Sign in to follow this  
benhaskett

Am I missing something? (Spoilers if you're not in Ch 2 yet)

OK, I'm absolutely loving this game, but I feel like I'm missing important information sometimes.  Twice now, I've progressed only because I looked it up online.

1.  In chapter 2, you have to make a watering hole.  It gives you clear instructions for how to do it, but they're way more strict than they let on.  It was, I believe, that you need a stool, a washtub, 10 units of water, 2 pots, a chest, and a light source.  All of the other buildings without blueprints thus far have been super open--in other words, so long as you meet the criteria, it can look however you want.  So I made the building however I wanted.  And it didn't register.  I moved things around, put this here and that there, still with no luck.  Eventually, with help from guides, it was revealed that the entire building must be directly over sea level, and that the water in the room has to be in the center.  I had my 10 units of water against the back wall, and it was built two units above water level, so a set of stairs led to the pool.  Anyone else run into difficulty with this?

2.   At the end of chapter 1, it reveals one of the challenges to be building the Cantlin Garden, but unless I missed something, it doesn't state what that is or how to go about building it anywhere at all in the game.  I had to look it up online, but did anyone become privy to that information?

Thanks in advance for any insight.  Again, I'm loving the game, but these two parts have had me hitting my head against a wall.

Ben

I couldn't figure out the garden in the Japanese version, but I did in this one.

Find the Hammerhood with the unfinished garden, northwest in the first portal area. You have to make a shovel first, and then dig up flowers, grasses, etc to match the Hammerhood's garden that is already finished.

Here is where I continued planting items for it, you can back up from there if you need to find it. https://youtu.be/sD-ogcM996M?t=5997

Edited by Woodus

I think the 10 waterspaces also have to be two blocks high.

OK, I'm absolutely loving this game, but I feel like I'm missing important information sometimes.  Twice now, I've progressed only because I looked it up online.

1.  In chapter 2, you have to make a watering hole.  It gives you clear instructions for how to do it, but they're way more strict than they let on.  It was, I believe, that you need a stool, a washtub, 10 units of water, 2 pots, a chest, and a light source.  All of the other buildings without blueprints thus far have been super open--in other words, so long as you meet the criteria, it can look however you want.  So I made the building however I wanted.  And it didn't register.  I moved things around, put this here and that there, still with no luck.  Eventually, with help from guides, it was revealed that the entire building must be directly over sea level, and that the water in the room has to be in the center.  I had my 10 units of water against the back wall, and it was built two units above water level, so a set of stairs led to the pool.  Anyone else run into difficulty with this?

2.   At the end of chapter 1, it reveals one of the challenges to be building the Cantlin Garden, but unless I missed something, it doesn't state what that is or how to go about building it anywhere at all in the game.  I had to look it up online, but did anyone become privy to that information?

Thanks in advance for any insight.  Again, I'm loving the game, but these two parts have had me hitting my head against a wall.

Ben

1. It is tricky on how the room mechanics work. But to sum it all up, you can't have items placed more then 2 blocks up or down compared to your wall for it to count. I had the same problem with this, but it turned out that my water was down too far. So I had to end up digging a "hole" for the entire room for me to get credit. If you remember earlier in chapter 1, they mention that items have to be placed in 2 block layers in order for it to count. So place the ENTIRE room (which means the walls) into a hole for it to pick up.

2. I am not 100% sure, but I remember one of the NPCs talk about wanting a garden later in the chapter. They were not really specific about it, but I imagine placing some flowers and trees in a room will count for it. If I find out how to do this I will try to post later on it.

Twinkie, for what it's worth, I did figure both out, but I had to look them up online.  I thought the trickiest thing about the garden was that it had to have a tree as part of it.  I couldn't get a planted tree to grow anywhere except my base, and though I channeled water to my base, it was too low underground.  I had to go off-base, to the south a little bit, where there was a pond and tree.  I walled the area off (plus a door and light source, of course), placed some plants, and that's what did it.  I just wonder how anyone knew to do that...

The rule about things needing to be within two squares of each other... that makes sense and I understand that now.  I think my water was a square below the main level, and a one-block-high staircase led to the door, which would make it three blocks total height, thus why the room didn't register...  Thanks for clearing that up!

• Upvote 1