Sign in to follow this  
Sword_of_Dusk

Apparent DQVII sales numbers

Glaceon, you say you despise Robin (and I'm reasonably certain I know why), but, if you've managed to play New Mystery, do you despise Kris too?

I ask because if you don't, I'm gonna be pretty shocked. I haven't even finished NM yet, and Kris rubs me the wrong way.

I don't like any of the Avatar characters. At all. So nope, not particularly fond of Chris.

Actually I'd argue Chris is worse than Robin. At least Robin was infecting a new game and stealing from a new character. Chris literally ruins Marth.

Then you and I are on the same page. Kris (or Chris, whichever spelling you prefer) takes away a good deal of the accomplishments Marth had in the original Mystery of the Emblem and I feel that's doing a great disservice to the Altean prince.

New Mystery is generally a step down plotwise entirely due to Chris's existence.

To think, before New Mystery released, I thought the My Unit idea was a cool concept. If only I knew the abomination it would become.

The Avatar concept can be done really well, but I'm convinced that Intelligent Systems are not the developers to pull it off.

• Upvote 1

Intelligent Systems' systems aren't intelligent enough for it, you could say.

Considering what's happened to Paper Mario as well, they definitely aren't as Intelligent as they once were...

Though I do like that Robin isn't the central focus of Awakening, or at least so far he isn't where I'm at in the story. Instead it's focused on Chrom and his family/plights.

Now as for Fates...well, let's just say I'm curious to see for myself what kind of Lord character Corrin ends up being. With all the impressions I've read from other players it aught to be interesting.

He becomes way more central after the first half.

As for the kind of lord Corrin is, he's either an idiot with a backwards war strategy in Conquest or an idealist trying to stop a bad guy from ruling the land in Birthright.

The Avatar concept can be done really well, but I'm convinced that Intelligent Systems are not the developers to pull it off.

Yeah, they've shown three times how bad they are at it. Lost all faith in them in this regard.

It's a shame too, a character who never shows up in the main story post-joining would be a good candidate and the idea of a custom unit was intriguing to me. It's just that IS can't seem to help making them OP and overly praised.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

How 'bout them sales numbers?

Not much to say about them really. The game shipped, and sold it's shipment (as evidenced being very hard to find). In a strange way, it could have been deemed successful.

I hope they were high.

This seems like a straightforward enough setup, yet I'm drawing a blank. I'm getting old.

I hope they were high.

This seems like a straightforward enough setup, yet I'm drawing a blank. I'm getting old.

Well, I don't know about you, but I was gonna clean my room but then I got high.

I hope they were high.

Well, I don't know about you, but I was gonna clean my room but then I got high.

I got real high once.

Then I had to get low, because people complained I was charging them too much.

*canned laughter*

My DQVII characters went and got themselves too $#!&ing high. Now they can't learn anything new in their jobs.

Edited by Plattym3

My DQVII went and got themselves too $#!&ing high. Now they can't learn anything new in their jobs.

My DQVII high was pretty good. Haven't had that feeling for a long time, so experiencing it again was nice.

Though now my hands feel like two balloons...and I see your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying...

• Upvote 1

I've been getting high a lot too.

If you ever need a dealer I can hook you up. I know crystal can be hard for new people to track.

My DQVII characters went and got themselves too $#!&ing high. Now they can't learn anything new in their jobs.

You should fire them until they get their act together.

If you ever need a dealer I can hook you up. I know crystal can be hard for new people to track.

You're saying you know the methods?

I'm always looking up at the Blue Sky.

• Upvote 1

I'm always looking up at the Blue Sky.

Just make sure it's not too Vanilla...

Edited by ignasia7

My bro Skinny Pete has the best stuff, though.

F*** Skinny Pete. He ain't got the stuff my boy Fat Tony can get you.

Dude, Fat Tony got arrested. Saw him being carted off a few days back. Go see my boy Jimmy De Santa. He's got connections to some good stuff.

Provided you don't mind trippy hallucinations, it'll be just what you want.

Derailing my own ongoing joke here to make a statement that's probably old news. Just because you can't find a copy of a game doesn't mean it sold out there. In the case of the store I work at, they didn't even stock it. Didn't stock Builders or Heroes either. And we sell some top-tier trash. We're still trying to burn through a stack of Duck Dynasty games. They at least stocked SMT IV: Apocalypse.