DLC Question

MKVarana

So, I missed the boat on this game, not having had a PS4 when it came out.

I ordered one last night, and noticed that the game is listed for $10 on Black Friday at GameStop, so I'm likely going to pick it up.

I'd imagine that version is the generic, non-day one edition, so before I buy it, I figured I'd ask;

Is all of the DLC available to purchase now, or is some of it locked behind the special versions still?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, everything that was dlc in JP was on disc in the US version, aside from the low level slime gear

The Day One edition comes with a code that you won't be able to redeem. The expiration date is a year after release. It is a "Day One" Edition after all.

• Upvote 1

As far as I know, everything that was dlc in JP was on disc in the US version, aside from the low level slime gear

The slime gear was bad within an hour or two. Pointless really.

Yeah, I forgot I had them and by the time I remembered I had way better equipment.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I ended up letting someone get this for me for Christmas instead of buying it myself.  It turned out to be the Day One Edition, and even though it was expired, the code DID work!  (Not that it mattered, since I had to buy the DLC containing them to get the rest of the stuff anyhow...lol)

• Upvote 1

I ended up letting someone get this for me for Christmas instead of buying it myself. It turned out to be the Day One Edition, and even though it was expired, the code DID work! (Not that it mattered, since I had to buy the DLC containing them to get the rest of the stuff anyhow...lol)

Really, the code still worked? Maybe mine will too once I start the game.

Eh, I'd still like to get them if I can. I enjoy using the joke items every once and awhile, especially in Monster Hunter games.

Dat Shark Lance from Monster Hunter Tri...good times.

• Upvote 1

From what everyone else says, it's not even worth the time to get the items. They're useless by minute one.

Nah.

Minute 7 maybe.

Excellent. 7 minutes in heaven it is then!

• Upvote 1

From what everyone else says, it's not even worth the time to get the items. They're useless by minute one.

Nah.

Minute 7 maybe.

Just keep things from getting too slimey.
  • Upvote 1

Nah.

Minute 7 maybe.

I can't help it if things get hot and sticky.

Nah.

Minute 7 maybe.

You'll definitely work up a sweat with that group action.
  • Upvote 1

Nah.

Minute 7 maybe.

So what you're saying is that it's gonna get real gooey real fast?

Nah.

Minute 7 maybe.

So what you're saying is that it's gonna get real gooey real fast?
Yeah. Just remember when things start getting hard, a few well-placed thrusts of your stiff staff will do the trick!
  • Upvote 1

I prefer to beat things with my fists for a personal touch.

So I have a question about the DLC: is it possible to get the Dragon Quest III hero clothing at all, or was that limited to only ordering from Square Enix's website back when the game first came out? I remember there was some special edition of the game that came in a treasure box or something, and a promotion for the hero's clothes based on Dragon Quest III's hero, but that's it.

• Upvote 1

The Slime gear code worked, so now I have the Slime weapons. May not be useful for long, but it's still nice to have them.

• Upvote 1

The Slime gear code worked, so now I have the Slime weapons. May not be useful for long, but it's still nice to have them.

You are only missing two of the weapons. Yangus's Slime Axe was tied to the digital pre-order of the game. No other way to get it. and Maya's Slime Fans are available for download, but exclusively for PS+ members. I popped my free month of PS+ to get them, just because.

I can live without those two. My concern was for the code that came with my game.