games all that much. I tend to stick to analyzing characters.

Persona Q battle theme was worth listening to for half the game at least.

Does Persona Q not have music?
It can be made to do so.
  • Upvote 1

I'd go with Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Scarface : The World Is Yours. I like 80's music.

For pure video game music, I'll go all the way back to Castlevania IV for SNES.

I don't play much GTA, but I always find just one single station that I like in each game I've played. I don't remember what the station was called, but in GTAV it was the one that would play Stardust's "Music Sounds Better With You". When I heard the song, I thought, "This sounds like Daft Punk, but I've never heard this before!". It turns out Thomas Bangalter (one of the duo that is Daft Punk) is a member of Stardust, as well.

A bonus in GTAV - While I don't like everything on Channel X, I was happy to hear Amoeba by the Adolescents while flipping through stations. It brought back childhood memories of playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (back before Activision ruined the series).

I have another addition to my ever growing list...The Simpsons: Hit & Run.

For one, I loved playing this game back when it first came out. I would play it at my cousin's whenever I was over, and the two of us would work together to unlock all the extra vehicles and find all the secret gags and so on.

Anyway, I recently had the urge to hear the car select theme from the telephone booths, and slowly I've been listening to the full soundtrack via YouTube. I completely forgot how catchy and toe tapping some of the songs were in the game, especially from Homer's levels. Can't forget Lisa's theme when driving around with that sweet saxophone sound.

This game's soundtrack made repeating certain levels and missions that caused me trouble worth it, as well as making the game a lot of fun. It's nice the music is in the show's style, and gives a Danny Elfman vibe. Kudos to the music directors/composers of this game, they did a bang up job.

For examples of why I love this game's music, take a listen to all of Homer's musical cues from his first level in the game. As a guy who plays tuba and loves the sound of bass, a lot of Homer's music puts a smile on my face. The tuba fits for Homer.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Fun fact: Crash Tag Team Racing was built on The Simpsons: Hit and Run engine.

That makes it a lean mean speed thingy.

Bastion and Transistor. The games are awesome, love the solid gameplay, the atmosphere, the story and the amazing soundtrack.

Really, at this point I'm willing to throw my money on anything Supergiant Games release.