Sign in to follow this  
Sword_of_Dusk

Apparent DQVII sales numbers

Last night I had gone out shopping and went to several stores. In all the stores I went to that sold video games (Best Buy, Walmart, a local video game store) none of them had copies of Dragon Quest VII. They did, however, have a few copies of DQ Builders. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad that none of these stores had a copy of VII, but hopefully it's more of a good sign.

Last night I had gone out shopping and went to several stores. In all the stores I went to that sold video games (Best Buy, Walmart, a local video game store) none of them had copies of Dragon Quest VII. They did, however, have a few copies of DQ Builders. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad that none of these stores had a copy of VII, but hopefully it's more of a good sign.

Did you ask?  If you did, that's a good thing either way, but a better thing to ask, since they request orders if people are asking about certain games.

I had a similar experience a while ago. I was looking for a birthday present for my sister, and decided to drop by a couple of video game stores while I was at it, curious if DQ7 was selling well. None of the shops I visited had a single physical copy of the game. It wasn't even in the imported games section, which is full of obscure games I've never heard of. I wish I had asked them why they didn't have any copies. Back then I was afraid it would have been weird for me to ask about a game I already owned. Maybe I'll try asking next week.

I'd like to think the game is not there because it's selling so well, but it's not a particulary well known franchise in the Netherlands - I've only ever met two people who even knew DQ existed. It also slightly worries me I haven't seen a single mention of DQ7 in any Dutch game magazines. I know the Netherlands is just a measly little country that probably wouldn't have accounted for many sold copies anyway, but it's still a bit concerning to me.

I have a bad feeling about DQ Builders. That's the game I don't see selling well.

7 at least sold out of it's shipment.

I had a similar experience a while ago. I was looking for a birthday present for my sister, and decided to drop by a couple of video game stores while I was at it, curious if DQ7 was selling well. None of the shops I visited had a single physical copy of the game. It wasn't even in the imported games section, which is full of obscure games I've never heard of. I wish I had asked them why they didn't have any copies. Back then I was afraid it would have been weird for me to ask about a game I already owned. Maybe I'll try asking next week.

I'd like to think the game is not there because it's selling so well, but it's not a particulary well known franchise in the Netherlands - I've only ever met two people who even knew DQ existed. It also slightly worries me I haven't seen a single mention of DQ7 in any Dutch game magazines. I know the Netherlands is just a measly little country that probably wouldn't have accounted for many sold copies anyway, but it's still a bit concerning to me.

I haven't checked stores yet. But yeah, I know of only 2 or 3 people who play dragon quest. Only one of those I know personally. The rest are people a good friend of mine knows. But other than that, no, can't say I hear a lot about dragon quest around here. But it is not only dragon quest that gets this treatment around here in my experience. I don't hear much about jrpg's in general. Kingdom hearts at best, some final fantasy and maybe a little tales of. Fifa, call of duty and elder scrolls is what I hear people talking about the most.

I have a bad feeling about DQ Builders. That's the game I don't see selling well.

It's at least reviewing very well.

I'm sure the Minecraft fans will at least try it.

As well it should! I have no patience for Minecraft or the like. Yet I loaded up DQB last night and realized I'd not done enough civil planning, so I demolished my town and rebuilt it. 1.5 hours just for that and another 1.5 of exploration. Didn't move the story ahead a bit, but I loved all 3 hours!

My local store sold plum out.

• Upvote 1

I'd get DQ builders but sadly I don't have a PS4, and I don't think a Minecraft expy and a Hack n Slash is going to be worth the investment in a 8th gen system rn.

I'd get DQ builders but sadly I don't have a PS4, and I don't think a Minecraft expy and a Hack n Slash is going to be worth the investment in a 8th gen system rn.

Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, RDR 2, Persona 5 isn't enough of a reason?

Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, RDR 2, Bioshock Collection, King of Fighters XIV, and Dragon Quest Heroes isn't enough of a reason?

There we go, you were missing something.

• Upvote 1

Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, RDR 2, Bioshock Collection, King of Fighters XIV, and Dragon Quest Heroes isn't enough of a reason?
There we go, you were missing something.

Hold on, you've not only made three additions, but one subtraction too. The fudge?

I mentioned Heroes, as that was the Hack n Slash I was talking about.

But yeah I really don't play much of any of those series.

• Upvote 1

So what do you play? Aside from DQ, of course.

Strategy is my wheel house,though I'm pretty bad. TOTAL war is my jam

Mostly Touhou, Zelda, Pokémon, and older (Radiant Dawn and Prior) Fire Emblems.

...I hated Awakening so.

Mostly Touhou, Zelda, Pokémon, and older (Radiant Dawn and Prior) Fire Emblems.

...I hated Awakening so.

I don't hate Awakening, but the fact you prefer classic FE pleases me. Don't get me wrong, I love Fates, but I would like to see another FE done like the older games.

If you find the time, you should try a few of the games Yangus and I mentioned. Actually, there's a lot of stuff I'd recommend.

I'm surprised you didn't like Awakening, Glaceon Mage. I guess it makes sense seeing as it's sort of FE-lite more so than being similar to older games, but I figured you'd be down for all the waifus and husbandos and the animu artstyle.

I say this as someone whose artbook is coming in tomorrow........

Awakening is a broken mess of a game with no redeeming features whatsoever, at least for me.

And it has Tharja. She can go die in a ditch.

No, you love Tharja so much you have her figure.

The way she treats Noire and Robin (the latter of whom I also despise, though for different reasons) just rubs me the wrong way and she never really shows any remorse for this kind of behavior.

Her design would be nicer if her facial expressions were better, and if she didn't start out in the class with the worst designs in the series.

So yeah my opinion of Tharja was never high, ever.

I actually only like very few characters in Awakening and Tharja is far from one of them.

Glaceon, you say you despise Robin (and I'm reasonably certain I know why), but, if you've managed to play New Mystery, do you despise Kris too?

I ask because if you don't, I'm gonna be pretty shocked. I haven't even finished NM yet, and Kris rubs me the wrong way.

Glaceon, you say you despise Robin (and I'm reasonably certain I know why), but, if you've managed to play New Mystery, do you despise Kris too?

I ask because if you don't, I'm gonna be pretty shocked. I haven't even finished NM yet, and Kris rubs me the wrong way.

I don't like any of the Avatar characters. At all. So nope, not particularly fond of Chris.

Actually I'd argue Chris is worse than Robin. At least Robin was infecting a new game and stealing from a new character. Chris literally ruins Marth.