Has anyone tried to play the Chinese version yet?

I can't seem to make an account on Shanda Games and plus logging into the Chinese version of DQX seems a little more complex now that it has another way of logging in through some sort of app like a QQ code. Also, I am still on the fence of just getting the Japanese version of this game but I am having trouble with Amazon Japan so I might just have to opt out from the JP Square Enix store.

I didn't even realize the Chinese one had been released yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe the beta is out, not the full game. Early access subscriptions sold out in 24 hours according to @ZhugeEX on Twitter. https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/791802156655452161

Does this mean the full game is already translated? I have no idea how translations and localizations work. I could try using Google to answer for me but my best bet is to go to you guys first. 

Hmm... The Chinese version might be worth looking into to user as a base for an English translation patch. We had some technical difficulties in the Japanese version even for offline mode. There was some text that was translated, but if we inserted it into the game the battle system would bug out and it would be in impossible to fight.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Hmm... The Chinese version might be worth looking into to user as a base for an English translation patch. We had some technical difficulties in the Japanese version even for offline mode. There was some text that was translated, but if we inserted it into the game the battle system would bug out and it would be in impossible to fight.

I like stuff like this, how did it bug out exactly when you tried the insert?

• 2 weeks later...

It was impossible to target spells or attacks on any enemy our ally whose name had been changed. It always acted as if the target was too far away.

It would be cool to see if someone can insert translated Chinese text into the online portion of the game.

If someone could retool the dialogue output program we have now to work with the Chinese version most of the story would effectively be translated. It still wouldn't be perfect English but it'd be way easier to parse than the Japanese to English translation.

Google translate gives me readable results, not 100% perfect but the grammatical structure of Chinese isn't so different from English that it sounds like a garbled mess.

I've tried google and some others with Wuxia novels and they were unreadable. I am fluent in Japanese reading and while I understand the grammar differences, I find machine translations for both intolerable. Just my own opinion.

Well with a video game you get context, you can see what's going on and hear the music and sound effects and can easily see who is doing the talking. If you're just trying to read text though then yeah machine translation isn't going to cut it.

As of yet, we have no way to insert text into the online portion of either version. Tim was having technical issues with inserting English text to the Japanese version, and as far as I know, nobody has attempted with the Chinese version yet.

Nah, the goal is to have an in-game translation. That's great until we reach that point, but my hope is that eventually Tim will have time to return to the DQX project. I was having a blast with that translation.