Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest VIII Trailer (North America)

We should retitle this topic to, "Voice Acting in games Discussion Thread....and a DQ 8 trailer."

To talk about the trailer, I'm surprised they didn't show off or bring up the new playable characters, maybe show off a little of their voice acting alongside the party. Perhaps we'll see a future trailer that specifically shows off Morrie and Red as "Meet the new recruits of Dragon Quest VIII!"

I imagine that would be the case. It seems like Nintendo's taking the same approach for advertising Dragon Quest VIII like with Dragon Quest VII. I hope Nintendo gets aggressive with advertising Dragon Quest VIII.

We should retitle this topic to, "Voice Acting in games Discussion Thread....and a DQ 8 trailer." :P

I'll get us rolling. How 'bout that Fates dub?

Uh oh, someone said the "F" word.

Ick, modern Fire Emblem.

Localize eshop FE6 NoA, it's a better thing than... that.

No, it's waifus and husbandos and out of place grown children from here on out.

Ick, modern Fire Emblem.

Localize eshop FE6 NoA, it's a better thing than... that.

If NoA does this, I will cream my pants.

They very clearly reused lines from everyone but Jessica it sounds like, I guess that means they were able to get every actor but hers to come back for the bonus content. 8 is my personal favorite in the series so I'm crazy excited for this, I might have to pick it up before 7 even.

Here's a new Twitter video from Nintendo of America regarding Dragon Quest VIII.

(Yes, I realise all of the footage is not new. But hey, the more publicity, the better.)

Edited by Dakhil

They picked a bad week to post something on Twitter.

I agree about the arena announcer and High Priest Rolo being subpar voice actors, as well as some of the minor characters. And I loved Morrie's voice actor. I thought it really fit the character and was consistent throughout the game, even crescendoing as you progress in his Monstrous Pit and he gets more excited. One thing I thought would've been funny was the Morrie-O sister at the base of the stairs as you enter the Pit, Murrie, I think, had some lines that made me imagine her speaking in a brusque, kinda deep for a woman New York or Jersey accent. COS SHE KNOWS THE BASICS! Also, I hope that Prince Charmless' voice actor remains the same. I thought he did a great job of making me hate that stuck up punk while keeping the character entertaining. Hey, an idea just occurred to me that's certain to stir some lively debate. If this has been discussed elsewhere I apologize in advance. How do y'all imagine Maribel's voice sounding? I hear her sounding firm, maybe a bit shrill and nasal, but plenty of lung behind it.

Her JP actor in Heroes 2 does a great job with what I expect. I, like, totally expected her to, like, sound like that typical prissy girl archtype, ya know?