Your Progress on DQB

I finished chapter 2 last night. I planted my banner in chapter 3 before I had to go to bed so I could wake up for work

Edited by Soera
  • Upvote 1

Didn't make a whole lot of progress last night other than getting the second villager for Cantlin. I was too busy exploring the overworld for stuff, which unfortunately led to my first death when trying to get that treasure chest on the "spire" close to Cantlin. Shouldn't have tried to test my luck with heights...

Ah well, at least the game is kind enough to let you go back and reclaim anything you lost from where you died.

• Upvote 1

So I got the Blue Teleportal in Rimuldar last night and spent a bunch of time going back and forth in it. I hate those flowers that paralyze you when you step on them, and they are EVERYWHERE. Started fishing as well, and boy am I glad I have the guide, or finding Cod would have been way harder to do.

Didn't make a whole lot of progress last night other than getting the second villager for Cantlin. I was too busy exploring the overworld for stuff, which unfortunately led to my first death when trying to get that treasure chest on the "spire" close to Cantlin. Shouldn't have tried to test my luck with heights...

Ah well, at least the game is kind enough to let you go back and reclaim anything you lost from where you died.

As far as I can tell there is no penalty for death other than having to go get your stuff again.

I was looking at the challenge list for Rimuldar and I don't see how you can finish it in the required amount of days, but I suppose if you move fast enough you can do it!

• Upvote 1

I doubt I will ever beat the time challenges.

My current progress : Saved 3 people in chapter 3. Town just got level 2.

I doubt I will ever beat the time challenges.

My current progress : Saved 3 people in chapter 3. Town just got level 2.

I will definitely beat the time challenges. I'm going to Platinum this game.

• Upvote 1

I finished Chapter 2 last night. I managed to do all the challenges in the chapter except for the Time challenge. 

I also found a typo in the Builders guide. For the "Recover the Crown Goowels" it tells you that you need to find the slime shaped pool of water to fish out the King Slime. The pool is located through the red teleportal, not the green.

Tonight I will probably start on Chapter 3. Kol & Garenholm.

• Upvote 1

I finished Chapter 2 last night. I managed to do all the challenges in the chapter except for the Time challenge. 

I also found a typo in the Builders guide. For the "Recover the Crown Goowels" it tells you that you need to find the slime shaped pool of water to fish out the King Slime. The pool is located through the red teleportal, not the green.

Tonight I will probably start on Chapter 3. Kol & Garenholm.

Good luck with that part. It took me about an hour before the joker showed up!

Dang that sucks, I think I only had to cast 5 times to get him out

It took around 60 or so tries for a King Slime to pop up. Standing on top of one of the bonfire eyes was the best thing to do so I could continually fish in case I fished out a slime. Since it was two blocks high, they couldn't hit me, same with the Ghosts at night.

And according to the guide, King Slime has a 10% chance of showing up.

Edited by Bururian

Finished Builders story mode on Monday, but totally forgot most of the last chapter challenges. I'll have to try and redo it to get at least most of them (I screwed up the time challenge on every single chapter, I'm not the rushing type.) I'm currently playing around in Terra Incognita, it's amazing how fast time flies when you are trying to build a large building, that's for sure...

• Upvote 2

I started Chapter 3, but didn't get very far. Built a spa, killed a errant knight nearby. I'll play more tonight.

I think chapter three is one of my favorite chapters, but that might be because chapter two is so bleak.

Chapter 2 was ridiculously bleak. I'm kinda glad it's over.

• Upvote 1

So I just beat the game. Final fight was ... frustrating at first but in the end, I prevailed! I loved this game. It definitely was more than "Minecraft meets Dragon quest".

• Upvote 1

I'm back to playing this game for awhile. The side quests in Heroes are wearing me out thanks to the obnoxiously low drop rates DQ monsters seem to have for items.

Anyway, I'm up to 4 villagers in Cantlin and can now travel through the blue teleportal, but I'm a bit stuck with what the villagers want me to build. Pippa wants an armoire, but that requires a bronze ingot which I can't seem to make despite having the recipe. I remember someone mentioning a forge in the village, so maybe I just need to keep building stuff until becomes available?

I'm still enjoying this game though. Very relaxing.

I'm in the Blue Teleportal in Kol now. I have to make a cannon One of the requirements is Lava, but doesn't really point you in any direction on how to get lava. I guess a regular bucket will have to do.

I'm in the Blue Teleportal in Kol now. I have to make a cannon One of the requirements is Lava, but doesn't really point you in any direction on how to get lava. I guess a regular bucket will have to do.

Just dig up the lava rocks by the lava.

Tried out Terra Incognita yesterday.  How do you get the big/infinite item chest.  Couldn't get it so I quit kinda quick.  Also, how do you get battle tickets to fight monsters?

Just dig up the lava rocks by the lava.

Thanks, I haven't done this yet, but I probably wouldn't have thought to do that.

• 1 month later...

I'm at the point where I've obtained the Red Teleportal in Cantlin. It's been fun playing this game again.

Also, I came across a Green Dragon while exploring the Blue Teleportal region of Cantlin. Luckily it was sleeping...until I accidently nudged it to which it angrily woke up and started chasing me. That was a moment of panic until I used a Chimera Wing to get the heck out of there!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

I'm finally hoping to make progress on this game this weekend. I haven't played in months. I love playing this in 2-3 hour periods and it's been impossible of late.

My wife's grandfather passed away last week and financial reasons only she and Plattym5 are going to fly to the funeral with her other family. I'm taking Thursday off to ferry family to the airport, but then it's just Plattym4 and me all long weekend long (I have Monday and Friday off). Plan on playing a ton of DQB. Plattym4 sleeps for about 12 hours, so I can get in a good 4-5 nightly after he goes to bed!

I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through chapter 2. My goal is to complete through chapter 3.

Speaking of getting to the next chapter, when the heck am I gonna start chapter 2? Maybe each chapter in the game is longer than I thought, but I can't help but feel I should be in chapter 2 by now. Granted I've had this game on hiatus for a good month and so, but I can't help shake that feeling. Guess I figured Chapter 1 would be short since most Chapter 1's in games are the shortest chapter.

Speaking of getting to the next chapter, when the heck am I gonna start chapter 2? Maybe each chapter in the game is longer than I thought, but I can't help but feel I should be in chapter 2 by now. Granted I've had this game on hiatus for a good month and so, but I can't help shake that feeling. Guess I figured Chapter 1 would be short since most Chapter 1's in games are the shortest chapter.

You'll open 3 portals before you start gearing up for the final boss of the chapter.
  • Upvote 1