Ignasia's DQ VII Data Dump Thread

Hacksaurus matches its DQ6 chart exactly.  It definitely seems like each version borrows from a version from another DQ if the monster is present in another DQ.

Hacksaurus

Frizz: 1
Sizz: 2
Bang: 2
Crack: 0
Woosh: 3
Zap: 0
Death: 3
Poof: 3
Dazzle: 2
Sleep: 3
Drain MP: 3
Fizzle: 3
Fuddle: 2
Sap: 1
Poison: 1
Stop: 2
Seal: 3
Fire: 2
Ice: 0
Strike: 0
Paralysis: 3
Summon: 1

Edited by ignasia7
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was too easy.

Maybe I'm intruding on something personal, but I can honestly say I appreciate both of you guys. Yangus, I can always get a chuckle out of you, and our mutual interest in Atlus games is neat. And Iggy

Yeah, I pretty much just use regular streetpass, since it seems to work a little funny. Streetpass data is typically saved to the SD Card, but your Monster Levels and immigrant town are connected to y

Interesting.  Disruptive Wave has a very unique usage pattern.

It seems to work like this:

If, within the first round, the party uses 4 or more buffs (so Kabuff once), then the 2nd round will see Disruptive Wave, always (unless there's a special pattern).

All rounds after the first two depend on whether more than 7 buffs are present at once, and this includes stacking (kabuff cast twice).  HOWEVER, this can be negated by small buffs once every round, as there's a secondary stipend of 4+ buffs in a single round.  So Oomph on three characters will not trigger the DW protocol on any subsequent round, but once total buffs reach 7 for the party, then it's go time.

Certain buffs will not trigger this: Muster/Focus Strength, Backdraft, Dodgy Dance.  Might be a few more, but I haven't tested Gritty Ditty yet.

Debuffs will not trigger DW either.

Hammer

AI: 1
Evade: 0

Frizz: 2
Crack: 2
Woosh: 2
Zap: 2
Dazzle: 3
Fizzle: 2
Fuddle: 3
Poison: 3
Stop: 3
Fire: 0
Strike: 1
Summon: 3

Hammer's a bit of a badass.  It's a little sad his only version here is only exactly as strong as his original form in DQ6.

Edited by ignasia7

After a quick search, I turned up the new Splitting Headache's JP name is: アックスヘッド. This is the first appearance of this particular monster

After a quick search, I turned up the new Splitting Headache's JP name is: アックスヘッド. This is the first appearance of this particular monster

Wasn't he in the original DQVII?

A lot of DQVII monsters are very obscure and only made an appareance in 7.

#233 Darksanta -> Swag bagger
Object, Steal, Flee
Lv    HP  MP AGL ATK DEF   Exp Gold T D Item
42   350   0 107 190  90   200  125 3 6 DarkT
D Z S M F DG BZ FB BG IC NF ZP FL CD PU HL DE EX PS SP SR SL CF PZ LT RM SS DS
- - - - -  1  0  0  0  0  1  2  0  0  0  0  2  3  2  0  1  2  2  2  1  3  3  3

Sword and Magic DQ7 PSX:
Frizz:0 Sizz:0 Bang:0 Crack:0 Woosh:1 Zap:2 Fire:0 Ice:0 Strike:0 Summon:0
Death:2 Poof:3 Poison:2 Sap:0 Dazzle:1 Sleep:2 Fuddle:2 Paralysis:2 Stun:1
Drain MP:3 Fizzle:3 Ban Dance:3

Sword and Magic DQ7 3DS:
Frizz:0 Sizz:1 Bang:2 Crack:2 Woosh:2 Zap:0 Fire:0 Ice:0 Strike:1 Summon:1
Death:3 Poof:3 Poison:3 Sap:0 Dazzle:3 Sleep:3 Fuddle:2 Paralysis:3 Stun:3
Drain MP:3 Fizzle:3 Ban Dance:3

I'm going to have to test everything.  There's a problem with Sword and Magic's list.  While Csabi's list matches the PSX from Sword and Magic, there are two problems:

Frizz (3DS) -> 1, not 0

Bang (3DS) -> 1, not 2

Crack (3DS) -> 1, not 2

Zap (3DS) -> 3, not 0

Fire (3DS) -> 1, not 0

Ice (3DS) -> 1, not 0

Dazzle (3DS) -> 1, not 3

Stun (3DS) -> 1, not 3

The rest are accurate for the reported 3DS version.

