Sign in to follow this  
Sword_of_Dusk

Apparent DQVII sales numbers

I just checked Game stop availability in my area. One store that was previously low stock is now in stock. A second shipment? I don't know.

I lifted my boycott against Gamestop about a year ago when some employees told me that treatment had changed. The day before my wife and I went to pick up our 2 copies, the lady said there about 12 pre-orders. My wife said she was also told they had a ridiculous amount in stock, some absurd number like 80. Keep in mind this is an area in east bum$#!& with a population with all local towns combined that wouldn't even fill a single burrow of NYC.

The other day when I picked up Builders, I was told they'd sold out, and that people were coming in asking for copies.

So let's just wait and see.

As i said in gamefaqs,don't believe this.

The 1st day sales are stated to be 86k, and this guy claims that the game sold 35k in the entire month of september,witch it's crearly undertracked

I'm pretty sure the guy it's just an attention sekker just putting the information out of his ass,don't worry about it.

Where was the 86k number gotten from?

Completely meaningless.

It's sold out everywhere. It sold what they intended it to sell, and no more. If they expected more sales, Amazon, the largest retailer, wouldn't have a 2 month backorder.

Link?

Just check the Amazon.com listing for it. It's still on 1-2 month backorder. Been like that since release day.

and the 86k came from VGChartz, which is notoriously off the mark.

Again... I would not sweat DQXI over this, or even "DQ is dead in America". This was clearly a limited print run. It could not have sold more than it did, otherwise it wouldn't be sold out!

I can't find the link, as someone actually posted/wrote about it here months ago when it was first up, but the 86k were pre-order postings that VGchartz put up on their pre-order counts list, which only takes data from actual retailers, or they put nothing in there. We just don't know specifics on the data itself, how many retailers, when the numbers were counted/taken from, who released them, how many outlets they reflect, or even whether they reflected just physical only.

That last part is spot on. I wish people would really just take that one detail into account. The only retailer I've found with copies is Target. That's it. Target is also running out of stock, at least in my area, and this is a slow region for DQ sales. The next phase is really just seeing how quickly Nintendo keeps up reprints.

Would also be nice if Nintendo bothered to release real Digital sales numbers.

The Target I brought my copy from had like three of them in stock when I got my copy. I knew they had a limited print run, probably because they were afraid of overstocking and having copies still hanging around. I still saw copies of Ace Attorney Investigations at Walmart as recently as last year.

Don't have anything to bring to the table about sales, but let's just hope square had reasonable expectations for it. But about dq11. I really don't think we have to worry about that. I honestly think square has plans to locilize it already.

• Upvote 1

As i said in gamefaqs,don't believe this.

The 1st day sales are stated to be 86k, and this guy claims that the game sold 35k in the entire month of september,witch it's crearly undertracked

I'm pretty sure the guy it's just an attention sekker just putting the information out of his ass,don't worry about it.

Where was the 86k number gotten from?

Completely meaningless.

It's sold out everywhere. It sold what they intended it to sell, and no more. If they expected more sales, Amazon, the largest retailer, wouldn't have a 2 month backorder.

Link?

Just check the Amazon.com listing for it. It's still on 1-2 month backorder. Been like that since release day.

and the 86k came from VGChartz, which is notoriously off the mark.

Again... I would not sweat DQXI over this, or even "DQ is dead in America". This was clearly a limited print run. It could not have sold more than it did, otherwise it wouldn't be sold out!

I can't find the link, as someone actually posted/wrote about it here months ago when it was first up, but the 86k were pre-order postings that VGchartz put up on their pre-order counts list, which only takes data from actual retailers, or they put nothing in there. We just don't know specifics on the data itself, how many retailers, when the numbers were counted/taken from, who released them, how many outlets they reflect, or even whether they reflected just physical only.

That last part is spot on. I wish people would really just take that one detail into account. The only retailer I've found with copies is Target. That's it. Target is also running out of stock, at least in my area, and this is a slow region for DQ sales. The next phase is really just seeing how quickly Nintendo keeps up reprints.

Would also be nice if Nintendo bothered to release real Digital sales numbers.

