The Alliance Alive - sequel/follow up to The Legend of Legacy?

FuRyu recently announced this, and it certainly looks and sounds like it could be TLoL related.

I enjoyed it (and the leveling system, but I'm a SaGa fan), so hopefully this one sees localization next year thanks to Atlus.

Teaser site available too, though not much shown until the 20th aside from some world map footage, which looks more fleshed out than TLoL.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/14/furyu-announces-3ds-rpg-alliance-alive-looks-like-legend-legacy-follow/

http://alliance-alive.jp/

I know you'll read this Platty, since you had such a stellar time with TLoL! XD

Definitely in the same vein, just with an actual world map and more of a focus point on the story, hopefully, though I liked TLoL for what it was.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/18/alliance-alive-details-nine-protagonist-world-battle-system/

The Alliance Alive is being made as a "New Classic RPG" an RPG developed using the latest technology. It takes place in a world where those with magical powers have ruled the world for several hundred years. The world itself is split into several zones, with each one having their own cultures, and a story about humans who fight against the control of magic beings.

Players will take control of the protagonist and travel across the field map, with battles starting from symbol encounters. There's a total of 9 main characters, each with their own objectives, before they connect for a common cause.

Here's more on the nine:

Garil: A young man who belongs to the "Night Crow" resistance group. He has a gentle personality, but is passionate with a strong core.

Ursula: A blonde-haired girl who is part of Night Crow. She has a fresh personality but doesn't talk much about her intentions. You'll catch her ordering around Garil.

Barbarosa: A magic soldier of the Night Crows. Her life was once saved by Ursula's father, to whom she swore loyalty.

Vivan: A daughter of a noble magic family. She has a calm personality and is a historian with an interest in the human world.

Ignus: Serves Vivian as the magic family's butler. He respects rule and rank, with a personality that sort of suits demons.

Rachel: A mercenary hired by a guild of mages. Rachel is a warmhearted girl who acts the moment something comes to mind.

Renzo: A young man of the Night Crow. He's a good source of information, has an optimistic personality, and is able to judge things calmly.

Jean: A mage of the anti-demon guild of magic. He's observant, and doesn't act on impulse.

Diggy: A girl who researches the Black Flow. She invents all kinds of things, and claims to be a professor.

Here are some highlights from an interview in Famitsu:

The Alliance Alive comes from the result of research on the demand around the world, something that only they could do, an RPG with a balance in both story and gameplay.

They wanted to make a world with a sense of variety, making it fun to simply walk around.

There was a focus in going with a world map, something a bit daring these days. They wanted to make a world map that is similar to the ones we've seen in the past, where you picture the map in your head as you travel.

Encounter rate and the distance between towns and dungeons are some of the adjustments that are being made to make things as stress-free possible for the players.

There will be vehicles that expand your field of activities.

A reason for having nine protagonists is because they want players to be able to find favorites for themselves.

Great swords, spears, and other weapons will be customizable.
There's a battle feature called "Awakening" that lets you learn new abilities and get stat increases.
Stronger enemies increase growth rate more, and there's also another element that further increases growth rates.
Parties consist of up to five members. There's also a "Guild" system for powering up your party.

Producer/Director: Masataka Matsuura

Scenario Writer: Yoshitaka Murayama

Game Designer: Kyoji Koizumi

Art Director: Masayo Asano

Composer: Masashi Hamauzu

Character Designer: Ryo Hirao

Developer: Cattle Call

I know you'll read this Platty, since you had such a stellar time with TLoL! XD

I was planning my reply just from reading the topic title.

You know, up until the last boss I gave the game a good 8/10. I liked it. I really did. Then I got to the end. It's literally the only game other than Mike Tyson's Punchout that I've reached the final boss and know I have zero hope of beating him.

I mean, I can read all over how to do it. But just knowing that I could grind for 5 hours and due to new spells and abilities randomly being learned, I might never get what I want/need. Never.

I've calmed in the year since I quit. I liked the premise, but maybe a more linear way to get skills. The stats going up randomly I didn't mind.

Well that wasn't the response I thought Platty would have.

I mean, it's no FFXIII.

Fixed that for you.

I mean, it's no FFXII.

That's true. The Almighty only knows what would happen if it was.

I mean, it's no FFXII.
That's true. The Almighty only knows what would happen if it was.
I could let it run and play itself until the RNG wins and I get the 1 skill I want. Hmmm...
  • 10 months later...

Hopefully they've learned their lessons from Legend of Legacy. At least they have the Suikoden writer dude, maybe he'll spruce the story up. Multiple characters are always a good thing, I just hope that they are decently fleshed out.

Hopefully they've learned their lessons from Legend of Legacy. At least they have the Suikoden writer dude, maybe he'll spruce the story up. Multiple characters are always a good thing, I just hope that they are decently fleshed out.

You want overweight characters?

I like diversity in my rpgs. Give me beer bellies!

Love the hero from Dragon Fantasy!

Love the hero from Dragon Fantasy!

More games could do with some overweight characters that aren't monsterously fat.

From what I've read, there's more of an actual story, and the characters are fleshed out.

Though I enjoyed TLoL, the player was more the character in that, just exploring the island.

Battle system is similar with random stat gains and awakening skills, but as far as I'm aware no need to spam Contracts.

It's still in essence a SaGa game, which I personally like.

Though not sure if it's easier to spark skills.

• 6 months later...

I just got this game this week, and thought I'd revive the topic to clarify a few things for folks here:

1) With battle wins come Talent Points that, when you grind for enough of them, allow you to buy perks such as increased rates for awakening new skills, and decreased SP costs for skills you have.  So far I'm earning a pittance for money and Talent points in battle, but I expect that to change somewhere around the 10 hour mark. So far I'm only 5-6 hours in.

2) The game comes in chapters with different parties, a la DQ4, with the whole party coming together later in the game, from what I see so far.  You starts with a small party of humans, now I'm playing as a pair of oddball Daemons.

3) Enemy symbols are easier to avoid or ambush in this game as opposed to Legend of Legacy, which makes chaining battles easier.  Chaining battles occurs when you have multiple encounter symbols in a short range when one contacts you.

My anger towards Legend of Legacy's final boss is starting to blind me so much that I'm considering this game for my backpile. Still need to play the two Dragon Quest Monsters fan translations first, but I want revenge for  what happened in LoL!

I'll master the random skill system or die trying!

My anger towards Legend of Legacy's final boss is starting to blind me so much that I'm considering this game for my backpile. Still need to play the two Dragon Quest Monsters fan translations first, but I want revenge for  what happened in LoL!
Maybe those Talent Points will help you enough to make it worthwhile.
5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
16 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maybe those Talent Points will help you enough to make it worthwhile.

Only if they guarantee I can kill the final boss. Got all the way to him and lost to the 2nd form. Ugh.

Nearly 10 hours in, and the challenge has slightly improved, now that I have a party of 5 characters. I  usually fight 5-on-4, and feel like there's a little bit of peril now, as opposed to simply wiping the floor with 1-2 weak scrubs per battle, when I had parties of 2 or 3.  Getting very close to having all the ensemble together, I think.

Wait a minute, this game has a 5 character party system for battles?

Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in the game now.

• 5 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 11:00 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Wait a minute, this game has a 5 character party system for battles?

Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in the game now.

Hey, look what the dog dug up! 

I'd love to get back into this game alongside ya, swap notes on things.  I can slip between this and DQ11 pretty easily I think.  Especially since I've got a busy week this time, and the PS4 may be unavailable to me for long stretches.  You in?

• Like 1