Edited by ignasia7

Clay Colonel (unique to DQ7)

Actions: Attack (33.3%), Weird Whacker(50%), Kasap (16.7%)

Frizz: 2
Crack: 2
Woosh: 0
Zap: 0
Death: ?
Poof: ?
Dazzle: 1
Sleep: 2
Drain MP: 1
Fizzle: 0
Paralysis: 2
Summon: 0

---

Dreadful Drackal

DQ6 stats:

Dreadful
drackal
ã€HP】240
ã€MP】0
ã€Attack】197
ã€Defense】93
ã€Agl】115
ã€Int】1
ã€Evd】1
ã€E】452
ã€G】74
Ferocious Fangs:1/128
ã€Attack Pattern】 Attack (50%) , Bites Character (1.25*damage) (16.7%) , Body Slam (16.7%) , War Cry (16.7%
Frizz: 0

Sizz: 0

Bang: 0

Crack:0
Woosh: 0
Zap:0
Death:2 ->?
Poof: 3 ->?
Dazzle:1 -> 0
Sleep:2

Fuddle: 1 -> 3

Poison: 1

Stun: 2

Seal:3

Paralysis: 2
Summon: 0

---

Gracolyte (unique to DQ7)

AI: 1

Evade: 0

1~2x

Actions: Attack (16.7%) , Freezing Blizzard (16.7%) , Clean Sweep (16.7%) , Kacrackle (16.7%) , Kasizzle (16.7%) , Venom Mist (16.7%)

Frizz: 1
Sizz: 1
Bang: 1
Crack: 3
Woosh: 3
Zap: 1
Dazzle: 0
Sap: 3
Fire: 1
Ice: 3
Strike: 2
Summon: 3

Edited by ignasia7

Ok...so, I have to clean up snow, do a few extra things, then thoroughly examine Gracolyte.  I also need to relook at sleep for each tablet boss I have available.  As I plum failed to account for Kasnooze and Slumber Raambaa's high success rate for weak (100%), and very high for strong (75%), which threw me off.  I need to use the other sleep skills or snooze.

So I shall return, and Merry Christmas to everyone, if anyone still pays attention to my thread.

Merry Christmas to all and to all (of us stuffed folk with a couple drinks in us on the East Coast that have been up since before dawn with excited kids) a good night.

Ha, I remember doing that to my parents many times. Hell this morning I was up by 6:30, so no matter how old I get I will always be excited for Christmas Day!

• Upvote 1

Merry Christmas to all and to all (of us stuffed folk with a couple drinks in us on the East Coast that have been up since before dawn with excited kids) a good night.

You too buddy.  Merry Christmas and have a great night!  You and your family.

Ha, I remember doing that to my parents many times. Hell this morning I was up by 6:30, so no matter how old I get I will always be excited for Christmas Day!

LOL, well my parents didn't drink so much on Christmas Eve, but I do remember waking up really early and racing to open presents with my Sister.  Only we would have to wait until our parents finally got up (mostly mum, and eventually my father).  Then we would be allowed to open them, one at a time, reading the card, and if we had friends or family over, which we often did, we were expected to say, "thank you," with each gift.

Oh god, the unboxing and unwrapping...lol, my mum would practically load up each present in like 3~4 layers of wrapping paper, so it was quite a mess, and suprisingly fun and frustrating to get to those wonderful toys.

For now at least I get to play bachelor on Christmas, but it'll fun to play it the other way around someday.

Anyway, hope you had an awesome Christmas Yangus.

With getting two of the three new Dragon Quest games (that are currently available in English) it certainly was a good one. Now I just need to Purchase Something 4 myself, and these games are the incentive to finally do so.

Iggy, I have a question for you. How worthwhile is it to grind for Wisdom Seeds?

If you use AI a lot...it's worthwhile (except for the Hero, since it seems to have no impact on auto-targeting within groups when you choose single-target attacks).

Otherwise, no.

• 1 month later...

This is me being an ass...so I'm erasing it, because it's uncalled for, and I'm overreacting to perceived wrongs.  To anyone who read this, my apologies for any slights on my own part.

Sometimes it feels lonely, and I don't really feel appreciated or I have friends here, or that I'm taken for granted for my contributions and my general manner of posting. 

In anycase, I'm back.

Edited by ignasia7

So I guess me posting to help you in that 3DS game thread of yours and all the other positive interactions we had in the past don't mean squat because I deleted status updates back in December and November? Me deleting things I post isn't anything new, really. Sometimes I go back and "Nevermind," or "Disregard," posts I don't like because I can't delete them myself.

