Sign in to follow this  
mikeprichard

How to contact DQVIII (8) 3DS Square Enix development team directly?

I've been trying to send the below message (yes, it's insanely OCD, but that's how I roll) to the Square Enix development team for the upcoming North American DQVIII (8) 3DS re-release, but as I wasn't able to find any contact information (e.g. email address/web form) to reach the team directly, I sent it via the Dragon Quest VIII PS2 support page (the closest thing I could turn up - https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=430&la=1). A few days later, I received an extremely unhelpful auto-response along the lines of "we have no access to the information you requested, but why don't you discuss this on a player forum?" Since my below message can only be answered by the team actually working on the game, that suggestion is completely useless. So, can anyone point me to a reliable way to actually contact (and ideally, get a response from) the Dragon Quest VIII NA 3DS team directly? Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Square Enix,

As a huge fan of Dragon Quest VIII (8), I'm very excited for the North American 3DS version due for release next year. However, since I'm also extremely obsessive-compulsive ;), I noted that in the PS2 version of the game, the "Zoom" spell would not teleport you to all of the "friendly" locations marked with a blue dot on the world map, while conversely, a couple such locations that you could Zoom to did not have corresponding blue markers. I'd therefore greatly appreciate it if you could respond to confirm whether the below specific locations will be "fixed" accordingly in the NA 3DS version. Thanks very much for your time!

1) Locations with blue world map marker, but no corresponding "Zoom" menu entry:

a) West Trodain Church

b) Chapel of Autumn

2) Locations with "Zoom" menu entry, but no corresponding blue world map marker:

a) Hilltop Hut

b) Mystical Spring

Edited by mikey

Glaceon Mage - thanks for the quick reply, but although I do realize it's an extremely minor issue, fans can't helpfully respond to this - only the team developing the game could answer my question.

I mean, if you just want to know about changes to icons on the world map for a port already out in Japan, I'm pretty sure there's a couple importers on here who can tell you.

Yeah, it would be good to know first whether the Japan 3DS version made any of these changes compared to the original PS2 version - good idea. Can anyone who's played it confirm?

Edited by mikey

Sooo - my nihongo is pretty darn pitiful these days, but I'm trying to find a list of Zoom spell destinations on this Japanese DQ8 3DS site: http://dq8.org/. Can anyone point me to the specific page there that lists the destinations so I can compare them to the ones in the PS2 version? Failing that, if anyone knows a way I can confirm my original questions above through an English walkthrough and/or FAQ for DQ8 3DS that clearly shows all 3DS Zoom destinations and their PS2 English equivalents, I'd be obliged.

Edited by mikey