Sign in to follow this  
Glaceon Mage

DQ Character Opinions D11 - Sancho, Tuppence, and Saber

More DQ5 today, and more minor chacters

Today we have Sancho, the dutiful and kinda chubby retainer, Tuppence, the king of easily missed recruits, and Saber, Bianca's kitty.

Thoughts on them?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Tuppence - Don't like him at all.

Saber - The trusty sidekick and childhood friend. I'm glad he can be recruited again in Generation 2.

Sancho - The unsung hero of DQ5, at least in my opinion. I used him in my second run quite a bit since I forbid the use of monsters (besides Saber and Dwight since they are a special recruits) and stuck to humans only, so when Gen. 3 rolled around I found myself using the kids and Sancho most of the time. Sancho's skill set is all about support, and I found it to be useful for the journey. Plus he can equip the Hela Hammer, which made him a solid attacker too.

Outside of battle, I love his personality. The loyal follower of Pankraz (and later his son and grandchildren) has a real soft spot, and it was kind of funny how he would tear up so easily. He's definitely a good friend to the royalty of Gotha, and a well meaning companion.

Sancho- Possibly my least favorite party member in all of DQ. I don't know what it is, but something about him just doesn't gel with me. Doesn't help that he always lags behind in usefulness.

Tuppence- He's a good guy, though lacks real personality. Doesn't have any particular skills, but I tend to recruit him anyway.

Saber- Best goddamn sabrecat around. Strong and fast, he tends to do well in battle. Beyond that, he's loyal as hell, and I always try to take him with me.

Tuppence - first thing i donlt like about him is that stupid name. In general he's just good random kid who wants to be knight cliché.

Sancho - imo sometimes reminds me of some horror film character. His kindness is sometimes seen as facade to his real hidden motives.😉

Saber - nice name and nice big cat.

Her only flaw is that later in game she's surpassed by other better monsters although i like her a lot.

Oh, man. Tuppence must be forgettable if I'm totally drawing a blank on this guy.

Sancho is a bit of a stereotype but whatever. It's also weird that people hated the accents in IV but for some reason they were okay with his in V.

Saber is cool, I guess. I like that they had that little story where they reunite with one another after they both grew up.

Don't care about anybody here except for Saber. Big fan of sabrecats, some of my favorite monsters in dragon quest. Saber gets major points for that. And he is just a loyal companion. Really like him.

Tuppence - Love him!  I mean, I have a terrible tendency to get attached to minor characters, plus I've warped his character in my head to the point where he's basically my OC, but he's got a lot of potential as a character.  Too bad he sucks in-battle...

Sancho - Not one of my favorites, but I think he serves his purpose.  I like to think of him as my hero's adoptive dad after *spoiler*

Saber - Best girl 10/10...wait, this is Dragon Quest?  :tounge2:

• Upvote 1

Tuppence - Love him! I mean, I have a terrible tendency to get attached to minor characters, plus I've warped his character in my head to the point where he's basically my OC, but he's got a lot of potential as a character. Too bad he sucks in-battle...

Sancho - Not one of my favorites, but I think he serves his purpose. I like to think of him as my hero's adoptive dad after *spoiler*

Saber - Best girl 10/10...wait, this is Dragon Quest? :tounge2:

I knew we would find some gem who likes Tuppence!😃

• Upvote 2

I like Pipin, too. :)

With his DS design, not a fan of the old design, where he looked like an old veteran soldier, instead of a young recruit. And he gets good strength stats. He can be a great damage dealer.

I like Sancho! He's really kind, and always seems to have your family in mind, be it Pankraz, you, your bride, or your children.

Tuppence... um, I actually have no idea who this is. I saw him available for hire in the bar in DQ5... is that it?

Saber is great, I'm glad he shows up again. :)

I like Sancho! He's really kind, and always seems to have your family in mind, be it Pankraz, you, your bride, or your children.

Tuppence... um, I actually have no idea who this is. I saw him available for hire in the bar in DQ5... is that it?

Saber is great, I'm glad he shows up again. :)

He's the Gotha Innkeeper's kid if I remember right. You can meet him during Chapter 2 as a small child, and recruit him as an adult in Chapter 3.

He didn't have a unique sprite in the original version though.

Tuppence - Don't like him at all.

Saber - The trusty sidekick and childhood friend. I'm glad he can be recruited again in Generation 2.

These 2.

Sancho - not even a blip on my radar. I have to be reminded of who he is each time I hear about him.

Still waiting for someone to get my Fate reference...

Still waiting for someone to get my Fate reference...

I got it since I have read some of Fate, but didn't comment.