I don't see why you had to call me out here and didn't just PM me so we could talk, but it is what it is I guess. I'm sorry I made you want to delete your account, I'm sorry I made you feel like we aren't friends on here, and I'm sorry I don't always agree with your opinions. If ignoring each other will stop any feuding or leaving then so be it.

So I guess me posting to help you in that 3DS game thread of yours and all the other positive interactions we had in the past don't mean squat because I deleted status updates back in December and November? Me deleting things I post isn't anything new, really. Sometimes I go back and "Nevermind," or "Disregard," posts I don't like because I can't delete them myself.

I don't see why you had to call me out here and didn't just PM me so we could talk, but it is what it is I guess. I'm sorry I made you want to delete your account, I'm sorry I made you feel like we aren't friends on here, and I'm sorry I don't always agree with your opinions. If ignoring each other will stop any feuding or leaving then so be it.

It's also coming into my topics and talking to others, and outright ignoring me.  Even after I wrote a response to you.

From my perspective it seemed like I was an eyesore, and you were making a point to outright ignore me.

Maybe it's my ego.  I'm used to entering topics and everyone fawning over my posts, or showing a level of respect or deference, or being more willing or wanting to get my attention.

So in this case, if I'm just misreading you, and it seems this way, then I am sorry, and I'll be happy to pull that down, and admit I left for bullshit reasons and taking things to heart that I shouldn't have.  I probably should have messaged you first before making assertions.

Edited by ignasia7

I mean...my post just prior to leaving, where I was more or less begging for attention, as my topic was pretty empty, and I could have used a friend, and didn't feel like making a post.  Platty comes in to joke around, and you just outright ignored me, responded to platty, then you and platty got into a conversation, ignored my responses...IN MY TOPIC WHERE I AM ASKING FOR ANYONE WHO BOTHERS TO GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT ME TO SAY SOMETHING.

I have $#!&ing feelings too.  I'm not a bloody $#!&ing robot who bloody $#!&ing just trucks through life.  Seriously, if you wrote a post asking for friends to be...friends, and you were ignored, how the $#!& would you feel?

I'll be honest: I don't agree with everyone's opinions, but then again, who does?

I like when you give out information and data about games, I just don't always know how to respond. Nor do I always know how to respond to individual posts all the time. I might get annoyed in some cases, but trust me, that doesn't me I outright dislike a person. It takes a lot to really make me mad, and one's opinion over a game doesn't make me lose my nerve or something.

I get it frustrating when no one responds. It's like when I try to drum up conversation about Etrian Odyssey and nothing happens.

Again, I apologize if I made you feel like leaving for good.

I'll be honest: I don't agree with everyone's opinions, but then again, who does?

I like when you give out information and data about games, I just don't always know how to respond. Nor do I always know how to respond to individual posts all the time. I might get annoyed in some cases, but trust me, that doesn't me I outright dislike a person. It takes a lot to really make me mad, and one's opinion over a game doesn't make me lose my nerve or something.

I get it frustrating when no one responds. It's like when I try to drum up conversation about Etrian Odyssey and nothing happens.

Again, I apologize if I made you feel like leaving for good.

It's all good.  I'm sorry for overreacting.  I should have messaged you first.  That's not very much like being a bro/friend or anything remotely like that.  I'll take the above post down.  I feel like an ass right now.

I have to get going and take care of a bunch of stuff.

Maybe I'm intruding on something personal, but I can honestly say I appreciate both of you guys. Yangus, I can always get a chuckle out of you, and our mutual interest in Atlus games is neat. And Iggy, I've found your posts and guides super helpful, especially working on my grotto in DQ7. I understand that sometimes people don't outright show it or say things they shouldn't, especially on the internet, but I'd be sad if either of you guys leave. Hell, I was said when Lily left.

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace
  • Upvote 2

Maybe I'm intruding on something personal, but I can honestly say I appreciate both of you guys. Yangus, I can always get a chuckle out of you, and our mutual interest in Atlus games is neat. And Iggy, I've found your posts and guides super helpful, especially working on my grotto in DQ7. I understand that sometimes people don't outright show it or say things they shouldn't, especially on the internet, but I'd be sad if either of you guys leave. Hell, I was said when Lily left.

Well said.

Alright then, I'm just going to start on a new foot...

So I wrote up a it of a miniature solo Kiefer guide in my GameFAQs topic.  This is to get Kiefer to level 50, trigger his uber/super/uber-mensch mode, and start railing on DLC tablet bosses like they were nothing, despite the lack of options.