The Target I brought my copy from had like three of them in stock when I got my copy. I knew they had a limited print run, probably because they were afraid of overstocking and having copies still hanging around. I still saw copies of Ace Attorney Investigations at Walmart as recently as last year.

That's not that impressive. I bought King of Fighters XI at Walmart last December.

You serious? Damn, what the hell was that doing there?

I just checked Game stop availability in my area. One store that was previously low stock is now in stock. A second shipment? I don't know.

Just checked amazon. Says 2-5 weeks now instead of 1-2 months, so yeah looks like another shipment may be underway.

KOF XI was like 5$ everywhere. One of my favorite entries in the franchise and was dirt cheap. Pretty good deal.

Edited by Fates

KOF XI!

Such a fun entry. I snagged a new copy off Amazon for $6 a few years ago, and was well worth it. The PS2 version was so nice, especially because they brought back mutha fudging Geese Howard. I stain my hands...rif your broud...

Damn it, now you guys are making me wish SNK had brought back Oswald for the installments that followed XI. Come on SNK, Oswald had a fun play style and move set, bring back the Os man!

I also bought a Donkey Kong Bongo Set for the GameCube in 2014. Less shocking but until recently, another store had new copies of Dragon Quest IX, my local Walmart can't get rid of $5 copies of The Black Eyed Peas Experience, and you can still get copies of Sin and Punishment everywhere.

Marketing is the main factor.

And you should try playing Final Fantasy IX. That's a good one.

FFIX is very good. It was my favorite until FFXII came along.
Banned.

Marketing is the main factor.

And you should try playing Final Fantasy IX. That's a good one.

FFIX is very good. It was my favorite until FFXII came along.
Banned.

I laughed at that more than I should have.

• Upvote 1

To be clear for anyone curious, FFIX is not my trigger word.

Don't hate on Vaan and the gang. It's unbecoming of our Platinum Lord.

Besides, who doesn't love that incredibly short skirt Ashe wears?

Yes, she does have a nice Ashe.

Deserves it's own meme it does.

My god...the amount of fan fiction of...various sorts, is quite impressive.

Edited by ignasia7

Deserves it's own meme it does.

My god...the amount of fan fiction of...various sorts, is quite impressive.

It's probably a bunch of Ashe/Fran yuri.

Love Vaan's chest. Love the short skirt. Now if only I could've played around with them. But alas, they loved playing with themselves more. Or was that playing by themselves more. I realized they didn't need me, they could just do it on their own. To this day, I still feel the pain.

I will laugh when I finally get around to playing FFXII and end up enjoying it. Or I could end up hating it like my twinsie. As long as the music is good, I will walk away content either way.

Love Vaan's chest. Love the short skirt. Now if only I could've played around with them. But alas, they loved playing with themselves more. Or was that playing by themselves more. I realized they didn't need me, they could just do it on their own. To this day, I still feel the pain.

The simple solution is to not use Gambits with the party leader. Then you at least retain full control of someone.

The skirt was the part of Ashe's design that put me off the most. That hot pink was too much.

• Upvote 1

This response was entirely unnecessary, only a fool would be triggered like that over Final Fantasy IX. Final Fantasy XII on the other hand? One of the worst in the series and marks the departure from turn based combat and the introduction of the self playing "game".

• Upvote 2

This response was entirely unnecessary, only a fool would be triggered like that over Final Fantasy IX. Final Fantasy XII on the other hand? One of the worst in the series and marks the departure from turn based combat and the introduction of the self playing "game".
💙💚💛💜

The power of platty's hatred.

Just for the record, the person that gave those numbers was a respected GAF member and in some way works with the NPD group via a 3rd party, etc. She doesn't provide HW numbers anymore, due to other circumstances, but she'll provide physical sales numbers for some games if you ask her. Based on that fact, It seems that DQVII sold poorly physically here, but who knows digitally. SE or Nintendo will never release a statement of how well or poor the game did saleswise, but I think we can voice our concern to SE and Nintendo on why the game doesn't catch on out West, etc. I have faith DQVIII will do better saleswise, but DQXI or DQXII will depend on maybe bringing it over digital only.

Edited by nolbertos