Sign in to follow this  
Moon

few questions

i finally got around to playing this (dq7 is eating a lot of my time) and im having a issue running the offline version, my question are... 1) do i still have to use a vpn? 2) can anyone point me to a free one if its needed? thanks in advance.

update.

i installed and connected to a vpn and when i ran it i got this.

https://snag.gy/o48eMC.jpg

now, im going to attempt to fix this by running without the english patched files.

thats what i was using. i tried tunnel bear with no luck. this is really bringing me down.

Just press enter on those. I believe, they're just general things about playing a MMO.

As a note, you may want to check the stickied posts. There are a lot of answers to common questions in them including the ones you've asked initially.

https://snag.gy/wue3kW.jpg

https://snag.gy/TP9csm.jpg

now, if i could could figure out what this says i may be able to play.

I don't think you're launching the offline mode, this is saying you don't have any characters to play online i think.

Edit: Correction i believe it's saying your guest account doesn't have access to play online, you need to activate the trial in the launcher. Follow the steps in this video and you should be good to go.

Edited by マール

THANKS GUYS! i got in, lvled and got wiped by a hammering hood. last few thing ,is here a way to use kanji in naming? secondly, i spent 30 mins trying to translate moon into japanese. i got tsuki, which also means month... any suggestions? (still learning hiragana chart/ beginning the process of learning japanese)

THANKS GUYS! i got in, lvled and got wiped by a hammering hood. last few thing ,is here a way to use kanji in naming? secondly, i spent 30 mins trying to translate moon into japanese. i got tsuki, which also means month... any suggestions? (still learning hiragana chart/ beginning the process of learning japanese)

My personal recommendation would be to go with 'Moon' in katakana, which is written 'Mu-n' (ムーン). 

well then, if i can manage to figure out what happend to cause it to now run again and actually manage to get online, expect to see a orge named as such. i'm fully willing to rebuy the windows version but im hesitent as there is a slim possibility that we may actually get this in english, if so ill most likely get it on a console. though i do wish i could just use the wii version i baught when 2.0 came out...

edit, the ー symbol cant be used it seems so my names ムン see you online!

Edited by Moon

well then, if i can manage to figure out what happend to cause it to now run again and actually manage to get online, expect to see a orge named as such. i'm fully willing to rebuy the windows version but im hesitent as there is a slim possibility that we may actually get this in english, if so ill most likely get it on a console. though i do wish i could just use the wii version i baught when 2.0 came out...

edit, the ー symbol cant be used it seems so my names ムン see you online!

Hmm...that's odd.  I know Cran's name has a ー in it (クランベリー)., so I wonder what went wrong for you?

alright, im in and im a ogre, im lost as i can't seem to find a english guide to point me to what to be done... would really like to atleast be able to ask someone whats what... i enjoyed this so far but being completely clueless is such a turnoff for a rpg... i really was getting into this story.

Edited by Moon

alright, im in and im a ogre, im lost as i can't seem to find a english guide to point me to what to be done... would really like to atleast be able to ask someone whats what... i enjoyed this so far but being completely clueless is such a turnoff for a rpg... i really was getting into this story.

For the story, Google Translate this page and follow the steps for the section you're on. (Ogre) You can also view your active quest ingame and hit M to show the destination on the map, but that doesn't always work.

This page covers a bunch of the  important quests, like unlocking storage,  expanding your inventory, class changing, etc.

This page covers class unlock quests, as well as the class specific quests at 30, 35, 40,  45 and 50.

Here's another quest resource , if you have the quest number ( 001~250 ) CTRL + F and type it in to be taken to the quest details. Use the links at the top to be taken to the next 50 quests.

Here's a monster database , If you're looking for a specific monster for a quest, it's on here. Here's another one too.

This is a skill simulator.

Don't forget to join the team, so you can ask questions ingame. :thumbsup:

Before I start, I would like to say, Hi!  After watching several lets play videos by cranberry, project ceo, and saigancat, I have come to show a growing interest in this MMO.  I feel that Square-Enix gives this game as much or almost as much love as FFXIV and that's good.  I think what draws me to it is that it seems to have more of the old fashion MMO style to it while still feeling very much like a dragon quest game.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm enjoying FFXIV.  The story is neat.  It has a great patch cycle.  And the game is pact full of content.  It's a good MMO.  However, I feel like establishing bonds with people is unneeded, due to the fact that one can pug 95% of the content (savage mode raids being the exception).  I really am kind of looking for something that encourages you to actually talk to people and make friends.  This probably comes from me being an MMO player from the days of Ultima, EQ, and Asherons call.

Anyway, before I commit, I really just want to give the trial a go.  My hold up is the VPN thing.  I'm paranoid about security.  So I don't want to pay for one unless I know the company is reputable.  I also don't want to use one of the free ones like VPN Gate because I don't want strangers having access to me like that.  It just sounds like a security risk.  So can anyone help me out with this by both clarifying if I'm getting the VPN security concept wrong and just recomending a good VPN provider to use.  This would help out greatly.  Thanks and nice to meet everyone.

Before I start, I would like to say, Hi!  After watching several lets play videos by cranberry, project ceo, and saigancat, I have come to show a growing interest in this MMO.  I feel that Square-Enix gives this game as much or almost as much love as FFXIV and that's good.  I think what draws me to it is that it seems to have more of the old fashion MMO style to it while still feeling very much like a dragon quest game.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm enjoying FFXIV.  The story is neat.  It has a great patch cycle.  And the game is pact full of content.  It's a good MMO.  However, I feel like establishing bonds with people is unneeded, due to the fact that one can pug 95% of the content (savage mode raids being the exception).  I really am kind of looking for something that encourages you to actually talk to people and make friends.  This probably comes from me being an MMO player from the days of Ultima, EQ, and Asherons call.

Anyway, before I commit, I really just want to give the trial a go.  My hold up is the VPN thing.  I'm paranoid about security.  So I don't want to pay for one unless I know the company is reputable.  I also don't want to use one of the free ones like VPN Gate because I don't want strangers having access to me like that.  It just sounds like a security risk.  So can anyone help me out with this by both clarifying if I'm getting the VPN security concept wrong and just recomending a good VPN provider to use.  This would help out greatly.  Thanks and nice to meet everyone.

I've been using VPN Gate for years without issues across multiple games, that said I can understand being paranoid, why not check out the Amazon one? I haven't used this one myself but I saw it here on the den and Amazon should be a trustworthy company, plus they have a free trial. 

Thanks.  I'll give that a try.  I had no idea amazon had their own vpn service.  My wife and i use amazon for everything so i can totally feel comfortable giving them my money.