SUPER KIEFER MINI GUIDE!

Start Through Faraday/Frobisher:

Start -> Kill all other characters, kill around Ballymolloy to level 4 or 5, using herbs to stay alive (cheaper than the inn).

Enter Colorstone Mine @Lv4/5 -> Get down to bottom.

Ballymolloy -> Recruit Hanlon, SAVE. Put Kiefer in the rear if he's not.

Eastern Tower -> Run to the tower, run from each battle until the party members but Kiefer are dead. Abuse Hanlon and kill on Floors 2 and 3 until 7 or 8. Save in Ballymolloy, take on Golem. Save again, level to 10 abusing Hanlon, in the upper floors. Be sure to return to Ballymolloy and rest at the Inn this time (Hanlon's MP will deplete, and it's necessary to speed up the Clawser battle).

Emberdale -> Make sure to kill the party members on the way to town (run from all battles, assuring the other party members are in the front). Make sure to put Kiefer in the front after the rest of the party is dead. Buy Scale Shield and Armour. Buy as many Herbs as possible (99 if possible, stuff Kiefer's slots with them as well).

Burnmont -> Put Kiefer in the rear again, kill party by running until they're dead. Get to the Sacred Knife, get to the heal spot. Level to 12 abusing the Healing spot. Take on the boss (8 is the lowest level to possibly handle this, especially if level ups were favourable to HP and Strength, 10 is very doable, but 12 assures both this, and the next area will be doable).

The Haven -> Get the first three story recruits, leave it at that for now. ONLY collect Slimetree Forest. Do not speak to the other two haven recruits. Sign into the DLC, snag 6 maps. Check each, see if any of them can be abused for Strong Medicine hunting. If so, get 7 Special Medicine, then beat Slimetree Forest (abuse Focus Strength and Flame Slash)...you may blow through all 7 special medicine. Enter the Download Bar again, this time trade Slimetree Forest, and pray to get 3 maps, and at least one with a Scarewell as the main, or a Metal Slime as the main (the pots are decent...will require level 20 at the least to handle them, and even then it's VERY iffy if there's more than 2 on the map).

L'arca -> Try to beat the boss at level 12. Hopefully he goes down. If not, return to the present, head to the Shrine's portal to the volcano, enter, hit the free healing spot, and level to 14, the defacto sure-fire thing (still a difficult battle at times).

Faraday -> Save in Frobisher. Buy the Iron Lance, make sure to have 99 Herbs, get any extra defense equipment possible. Farm for Iron Axes (1 will do). Just kill, kill, kill the Automatons until level 18 at the least, 20 at the most.

DO NOT COMPLETE FARADAY...

Leveling Periods through to level 50:

It's now time to level. Keep track of your daily Download Bar trade times. Make sure to get a 24-hour trade each day. Hopefully there's 3 each time, and each time a map with a new monster as the head. Hopefully some of them can be used for leveling.

Leveling to 20 and Gust Slash -> Faraday is the easiest, killing Automatons only. It's slow from 18 to 20, but still very doable.

Leveling from 20 to 25 -> Faraday and Automatons are still workable and the safest exp/hour, but if anything like Mad Moles is available for DLC, do that. If Scarewells are present as the lead of a leveled map, they're possible as low as 22, but below that they will destroy you. Make sure to run if the extra monsters present are stronger than them.

If before level 25 enough 24-hour service maps are snagged to open up The Haven to its final form...it's time to collect as many tombola tickets as is possible, save in Estard, then continuously return until the Extra Elevating Shoes are won. These babies are necessary for pumping up exp rates, and speeding to level 30. Post 30 it will be slow...

Levels 25 to 30 -> Extra Elevating Shoes, if possible. Scarewells are just boss...Urnexpected aren't too shabby either (slower).

Levels 30 to 40 -> Scarewell, scarewell, scarewell. If you happen to have Mad Moles, make sure to farm those puppies until 99 Seeds of Strength. If not, and the 24-hour service graced you with at least a Cannibox map (Cannibox as the main), then keep that for a bit of farming.

