Sign in to follow this  
Glaceon Mage

DQ Character Opinions D22 - Red, Morrie, and Trode

Moving on!

Today we have the characters that only join in the 3DS release, and the guy who got turned into some sort of goblin by a clown with a wand. Thoughts on them?

Red - Eh.

Morrie - Hilarious.

Tried - My second favorite NPC character in the game (that's without counting his brief playable time in the Monster village).

I haven't played the 3ds version, so I haven't seen Red as a PC, but I thought she was rather irritatin' in the orignal PS2 release.  It seemed that Yangus' only failure was not getting that stupid Venus tear, and she was kinda ... well, not a nice person about it.

Morrie is loads of fun.  Morrie's Monstrous Pit! I especially like how he's all that and a bag of chips, and knows it, but he's always looking for someone to best him.  When he is bested, he is genuinely happy to see it.  He shows great character.  Plus, he's the only guy in the whole (DQ8) world who can revive fallen monsters.  He's like a miracle worker!

Oh Trode.  So oogly and odd.  If it weren't for that voice, he'd be one of my favorites. I loved the Gully where he can actually be controlled.  That was a nice touch.

Red - Eh.

Morrie - Hilarious.

Trode - My second favorite NPC character in the game (that's without counting his brief playable time in the Monster village).

This right here. Trode is just great.

• Upvote 1

Red: Didn't really like her at first, but she grew on me. I'm looking forward to finding out more about her in the 3ds version! 

Morrie: He's alright. A pretty funny character, though I doubt I'm going to use him much in the 3ds remake.

Trode: Best NPC in the series, period. One of my favourite Dragon Quest characters.

Red- I stopped playing the PS2 version at the treasure box boss, so besides the scene where she sends your crew to go through the dungeon, I haven't seen much of her.

Morrie- Met him once, too. He seemed strange.

Trode is funny, though his personality frequently annoys me. I like his voice though, it fits him perfectly :P

Red. I guess I liked her enough. But I don't remember to much about her. She was quite annoying at first, and later she grew on me. Just don't have to much to say. Maybe after I play the 3ds version I'll have more of an opinion.

Morrie. Really enjoyable character. I like him a lot. Curious to see how they will expand on his character in the 3ds version.

Trode is just amazing. Sure, he has his "annoying" moments, but those are usually just funny.

Red - nice character, solid looks

Morrie - this character beats them all. One of my favorite characters in series has great personality and really like his design. He should be hero in some dqviii spinoff.

Trode - annoying not much to say

Trode: Best NPC in the series, period. One of my favourite Dragon Quest characters.

Morrie is loads of fun. Morrie's Monstrous Pit! I especially like how he's all that and a bag of chips, and knows it, but he's always looking for someone to best him. When he is bested, he is genuinely happy to see it. He shows great character. Plus, he's the only guy in the whole (DQ8) world who can revive fallen monsters. He's like a miracle worker!

Red? Barely made an impact on me. Will use her on 3DS and see what's up.