Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Free Poster when Preordering from Nintendo UK Store

So, if you're from the UK, and you preorder Dragon Quest VIII from the Nintendo UK store, you can get yourself a free poster.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/801840332837154816

Why does Europe get all the good stuff and not North America? :(

The only thing Nintendo of America is good for is engineering stock shortages, unfortunately.

So, if you're from the UK, and you preorder Dragon Quest VIII from the Nintendo UK store, you can get yourself a free poster.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/801840332837154816

Why does Europe get all the good stuff and not North America? :(

We usually get earlier releases on things besides DQ since Europe requires more translating.

Of course, there are even more shafted regions than Europe and NA, and the only region practically guaranteed to not get the short end of the stick is Japan.

...and the only region practically guaranteed to not get the short end of the stick is Japan.

Can't imagine why.

I really wish I had more game posters. That DQVIII poster looks so awesome.

I have a DQ VI poster around here somewhere. I have no idea what became of it, it's been like two years since I've seen it. Probably for the best, when you think about it.

Go on eBay and search for GameStop posters, King. You'll find thousands of stolen/dumpster dug store posters for nothing.

Oh my God, its like GameStop wants you to steal their posters.

There's quite the GameStop theft culture. YouTuber's that devote their channels to their dumpster-diving finds. They sell the discarded games online. GameStop apparently throws pretty much everything out and intrepid gamers will go in the middle of the night and steal their trash for their own game collections and rooms. Sometimes, if you're friendly with the staff they'll just give it to you. I was gonna schmooze the clerk I see at GameStop all the time and see if she'd hook me up with the little Builders display, but it was gone before I made my move.

Whichever one you think is most likely, is the correct one. Probably.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

So, do you get the poster upon preorder? Or only when the game comes in?

So, do you get the poster upon preorder? Or only when the game comes in?

I'm guessing you get the poster when your game gets delivered (with the poster alongside it), considering when looking at the Nintendo UK store, it seems like you're preordering the physical copy of Dragon Quest VIII.