DQ Character Opinions D20 - Orgodemir, Numen, and VII Hero

Moving on, and on time today!

Today we have brain worm-thing, a character with two "Dragon Quest" era names and we're using the superior Monsters one for the sake of distinguishing him from Zenus, and the hero who has a similar fashion sense to Link. Thoughts on them?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

God/The Almighty - Probably my favorite post game entity, and the only one I find to provide a decent challenge. Love his design and his dialogue (especially the PS1 translation). Also I dislike the name Numen if only because it reminds me too much of Newman from Seinfeld. The ambiguity of calling him The Almighty feels more fitting, but obviously that's just my opinion.

Orgodemir - My least favorite of the final bosses. I don't care how successful he was as a villain, I just don't like the guy at all.

7's Hero - Second favorite after 4's hero. Really like his design but have to question his friendship with Maribel.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Haven't met orgodemir yet in game, but I have seen him before. He has one of my favorite final boss designs in the series. And his name sounds like a death metal band name, so that is neat

Haven't met Numen yet either.

I like the hero so far. Looks a little derpy compared to the other heroes. But he is different, and I like him.

Edited by Emptilion

Wow, I've been slacking on these!

The Almighty: He's pretty cool as a post game boss! As a character though, he's... rather bland, though you DO only see the real him for a few seconds other than the battle.

Orgodemir: My favorite villain in the series. He even accomplished his goal, before the Hero used time travelling shenanigans!

VII Hero: My favorite Hero in the series! He doesn't look like an adventurer at all; which is why I love him so much! The PS1 art does this best; he's got TWO bags on, and he doesn't look like the type to be going on grand adventures. And yet, he still does so to restore the world! Also his quest is the most significant of all the Heroes in my opinion, since he's literally rebuilding the world. He's the best in my opinion!

I really love the hero of VII. It's so rare for those that are abused by their significant others to be represented in games, let alone a male one.

God's pretty cool too. Kind of wished his followers would chill a bit though.

• Upvote 1

I really love the hero of VII. It's so rare for those that are abused by their significant others to be represented in games, let alone a male one.

Here we go again...

Haven't met orgodemir yet in game, but I have seen him before. He has one of my favorite final boss designs in the series. And his name sounds like a death metal band name, so that is neat

Haven't met Numen yet either.

I like the hero so far. Looks a little derpy compared to the other heroes. But he is different, and I like him.

I'll agree with hero opinion.

Orgodemira - do you think he's bragging or he's really smart?

I like his style.

God - expected nothing special cliché design

Numen? The lumen can be thought of casually as a measure of the total "amount" of visible light in some defined beam or angle, or emitted from some source. The number of candelas or lumens from a source also depends on its spectrum, via the nominal response of the human eye as represented in the luminosity function. source:bikillpedia

Here we go again...

My sarcasm is an ongoing trend.

• Upvote 1

Numen is latin for "divine" fyi. Not a bad alternative. The Almighty works fine.

He's a little creepy but cool.

Orgodemir. Alright design. AWESOME villain though. Probably my second favorite.

Hero: my favorite. Cute design. Awesome backstory.

Orgo? I guess he was fine. Nice style and design. I remember him, which is a plus. Final bosses tend to me unremarkable to me, but he seemed omnipresent throughout much of the game.

God? He's awesome. Unless he's called Numen. That's horrible. God or Almighty, please.

Hero? Meh. Just Meh. I don't like the green design at all. Much better in the remake now that he can dress up. I'd like to do more monster classes with him, but I despise the green enough when in towns to not do so.

God? He's awesome. Unless he's called Numen. That's horrible. God or Almighty, please.

See, this is why you and me are twinsies.

• Upvote 1

Unless he's called Numen.

Hello, Jerry.
NEWMAN!

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_8YxDQYCo]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit