Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

PSN Accounts - Can I get some answers?

I'm disappointed in the lack of Chrono Cross on the PSN. Can't say I'm too surprised it isn't there, but I was hoping I'd be wrong and it would be available.

It is available, Yangus. :P

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/chrono-cross-(psone-classic)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ01041_00-0000000000000001

Also, for a memory card, I have a pro adapter that have 2 MicroSD card slots, so I loaded in a 16gb and a 8gb card since I had them readily available, then you format them both inside the PSP and it treats it like one card. It's pretty great.

I'm disappointed in the lack of Chrono Cross on the PSN. Can't say I'm too surprised it isn't there, but I was hoping I'd be wrong and it would be available.

It is available, Yangus. :P

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/chrono-cross-(psone-classic)/cid=UP9000-NPUJ01041_00-0000000000000001

Also, for a memory card, I have a pro adapter that have 2 MicroSD card slots, so I loaded in a 16gb and a 8gb card since I had them readily available, then you format them both inside the PSP and it treats it like one card. It's pretty great.

I'm not sure what's going on then, because when I search for the game within the PSN via my PSP nothing pops up when I search under "Chrono," "Cross," or the two put together.

I mean, I'm happy that it is on the store (not that I doubted others who mentioned I should download the game before, but I assumed that would be through other means) but now I'm wondering why it isn't popping up when I search for it.

I'm guessing if I purchased it via my computer I could access the download from my PSP then?

Searching the PSN on the PSP doesn't work. It hasn't for a long time.

and yeah, buy through the browser, then access your transaction history through the PSN store on the PSP.

Searching the PSN on the PSP doesn't work. It hasn't for a long time.

and yeah, buy through the browser, then access your transaction history through the PSN store on the PSP.

Everything else I've searched for has popped up when I've searched on my PSP within the store. So that's why I'm confused why Cross wasn't showing up.

huh, the search function does work. The store front is blank so I assumed it was offline.

That's what you get when you assume. Chrono Cross would not appear for me either. That is indeed weird.

Well, at least I now know I can buy it online and still download it to the system, so thanks for letting me know/confirming that. I'll be happy to pick that up at some point and have it on the go.

Well, at least I now know I can buy it online and still download it to the system, so thanks for letting me know/confirming that. I'll be happy to pick that up at some point and have it on the go.

The next week of sales starts tomorrow around 2pm EST, so it'll probably be week 2 of the current sale so hopefully more classics. 

Hoping for a Square Enix sale at some point because all the FF games are $10 a pop instead of the regular $6 for PSOne Classics.

The next week of sales starts tomorrow around 2pm EST, so it'll probably be week 2 of the current sale so hopefully more classics.

Hoping for a Square Enix sale at some point because all the FF games are $10 a pop instead of the regular $6 for PSOne Classics.

Oh, good to know the next week of sales will be starting soon. Good thing I picked out the games I really wanted (other than a few, but that's ok).

I'm hoping the Square games will have a sale too. Come on, cheap version of FFIX or Chrono Cross!

Oh, good to know the next week of sales will be starting soon. Good thing I picked out the games I really wanted (other than a few, but that's ok).

I'm hoping the Square games will have a sale too. Come on, cheap version of FFIX or Chrono Cross!

I bought FFIX for $10 because I had some other friends yelling at me because I never played it before. I'm on Disc 2 now, but that's for another thread :P

Yeah, all the games on sale will go off sale around 12pmEST tomorrow. That's a soft Noon, as it never seemingly updates at the same time every week. Just "Tuesday"

Get Medievil if you haven't. It's a fun action game. :P

So I have another question: does anyone know of any websites or Amazon sellers that sell official Memory Sticks? I'd like to pick up a 16 or 32 GB card (thought the 1 GB I got was bigger but it's only 951 MB) so I can put all my PS1 games together in one place, but apparently counterfeit Memory Sticks run rampant. Both mine seem legit from the guide I used, but now I'm cautious about buying one of these things.

THANK YOU.

Are you wanting really real PSP memory cards? They are expensive by comparison. This is why the counterfeit market is so huge.

I have this item:

https://www.amazon.com/Ebest-White-Memory-Stick-Adapter/dp/B007EHLFCE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1479173316&sr=8-6&keywords=PSP+pro+duo

You plug MicroSD cards into it, so you can fluctuate your memory needs at will.

THANK YOU.

I love Medievil. It's been forever and a half since I played it, so I loaded it on my PSP to play again.

