Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Release date - January 20th

Damn. I gotta get my crap together and finish DQ VII on the 3DS.

Based on the rate I've been playing, that wont happen...

I'll just stop sleeping, I suppose....

• Upvote 1

I'm not buying a new system anytime soon, but I'm glad DQ is getting the releases and respect it deserves.

DQ8 3DS is going to be so much better than mobile...

I thought nothing was better than mobile.... :P

Matt hates DQ8 on mobile for some reason. Claims the camera controls are terrible, but they work fine for me. The only reason I stopped playing is because I'm way underleveled for the Savella region, and grinding in DQ8 is so monotonous. I'm so thankful for the 3DS version's double speed feature in battle. This will be the version I finish, I think.

For me the camera just... I dunno.

It's a combination of two things.

1. Size. My devices wouldn't let me install it to the SD card (( Same for other SE titles, most of which I get to play and then uninstall.. ))

2. Camera. Seriously. I can handle it for DQ4-6, 3DS style. But... DQ8 broke me :(

Matt hates DQ8 on mobile for some reason. Claims the camera controls are terrible, but they work fine for me. The only reason I stopped playing is because I'm way underleveled for the Savella region, and grinding in DQ8 is so monotonous. I'm so thankful for the 3DS version's double speed feature in battle. This will be the version I finish, I think.

One thing I've noticed about cutting down the skill list, and streamlining it...DQ8 took it a touch too far imo.  They really could have offered a few more interesting techniques, or heck, expanded them with more combinations like hitting 50 in Courage and getting to Falcon Slash unlocks Sword Dance.  Oh well...

DQ7 took things too far in the opposite direction, but at least there are interesting alternatives.

Edited by ignasia7

For me the camera just... I dunno.

It's a combination of two things.

1. Size. My devices wouldn't let me install it to the SD card (( Same for other SE titles, most of which I get to play and then uninstall.. ))

2. Camera. Seriously. I can handle it for DQ4-6, 3DS style. But... DQ8 broke me :(

You know you're not just limited to the bar at the bottom for camera control, right? Swipe anywhere on the top half of the screen to move the camera.