So what's up with your signature?

Everyone's got something in their signature (or that little infobox below their avatar) that someone else has just noticed but doesn't want to ask about out of nowhere in a discussion. Here is where you can tell people what's in your signature and why.

Guess I'll start. So I don't remember why I picked that Hamlet quote. It was around the time we read Hamlet in school but we read an abridge of it and that wasn't in it. Maybe I thought it was nihilistic and edgy so I put it in. Haven't had the heart to remove it, since it's sort of always been there. I put that Tokyo Ghoul gif of Rize in there because I like the artistic style and it's the most stellar part of the OP.

The image in my signature is not a reference to DQ7 coming out "soon". Rather, I was playing the iOS version (in Japanese, of course) and thought the shopkeeper looked a little mischevious, if not downright creepy, in the shot. So, he got a SOON meme.

My 15 favorite games is one part. Why 15? Seemed like a good number at the time (that or I couldn't settle on 20).

The other part is my Saturn collection. I'm really, unbelievably lazy about updating it, so it's a bit inaccurate now.

Used to have a bit about haiku in there since I love them, but I haven't written one in a while, so I dropped it.

• Upvote 1

Mine is a nod to the character I've named myself after.  It's assumed I'm leading the reader to the DQ2 Golden Key, same as I always do. 

Next comes my DQ Collection ( or 90% of it, every pic I take I find I've missed something).

Finally, added for the month of October, and not yet removed, is a latin motto from Edgar Allan Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado".

For those unfamiliar with the story, it's about two rich men, one of whom, Montressor, whom serves as narrator, feels himself gravely insulted by the second

character, Fortunato.  Montressor lures Fortunato to his family mausoleum in his basement, where, supposedly, he has a collection of rare wines, but it's a

trap to chain him to a wall, into an alcove, where Montressor bricks him into the tomb, still alive.

The motto translates to "No one attacks me with impunity". 

It's also the motto of the Scottish Air force I believe.

My current signature is just random lyrics, some parody, some not.

1st one is a parody of Walk Like An Egyptian.

2nd one is a parody of The Kitty Cat Dance.

3rd is from the Heathcliff theme song.

4th is one of my Dragon Quest/Warrior parodies, goes to Karma Chameleon.

5th is from Anima Libera.

6th is from the Nirvana song Hairspray Queen.

Edited by Stepchan

It's a quote from Baron Blubba in Rocket Slime, when he hits enemy fire while being shot through the air from your tank.

I've thought to add more things to my signature, but never have.

Edited by gooieooie

Oh boy, let me try to break this down as best as I can:

Side bar: That interests part has been apart of my profile since I first joined. Just threw out what was on my mind at that point, and it still holds true since I'm fine tuning my stories and characters all the time.

As for my Favorite series part, that has been mostly consistent since I first joined. Added a few more last year. If I really thought about it I could add a few more, but the list I have is pretty accurate.

Tag State...Well, I'm from Iowa, so that's why it's my Tag State! Fun fact: I've lived in Iowa for most of my life except for 4 years when my parents and I lived in Minnesota. After dad passed away, we moved back to be close to family, and here I've stayed.

Now for my actual signature:

For my Member of Dragon's Den bar, I went with Tara and Cobi because it was thanks to their game(s) that I became a DQ fan. Technically I got my start with Monsters 1, but I have the most memories with Monsters 2, particularly Tara's version.

For my quote, it's one of Yangus's first lines from Heroes. I thought it was funny, so I threw it in.

Next is my "official" claim as the EO maniac of the Dragon's Den. Pretty overblown since I call myself a "maniac," but no one can deny my love for the Etrian series.

Now as for pictures...

-The first is from the cutscene of the hero meeting Yangus. It's my favorite line from the cutscene, plus it was a bonus that Yangus had his fist raised. Adds a little something extra.

-Gif 1, the Underpants Dance! I forget who originally had the picture, but I'm pretty sure it's a now non-active member who gave me the thumbs up to use the gif.

-The "Yangus Approved" picture I made. Back when we were having the meme contest, I was looking at the Young Yangus artwork and thought it would be funny to slap on the line "Yangus Approved." Figured it worked with the smile and thumbs up that Young Yangus has.

-Last is life action Yangus from the Japanese commercial of DQ8 3DS. Fates pointed this one out to me, and I had to add it to my signature.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

I did a quiz on this site. And put the picture as my signature becouse I am original like that.

• Upvote 1

I wanted a userbar because I am proud of my denizenship (Is that a word?), but I wanted something unique to me. Picked some of my favourite monsters. The dq9 avatar came from King Zenith and was my avatar for a while. I didn't want to just ditch it when I changed, and the slimes spelling out my name are graphics Zenith put up who knows how long ago that I forced to spell my name because I'm a vain, gaudy son of a....well, I'm not gonna insult my mum on the internet

I barely know what mine says.  I'll post and see.

So, it looks like my city is still pretty close.  And I'm showing off more awards than all of you.

Signature-wise... there are a lot more Quests going than that, I'm just to busy to edit... and that apparently I scored a copy of DQVIII a few months early, or made a typo.  I've had this list of games here for the better part of the last decade.  This place accounts for 99.9% of my online gaming activity, so it's easy enough just to keep it right there.

Then again, it's a cold day in Florida when I actually log on to a computer to see all this.  Tapatalk is responsible for almost half of those forum-leading posts you see there.

Edited by Plattym3

-Last is life action Yangus from the Japanese commercial of DQ8 3DS. Fates pointed this one out to me, and I had to add it to my signature.

Nice, I've been wondering about that since I first saw your signature. Just looked up the commercial too, not bad.

The big image is simple enough. I'm not a clever man.

the next image, I liked it so I stuck it in.

the goodybag well. I like Goodbags, for real and in Dragon Quest

For no one who cares, the games I am playing, and lastly my blog that keeps up with my Theatrhythm progress.

Golems have always been my favorite DQ monsters. In DQ8 you can recruit these three and their special name is My Three Golems. Just showing out with some golem love.

Lack of a signature is my signature.

• Upvote 1

I think I made this about three years or so ago. I wanted a place to snarkily chronicle all of the terrible puns made by SE. I like some of the puns they make, but others aren't so great, and they make WAY too many of them. Don't get me wrong, puns are what make Dragon Quest Dragon Quest. But they could do to tone it down some.

• 2 months later...

As of 1/18/2017, I have a pic I made on Break Your Own News as part of my signature.  It's getting a good reply so far!

My signature was from the party chat in DQVII. I loved the character and personality development in that game. The characters are characters, and party chat does a great job developing it. Some of the one liners got me to bust out laughing.

• 1 month later...

I am now officially the official Hunter x Hunter maniac of the Den.

Good, we need more maniacs around here. Soon we'll have all the bases covered.

I should probably add that my signature now houses the dead "Purchase Something 4 myself," joke. We had a good run...

(Proceeds to play sad piano music in its memory)

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLF3sECcU-eWxGE1gpsBI54Mu2SMu9qGJ0&v=3pK9wiF1zys]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

My signature is a picture of Orgodemir from DQ7 manga (I like this picture even though wings are wrong) and a picture from "Flash:Iron Heights" one-shot comics,which depicts part of one of my favest villains,Murmur before his crazy got to him and he cut out his own tongue and stitched mouth shut.And also there is a "sig pictures belong to their authors [and diffirent comics]" disclaimer I added after few misunderstandings^^'