IF the Haven is complete...make sure to do two things:

1) Get the Extra Elevating Shoes...this is imperative to leveling fast.
2) Play Slots until around 5,000~10,000 tokens, then Lucky Panel...you'll want the following:
- Warhammer
- Full Plate Armour
- Iron Shield
- Iron Mask

Levels 40 to 50 ->
- IF Strength Seed Farming has been possible and fruitful, dump them to Base + next level +11 (save scum to assure 3 points each): Metal Slime Knights, Metal Slimes, and Scarewells are fantastic fights.
- If no Strength Seed farming is possible...or has been fruitless: Scarewells to 50. Just suck it up and grind. Don't even try to beat the boss of a level 1 Scarewell map unless you're around 45 (it's possible at 42, but this is only with extreme luck, assuming it almost never attacks normally and never manages success with War Cry).

If no Scarewells are possible/found...be creative, try to figure out which downloaded maps have the best exp per hour you can handle. If nothing...another trick is to just abuse the heck out of the Extra Elevating Shoes, though this is VERY tedious and slow post-40. It's best just to use them in conjunction with maps that give decent exp per kill rates that are easily dispatched.

Note this is very easy if you've the ability to trade maps with yourself.

Leveling Periods 50~99:

Sky's the limit, as long as the enemies are mostly physical. Metal Slimes are pretty easy at this point, due to attack power, so long as the map level is 1...maybe 3 at this point. Around levels 5~10, you'll want around 300+ attack power at the minimum (probably closer to 320+). Though seriously, this is solo kiefer, not farm everything, and until level 99, and fantastic gear, you'll want to avoid making things difficult.

Some map bosses might be better to abuse (NOT Metal Slime, sadly, as that boss has a lot of defense at level 1...higher than 700 at least, and the exp gain is paltry...less overall exp than most other bosses that take much less time to dispatch). In this case...for awhile, Scarewell level 1, as a tablet boss is pretty decent with about 2600 exp per kill, and in about 12 rounds, maybe 16 at the most, unless you're unlucky with War Cry.

Best DLC monsters for EXP (and without any spells/breath):

1) Metal Scorpion (Barbarous Barbershop)

2) Silver Scrapper [ONLY post 600 Attack] (A Voice From On High)

3) Killing Machine (True Steel)

4) Overkilling Machine (Scary Lair , A Voice From On High)

Other decent monsters (normal game, and there are others, this is based on what I've experienced with map trades on the 24-hour service):
Gem Slime,

Frighturn,

Ersatz Estark,

Slemperor,

Heavy Metal,

Warlord Weighvern,

Div,

Bone Baron,

Metal Slime Knight,

Metal Slime (especially if you get the Return to Slimetree Forest map, as this is...again, THE BEST LEVELING MAP in the normal game by an insanely high margin, and for Kiefer, this is pent-ultimate if you happen to have the Massacre Sword, but do realize this is not possible outside the bounds),

LMS/MKS/Metal Mannequins/Metal Medley's? <- ONLY under one of two conditions, 1) Attack power 520 minimum, 2) Hela's Hefty Hammer or Hela's Hammer

Useful equipment to farm:
Hela Hammer (Whalevern from DLC)
Hela's Hefty Hammer (Tablet Bosses: Master Moosifer (hard), Ceramic Sergeant (easier), Gigantes (easiest), Lieutenant Kernel (hardest))
Max Power Shield (Tablet Bosses: Testudogre)

DLC Tablet's doable pre-50 (most of these require at least level 35, and with Strong Medicine, and all the gear present in the Haven's casino Lucky Panel, the exceptions will be noted):

Ordered by difficulty

1) Gooing Strong [Level 15 w/Iron Axe] (Slime Shield)

2) Sticky Business [Level 18 w/Iron Axe, Level 20 w/Iron Lance] (Slime Stick...if for some reason an Iron Axe hasn't been found, or the Haven isn't fully unlocked)

3) Ghost Busting [Level 20 w/Iron Axe] (Super Pretty Betsy...yeah, this is just to do it because you can)

4) Snag a Speedy Sword [Level 22 w/Iron Axe] (Falcon Blade...can't equip though)

5) A Poisonous Party [Level 30+] (Tin Pot...no real value)

6) Feral Forest [Level 30+] (Super Seed of Strength...useful!)

7) Tough Nuts [Level 33+] (Frying Pan...if the Haven isn't complete yet)

8) Tough Guy's Trial [Level 35+] (Soldier's Medal...can't equip though)

9) Palace of the Perished [Level 40+] (Sphere of Silence)

10) The Usual Suspects [Level 45+ and iffy] (Lifesaving Medal...can't equip though)

11) Barbarous Barbershop [Level 48+] (Windcheater...put this on immediately)

12.1) Feline Forest [Level 48+] (Prime Cuts...yeah this is just to do it because you can)

12.2) Fantastic Feast [Level 48+] (Super Seed of Strength...actually beneficial)

DLC Tablets doable post-50 (I assume level 50~70, anywhere in between), before certain special gears are obtained:

No particular order, as it's harder to gauge difficulty from here on.

