Chronological order of the Dragon Quest games (on geological basis)

On 10/25/2016 at 6:48 PM, ignasia said:

So...

6 -> 3 -> 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 5 -> 9

I find these kind of conversations fascinating if nothing more than the fact that there's no real answer and a lot of great ideas from true fans laying out their point of view.

That said, with the release of DQ11 most people agree it takes place before DQ3, but do you think it's before DQ6 as well?

Speaking of, what places DQ6 before DQ3 in your opinion, as opposed to between DQ2 and DQ4?

It ain't Necrosaro, it's necropost :P

I'm a fervent defender of the multi-timeline theory (DQXI splitting into, at least, three different timelines), one of them leading to the Erdrick saga and the other to the Zenith saga. 

The reason why I would personally put VI before III, in a linear timeline, would be because of the Abel Yushaa animé. 

Abel Yushaa is a retelling of DQIII. Like an alternative III, sharing a lots of common elements, but also some huge differences, like characters not being the same, a different world topography and geography among other things. 

Abel Yushaa also features characters from DQIV, Mina and Maya, who are, in this story, native to this world. These aren't world travelers a la DQ Heroes, no. Mina and Maya are set in this world as alternative selves of the DQIV story. 

And for this to be possible, their father and mother (biological ones) must have conceived them, and their lineage has to be the same as it is in IV, and therefore VI too. 

So, in a multiple timeline theory, three branches from XI and lead to the Zenith, Erdrick and a thrid one where Abel Yushaa takes place, and both III, AY and IV takes place at the same time, for these similar characters and events to coexist simultaneously. 

And since VI takes place before IV, then from a linear point of view, VI must also takes place before III (even tho I do not believe for one seconde that a DQVI story happened in the past of III). Savvy? 😌

The series didn’t start until DQ8. That’s when the world was graced with the greatest DQ character. I am, of course, referring to Prince Charmles.

Where do the other games fall in timeline wise? (Shrugs shoulders)

• Like 1
On 1/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The series didn’t start until DQ8. That’s when the world was graced with the greatest DQ character. I am, of course, referring to Prince Charmles.

Where do the other games fall in timeline wise? (Shrugs shoulders)

Sakurai should've put Prince Charmles into Smash brothers instead of Hero. Would have represented the series a lot better.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Sakurai should've put Prince Charmles into Smash brothers instead of Hero. Would have represented the series a lot better.

Yes! His final smash would have been great.