I don't play the game every day. But since last time, when I do, I play for way to long. Not as rediculously long as last week, when I played from 10 to 6 in the morning. But still, long enough. Every time I want to stop, there is this one thing I actually kind of want to work on in my town. And so a new project begins. And this continues to the point where I look at the clock, and apperantly a decent amount of time has passed. It is the nature of the beast I guess. Had the same thing happening the one time I played minecraft.

I guess I am about halfway through chapter 2 now. The town "or rather, resort/fortress" is taking shape. Doing something completely different from what I made in Cantlin to keep things interesting. I love how different chapter 2 is from the last. Besides the fact that the environment is different, you also make different stuff for the most part I notice how in this chapter there has been a lot more focus on wood, and less on stone and steel.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hanging around Cantlin, building stockades and beating giant scorpions.  Love it so far!

Ah, thanks for the info Platty. I wondered if it took several portals or something, and now that everyone keeps mentioning a Golem I have a sneaking suspicion who the boss of this chapter will be.

I'm going to revive this SUPER old thread because I am playing DQB on PS4....and I want to talk about it 😃   First hour was awesome. I can see this game being mesmerizing and addicting. 

The bigger golems can only be damaged by the wrecking balls, the little ones can be hurt with normal weapons though.

I'd done that. Just needed more than 4 bombs for the final fight. Had today off, and my son woke me up wanting to fight bad guys. He loves "big rock guys". Ended up winning the battle!

Need to build a garden before I exit the chapter and I'll have all but the time challenge done for chapter 1.

Just beat chapter 2. Still really enjoying the game. Chapter 2 got a little dark in the usual lighthearted dragon quest way. The happiest little game about death. It would almost be dark souls if it wasn't presented in the way that it is :P. Played about an hour into chapter 3, accidentally flooded my town, tried to clean it up, accidentally broke an earth block with one cube of water behind it, town completely drenched again, decided to just reload and start anew tomorrow. Be careful were you put those water crystals I guess.

I'm past the first portal on Chapter 3 so far. I do multiple tear down / rebuilds each chapter and just did a full tear down last night before bed. I hope to have the area rebuilt before bed tonight and plan to continue the chapter quests tomorrow. Chapter 3 has been a lot of fun so far, I love the Thug guys, their dialog has been crackin' me and my family up.

Be careful were you put those water crystals I guess.

I learned my lesson with that on Chapter 2, flooded my town so many times.  :laugh:

I'm past the first portal on Chapter 3 so far. I do multiple tear down / rebuilds each chapter and just did a full tear down last night before bed. I hope to have the area rebuilt before bed tonight and plan to continue the chapter quests tomorrow. Chapter 3 has been a lot of fun so far, I love the Thug guys, their dialog has been crackin' me and my family up.

Be careful were you put those water crystals I guess.

I learned my lesson with that on Chapter 2, flooded my town so many times.  :laugh:

I am just glad I wasn't to far into the chapter yet. If I just made my towns to finish up the story, alright. But I spend hours on these towns. Cleaning that up would suck. But I am a fan of these thugs already. Going to be a fun chapter after the great but kind of gloomy chapter 2.

• Upvote 1

Since Sunday night i'am done with the story. Only the time-challenges in ch. 1 and 2 are missing ;)

But I have to say, that my towns in the story just fits in their need. For me the terra incognita mode ist far more interesting because you could combine everything you want and don't stuck on something because you aren't able to build exactly want you want ;)

Got the first portal in chapter 3, And I am at the point were we are going on that rescue mission. Don't get to play tommorow. And Tuesday I will be away from my ps4 for a week. Going to miss builders tbh. But I still have dragon quest 7 to satisfy my dragon quest needs.

Oh my. I had coffee last night around 8 and had Plattym4 in bed by 9 so I could play. A little midnight break to get a crying Plattym5 back to sleep, and at 2am I called it a night. I love playing this game for unreasonable amounts of time. Tried for a garden in Chapter 1 for an hour and then gave up and went to Chapter 2. It's a hard beginning to this chapter, but getting better with the first portal and the emergece of wood!

Oh my. I had coffee last night around 8 and had Plattym4 in bed by 9 so I could play. A little midnight break to get a crying Plattym5 back to sleep, and at 2am I called it a night. I love playing this game for unreasonable amounts of time. Tried for a garden in Chapter 1 for an hour and then gave up and went to Chapter 2. It's a hard beginning to this chapter, but getting better with the first portal and the emergece of wood!

We don't need to know about your emergence of wood

• Upvote 1

We don't need to know about your emergence of wood
2am, it just surprised me popping up like it did!

lol.

I have been prepping my house for my little girl's first Birthday party that I haven't had any time to play lately. Saturday evening though, I am going to play the heck out of this game!

lol.

I have been prepping my house for my little girl's first Birthday party that I haven't had any time to play lately. Saturday evening though, I am going to play the heck out of this game!

Got the smash cake ready?

lol.

Got the smash cake ready?

Yup  I am picking it up tomorrow morning!

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got to play some more! I just got the first teleportal in Chapter three, and I have finally built my colossal coffer and upgraded my weapons and armor.  Now I just need to upgrade the town a bit and make some more supply runs through the teleportal before fighting off monsters again.

• Upvote 1

So I finally got to play some more! I just got the first teleportal in Chapter three, and I have finally built my colossal coffer and upgraded my weapons and armor. Now I just need to upgrade the town a bit and make some more supply runs through the teleportal before fighting off monsters again.

This is going to me the next 2 days. The wife is going out of town with the kids to a training, so I have 2 full nights alone and free. My masters paper was turned in Monday, not another for 2 months and I'm caught up enough on the reading. School is winding down for Thanksgiving, all papers graded. Almost a perfect alignment of the stars for some 6 hour sessions!

Well, I have Barbarella back now. That was a fun fight going through the castle, and make sure that you go back with the cannon and get all of the accessories. I am going to go back to get some obsidian to use as my out base walls, as the monsters can't seem to break it.

Too bad there weren't spikes early in that chapter and put those at the bottom of the moat too

• Upvote 1

So I finally finished Chapter three! That boss fight was pretty fun, and I enjoyed the chapter. I just have to build the Superior Spa now, and I will be all set to start chapter 4.

The moat didn't work so well since brownies just fall in and try to dig into my town.

You have to line it with something that they can't break into.