DQ 30th Program to air on NHK Dec 29 - Cover DQXI at development site

Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Special Program to air on NHK on December 29

NHK General TV will broadcast a Dragon Quest special program on December 29 at 22:00 JST in celebration of the series’ 30th anniversary, the broadcasting organization announced. 

The broadcast will unravel the appeal of the 30 year-old series through episodes featuring series creator Yuji Horii and composer Koichi Sugiyama. It will be narrated by Takayuki Yamada, who will also interview Horii. Additionally, it will feature exclusive coverage at the development site of Dragon Quest XI, the latest entry in the series.

At the official page for the broadcast, NHK is currently accepting questions for Horii to be asked during the interview.

BOOM.
Edited by NidoTower
  • Upvote 2

I would gladly buy English versions of Dragon Quest XI for 3DS, NX (I mean Nintendo Switch) and PS4.

Being broadcast on NHK in Japan is a big deal. In the U.S. that is the equivalent of being on ABC, NBC and CBS together.

I am so excited about this. This game has been on my mind for so long now. I have revisited that video of the unreal 4 version so many times now. To finally get new information is almost surreal to me at this point.

ISnagfa.jpg

Dragon Quest XI Will Share Its Latest On December 29 During A Series 30th Anniversary Program

Square Enix is hosting a special Dragon Quest program on NHK, where they’ll celebrate the series’ 30th anniversary. We’ll also get to see the latest on Dragon Quest XI in the program.

The show takes  place on December 29, 2016 at 10:00pm JST, where we’ll see a guest appearance from series creator Yuji Horii, along with series composer Koichi Sugiyama, and other staff members.

During the program, they’ll take us to to the development studio to show us the latest on the upcoming PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Nintendo 3DS title, Dragon Quest XI. Japanese actor and singer Takayuki Yamada, who is known for being a big video game enthusiast, will also make an appearance in the show.

Dragon Quest XI is in development for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Nintendo 3DS.
Edited by NidoTower