I actually forgot the PSP remake was a thing. Since it's better suited for the system that version probably would have been better.

Yangus, I know you like Completionist so you should check out his episode on MediEvil.

Are you wanting really real PSP memory cards? They are expensive by comparison. This is why the counterfeit market is so huge.

I have this item:

https://www.amazon.com/Ebest-White-Memory-Stick-Adapter/dp/B007EHLFCE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1479173316&sr=8-6&keywords=PSP+pro+duo

You plug MicroSD cards into it, so you can fluctuate your memory needs at will.

THANK YOU.

I love Medievil. It's been forever and a half since I played it, so I loaded it on my PSP to play again.
Interesting. Are these Micro SD cards the new ones used for PS Vita's, and what sizes for the Micro would you recommend? Same as yours from the last page?

Also, I did buy MediEvil (mentioned it on the last page). It was actually Caddicarus who helped raise my interest in the game thanks to one of his recent videos.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

No, vita has completely proprietary cards.

You can stick two 32gb HC MicroSD cards into that thing and be fine. If you're just playing PSOne Classics, 2x8gb MicroSD cards would be fine since those are super cheap. Most PSOne RPGs are around a gigabyte if that are two discs, FF7-9 and Legend of Dragoon are exempt, they are all around 1.5gb in size. 

You can stick two 32gb HC MicroSD cards into that thing and be fine. If you're just playing PSOne Classics, 2x8gb MicroSD cards would be fine since those are super cheap. Most PSOne RPGs are around a gigabyte if that are two discs, FF7-9 and Legend of Dragoon are exempt, they are all around 1.5gb in size.

Dumb question, but do you recommend the Micro cards because the counterfeit market hasn't hit them as bad or something? I'm glad for the suggestion, but I have to ask.

I should add that most PSOne games for the PSN are anywhere from 100-400mb in size if they are NOT an RPG.

Dumb question, but do you recommend the Micro cards because the counterfeit market hasn't hit them as bad or something? I'm glad for the suggestion, but I have to ask.

No, I recommend them because it's easy to make the memory card the size you want. When I bought it, a 32gb PSP memory stick was like, $80.

Ok. You wouldn't happen to know of any authenticity guides for the Micro cards would you? I'll probably go down this route in order to make a larger data storage thingamajig.

Edit: I'll see if I can find these micro cards in stores rather than online.

Iggy, I thought Portrait of Ruin was more closely connected to Bloodlines. I know John Morris is one of the playable characters in that game (the other is Eric Lecarde, if anyone is curious), and with his son Jonathan being one of the protagonists in PoR, I thought there'd be some connection.

Come to think of it, doesn't Eric pop up in PoR in some way?

Oh, you're right.  That's right, it's just a connection that Nathan Graves is also a non-Belmont whip user.

Eric does, but he is also connected through the "supposed" boss.  I won't say due to spoilers, but...

The daughters of the count are Eric Lecarde's daughters, who were turned when Brauner killed their father and turned them, and they considered him their father until the truth is revealed, and Brauner is revealed as being manipulated.

Eric is a ghost known as "Wind" who grants you abilities when you complete certain missions for him.

Edited by ignasia7

THANK YOU.

Hey, I mentioned it too!

Ok. You wouldn't happen to know of any authenticity guides for the Micro cards would you? I'll probably go down this route in order to make a larger data storage thingamajig.

Edit: I'll see if I can find these micro cards in stores rather than online.

Are there guides for that sort of thing?

I usually go with the Kingston brand for flash memory. Buy at a store if you can. It'll be a little more, but there peace at mind it's not counterfeit. If you buy through amazon, be sure it's sold BY Amazon and not some third party seller. That's where they get you. It'll be cheaper, but if it's coming from China, be wary.

I found some authenticity guides, so I'm good to go on that. Now it's just a matter of when I'll go somewhere that sells electronics and memory cards and the like.

And... it's now on sale $2.99

And... it's now on sale $2.99
It sure is, but for whatever reason I (and quite a few others) can't log into the Playstation store in order to purchase the game.

If only the game would show up on my PSP when I searched for it, I would be good to go. But no, darn game only shows up on the Playstation store website and won't let me log in to purchase it! Darn you Sony, I want to give you my money and you won't let me!

Does searching it as one word make it show up?

That's so weird it doesn't show up. I wasn't able to get it to show up by a regular search when I tried the other day.