- Purrrfect Day (Shepherd's Crook...omg yes, get this asap if the map is available, now you can actually recruit without taking up precious space with meat products).

- Daredevil's Distraction (Joker's Soaker...shame Kiefer can't equip it)

- A Voice From On High (Staff of Rain...extremely useful, as now you've an AoE ability!)

- Mount Oddna (Rainbow Drop...keep it...EXTREMELY useful if anything casts Sap/Kasap or uses Helm Splitter, until the Sap effect wears off...I would say to waste MP, but for now that's a bad idea given how much tablet bosses have)

- To the Victor the Spoils! (Champion's Belt...so useful to have HP/step regen, saves a bit of time, and at this point the Extra Elevating Shoes aren't doing much)

- Leap of Faith (Lucky Pendant...probably the most useful accessory at this point, don't try to recruit the boss yet, just get the Pendant, then try afterwards with the Rainbow Drop and Lucky Pendant in tow)

- Den of the Wintry Wyrm (Night Light...absolutely necessary to have on hand for certain battles, as this is one way to avoid Thwack/Kathwack, or self-powering enemies who like to use Oomph...and it doesn't block them from using it if their AI level is 2 [smart], by which they'd waste turns, which would happen with the Sphere of Silence, nevermind not having to worry whether an enemy has Fizzle resistance)

- Day of the Undead (Walking Corpse Heart...useless but why not do it to do it)

- Piles of Presents (Premium Pot Lid...at least the boss is much easier)

- Mount Malign (Mask of Implacability)

- Muscle Mountain (Mink Mantle)

- Empire of the Imp (Lightning Staff...I would say this is great, but only if A Voice from On High isn't available, and you need an AoE attack)

- Gruesome Garrison (Delusionist Heart...because why not?)

- Lizard's Lair (Super Seed of Resilience...useful)

- Puppeteer's Palace (Kerplunk Bracer)

- Cloud Control (Eye of Rubiss...I so wish this was doable pre-50, but it's not, the damage output is just too much to handle. This is THE most useful accessory after the Lucky Pendant, so keep both depending on the map and boss...and this is also very useful if Night Light isn't available, or if a boss happens to have Death Dance, or enemies on the way in do, or you just feel like running from monsters with death abilities).

- The Wild Woods (Special Summon Card...um...yes, yes, and yes!)

- Demon's Den (Super Seed of Magic...useless to Kiefer)

- The Test of Slime (Slime Crown...equip it, as for awhile it will be his best headgear, unless some luck occurs with hunting Mythril Helms)

- Here Be Dragons (Shimmering Shield...equip asap...this shield is a lifesaver for now, as Kiefer's reduction gear is virtually non-existent)

- Harvest Festival (Super Seed of Wisdom...useful depend on how you look at things and if you believe, as I do, that Wisdom affects AI patterns...this map wasn't doable before due to Ubergine's Healall, and not being able to outlast it due to its damage)

DLC Maps that require just the Eye of Rubiss (Night Light helps for some of these, or can be used instead):

- Tower of Trickery (Sunstone...more attack options = good)

- Spooky Ruins (Massacre Sword...potentially useful for leveling against easier monsters or maps with metal slimes, but all monsters have decent EXP and can die in the first round)

- Cumulus Nix (Goddess Shield)

DLC Maps that require the Night Light:

- Whipping Up a Frenzy (Wizardly Whip)

- Davy Jones' Locker (Windbraker)

DLC Maps that requires the Rainbow Drop at the very least to reasonably expect a win:

- Infernal Kernels (Encyclopaedia Titanica...equip asap, best shield in the game for Kiefer, at least resistance wise)

DLC Maps that require at least 700 HP and the Premium Pot Lid:

- Scary Lair (Max Power Shield)

Everything else is now doable once the Max Power Shield is earned. Now you can outlast any battle.

Do note that A Hero's Welcome will still require around level 80~90, even with everything possible, and around 600 Attack at MINIMUM to even consider. So assure a Mad Mole map for seed farming is on hand. Then reset as you require to assure a max 3 points per seed usage. It may also require farming more Seeds of Resilience.

Ãœber Kiefer would have made for an interesting super boss.

Also it's bizarre how the characters who leave become super strong in stats. Wasn't Harry from DQ5 the same way?