Sign in to follow this  
TOMMY

DQX open beta released in China

Hello everyone:

I'm an international student in EU and a newcomer of this forum. I just started playing DQX last week right after it was released in China. I saw someone here is asking about the Chinese server, so I think maybe it's better to make a short introduction on it. 

DQX open beta was released in China on 8 Nov. 2016. The operator is SHANDA GAMES (SG). The version of DQX is based on 2.0. The character level cap is 60. There are 8 classes including Warrior, Priest, Mage, Martial Artist, Thief, Minstrel, Paladin and Ranger. 

DQX is a P2P game. Players have to buy access to the game. There are two access packages available: standard edition ($10) and collector’s edition ($30). The former include 30 days subscription time; the latter one has 90 days and a lot of in-game items. 

Official website: http://dq.sdo.com/

%E5%85%88%E8%A1%8C%E8%80%85%E6%B5%8B%E8%

The collector package includes 20 Spirit Bombs (2 times EXP within 30mins), 50 lotteries and other appearance items.

What’s new?

As I know, DQX was originally designed for consoles and then implanted into PC. So it’s recommended to play with controllers. But since more players prefer playing with keyboard and mouse in China, a new control system was implemented by SG. It’s a little similar to WOW (but not exactly the same). You can input your command by clicking the number 1-9 directly in the battle. I can hardly say this system is good or not. Here is a video link. The first boss battle starts at 08:00. 

%E7%95%8C%E9%9D%A2%E8%AE%BE%E7%BD%AE04.j

%E5%BC%80%E6%94%BE%E6%80%A7%E6%B5%8B%E8%

The following part is my opinion on the Chinese server. 

Pros

1. This game was released last week. You can see many many new players in the game. The distance between beginners and experienced players is quite short.
  2. The internet connection speed is acceptable. For instance, I’m in EU. With an internet accelerator, the lag on average is from 200-300. It doesn’t significantly affect my playing. And there is no region-block.
  3. Non-Chinese telephone number is allowed to register for the game account (confirmed). International credit cards do not work anymore. SG cancelled this service (confirmed).
Cons:

1. There is no offline mode and no free trial. You have to pay before playing the game. 
  2. No English patch. I have asked this question through the official website of DQX. But to be honest,  I don’t expect any positive reply.
  3. No English speaking players. i know there are many foreign players in Japanese server. In China, you can speak English in the game. But not so many people can understand you. 

That's all. If there is someone willing to play in the Chinese server, I may make a guide on how to register for a game account and buy the game. Of course, the best solution is to have a Chinese friend who has a Chinese debit card.  

Sorry for my poor English. I'm not a native speaker  :)

Edited by TOMMY
  • Upvote 1

Wait wait wait....wait...

Its on Version 2.0, ok I can understand that, but why the lv 50 cap and only 8 classes?  Wasn't V2.0 like lv 65+ content?  With multiple classes out?  Did they rebalance the entire expansion for China's version or something?

Edited by Alexandrious

Wait wait wait....wait...

Its on Version 2.0, ok I can understand that, but why the lv 50 cap and only 8 classes?  Wasn't V2.0 like lv 65+ content?  With multiple classes out?  Did they rebalance the entire expansion for China's version or something?

Yes, you are right. SG rebalanced the game. The expansion is not exactly the same as the Japanese server.  

That's kind of interesting, the hotbar combat looks gross though.

Edited by tribalether

At least the game is coming out of Japan... but I hope I don't see that hot bar in our localization D:

Pretty cool! Not a fan of the hot bar/action bar though.

I agree

I'd rather have a hot bar with my DQ than no DQ at all. Is there an option to play with a controller as well, or is this version keyboard/mouse only?

I'm probably gonna give this a shot just out of curiosity, considering it's only 10 bucks.

I'd rather have a hot bar with my DQ than no DQ at all. Is there an option to play with a controller as well, or is this version keyboard/mouse only?

That's kind of interesting, the hotbar combat looks gross though.

At least the game is coming out of Japan... but I hope I don't see that hot bar in our localization D:

Pretty cool! Not a fan of the hot bar/action bar though.

The hotbar is optional. We can also choose controllers or keyboard/mouse.

To be honest, I think the hotbar looks ...nice xD

It's definitely more convient, is it just one hotbar or can we mix and match amounts of hotbars/postions/orientations of them?

It's great that we can use a controller, but can we use controller AND keyboard/mouse at same time? That's one of the nice things FF14 had, you could use all 3, even on the PS4 if you wanted to make some sort of mega UI.

(Is Dragon Race unlocked from the get go??)

Edited by Tangerine

Okay I can't figure out how to pay. I get to the payment page and it gives some options for checkout. I choose the credit card option and it only lists Chinese banks so I don't know if the reports of being able to do it with an overseas card are just wrong or what. Even if I choose a bank and try to go through to the next page it tells me "You must be using Internet Explorer to checkout". Okay so I go and navigate to the page through Internet Explorer and it tells me "You need to be using the latest version of chrome". 

Really weird.

To be honest, I think the hotbar looks ...nice xD

It's definitely more convient, is it just one hotbar or can we mix and match amounts of hotbars/postions/orientations of them?

It's great that we can use a controller, but can we use controller AND keyboard/mouse at same time? That's one of the nice things FF14 had, you could use all 3, even on the PS4 if you wanted to make some sort of mega UI.

(Is Dragon Race unlocked from the get go??)

From what I know, we can't make any custom change on the the hotbar. But I think SG will update the hotbar if necessary.

I think we can use both at the same time. At least, we need keyboard to type. 

Okay I can't figure out how to pay. I get to the payment page and it gives some options for checkout. I choose the credit card option and it only lists Chinese banks so I don't know if the reports of being able to do it with an overseas card are just wrong or what. Even if I choose a bank and try to go through to the next page it tells me "You must be using Internet Explorer to checkout". Okay so I go and navigate to the page through Internet Explorer and it tells me "You need to be using the latest version of chrome". 

Really weird.

Sorry, SG has cancelled this service. My suggestion is to pay with SG's recharge card (盛大å¡or盛大一å¡é€š). I see some websites are selling it. 

Really weird.

Sorry, SG has cancelled this service. My suggestion is to pay with SG's recharge card (盛大å¡or盛大一å¡é€š). I see some websites are selling it. 

Gonna give this a shot. 66 Yuan gets me access to the full game for a month, correct?

*Edit* 

I can't actually figure out how to pay for the game with the recharge points. It still only gives me the option of credit/debit card, alipay or something that translates to "microchannel". Luckily I only bought 54 cents worth just to test it out so I'm not out any money if it turns out you can't pay via that method. Seems like I won't be able to give the Chinese version a shot though.

Edited by tribalether

Really weird.

Gonna give this a shot. 66 Yuan gets me access to the full game for a month, correct?

*Edit* 

I can't actually figure out how to pay for the game with the recharge points. It still only gives me the option of credit/debit card, alipay or something that translates to "microchannel". Luckily I only bought 54 cents worth just to test it out so I'm not out any money if it turns out you can't pay via that method. Seems like I won't be able to give the Chinese version a shot though.

I wrote a guide which may help you. http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35483 http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35588

Edited by TOMMY

For those asking about using gamepad and keyboard/mouse at the same time:

In the Japanese version, you can. I haven't played the Chinese version, so it potentially could be different, but I don't see why they would change that. It's not like it's an extra feature, it's just that the game doesn't disable kb/mouse when you are using a controller. They'd have to go out of their way to disable kb/mouse while using a controller.