Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Your Progress on DQB

When I played CH1 in the Japanese version I made highways up high in the first portal to get between areas quickly :)

The materials for herbs become more abundant later on, like around where you see the third green dragon(there are three in all to kill in hapter 1, and they all drop something different).

Also, once you have a mallet, you can just dig straight through the mountain for further shortcuts. :P

I'm on the part where I have to use a blueprint to upgrade the stockade further. Though I hardly need to upgrade it with the way I expanded my stockade. :P Spent all week messing around creati/remaking certain parts of my town. I won't bother with certain challenges until I either finish the game or get to further chapters. Heard one challenge was to beat chapter 1 in 20 ingame days. I'll have to make use of getting everything I need in the first island before doing any quests. Until you progress the quests, you have no hunger meter and days don't go by(unless you sleep in a bed).

Yeah, that 20 day one could be interesting to try to beat.

Possible spoilers: Can anyone help me out?  I have no active quests, and no one offering any quests.  Rollo wants to be mayor, Larouche wants me to lay off the advancements, and the blacksmith, another guy, and the warrior are here too.  The only thing is that Primm tells me I should come up with a recipe for something meaty, but I'm not sure how to progress that--she says there's a ghost chef in the desert, but I already found him, exhausted the conversation options, and now he's gone.  Anyone know how to proceed?

Just defeated the Golem and brought light back to Cantlin! I still have some green dragons to slay, side quests to finish (learning how to make gravestones, burying the soldier in the cave, etc.), but my Cantlin is at the max level.

Is it worth it go to finish those and progress to the next area, or is it not worth it since I'll have to restart my progress when I get to the next town?

• Upvote 1

Possible spoilers: Can anyone help me out?  I have no active quests, and no one offering any quests.  Rollo wants to be mayor, Larouche wants me to lay off the advancements, and the blacksmith, another guy, and the warrior are here too.  The only thing is that Primm tells me I should come up with a recipe for something meaty, but I'm not sure how to progress that--she says there's a ghost chef in the desert, but I already found him, exhausted the conversation options, and now he's gone.  Anyone know how to proceed?

Get some bunny meat.

Build the second kitchen device (i belive its called something like "brick barbecue" in english).

Then proceed to make her a burger (there are two kinds, she wants the basic one).

Just defeated the Golem and brought light back to Cantlin! I still have some green dragons to slay, side quests to finish (learning how to make gravestones, burying the soldier in the cave, etc.), but my Cantlin is at the max level.

Is it worth it go to finish those and progress to the next area, or is it not worth it since I'll have to restart my progress when I get to the next town?

If you want the platinum trophy, yeah. If not, continue to Rimuldar. Completing challenges unlocks some recipes in Free Build Mode, iirc.

Anyway, save before you leave the chapter, might be useful for completing the challenges later without having to redo all the chapter.

Edited by Awesomeinblue

965ec8431343937ae096930012851e7c.jpg

Plattym4 insisted I beat the dragon. My thumb hurts. I died only once, but I got him. Wouldn't have bothered but he nagged me.

• Upvote 1

Halfway through chapter 2. Gotta say I'm not as much a fan of these area's as the last ones. Poison-swamp area's always annoy me in games and there's too much poison/annoying status effects. Still having fun, but getting stuck often cuz it's not always very clear how to get object A or where to fish or how to make a certain room.

Just got to the 3rd Island of Chapter 3, having a lot of fun with this chapter. Refreshing since I felt chapter 2 was really annoying.

• Upvote 1

I just got through Chapter 1. Man that was fun! A couple of questions though.

1. Where is the soldier that you are supposed to bury?

2. Where is the third dragon? I beat the one from the demo for the couch, and the one through the red portal for a Dragon Scale accessory. Where is the third? 

3. How is anyone suppossed to beat this in 20 days? I took 82 days!

The wife is loving this game too! She has stayed up to past 1 AM for the last two nights playing this. She probably will pass me in game progress before I get home.

Awesomeinblue, thanks for your help!  I forgot to respond, but I'm well into chapter 2 now!

Where is the third dragon? I beat the one from the demo for the couch, and the one through the red portal for a Dragon Scale accessory. Where is the third? 

If I remember right, the other one is at the blue teleport island. I found him behind the fortress to the North West. He is up in the mountains.

• Upvote 1

Where is the third dragon? I beat the one from the demo for the couch, and the one through the red portal for a Dragon Scale accessory. Where is the third? 

If I remember right, the other one is at the blue teleport island. I found him behind the fortress to the North West. He is up in the mountains.

Thanks! I found him last night as well as the Soldier's cave. The weird thing is that the cave seems to be randomly located. Mine was the second cave in the blue zone, but it wasn't there for my wife and we searched the entire zone for it. Pity too, as those double jump boots are awesome!

The Cantlin garden took forever to figure out though, I had to go online to figure out what it needed.

10 plants, 5 grasses, 1 tree, 1 bench, 1 brazier, and 8 blocks of water, is what it needs IIRC.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I found him last night as well as the Soldier's cave. The weird thing is that the cave seems to be randomly located. Mine was the second cave in the blue zone, but it wasn't there for my wife and we searched the entire zone for it. Pity too, as those double jump boots are awesome!

The Cantlin garden took forever to figure out though, I had to go online to figure out what it needed.

10 plants, 5 grasses, 1 tree, 1 bench, 1 brazier, and 8 blocks of water, is what it needs IIRC.

I never did end up finding the Soldier's cave. I think certain caves are random each time you play the game. I remember the cave in the demo having a slightly different layout then the actual game.

Did you have to dig for the water? Or is there a water block for that?

In the first chapter I don't think that there is anyway to make water or a water source. You have to go outside to right south of your base where there are several little ponds you can use.

Played 3 hours last night. Had to rebuild my city as it sucked with no advanced planning. Then I just wandered around using the guide to get things I'd missed. Ended up only doing 1 quest the entire time. Actually, I didn't complete it, but once I go back for iron, I can cook more. Those were 3 fun hours though!

• Upvote 1

Finally completed the game. It was pretty interesting on how Chapter 4 was played out. Now to complete challenges and get that platinum trophy.

• Upvote 2

Man, not playing dragon quest games in a long time really makes the next few extra sweet. Dragon quest 7 has been a huge timesink, I can play that game for hours, and I really have to force myself to stop playing whenever I start it. Wasn't really doing much dragon quest builders becouse of dq7... Until yesterday. Started playing around 10pm. Next thing I know, I have played for 4 hours straight. At that point I just said screw it, and played until 6. I have not made hours like this in a videogame for a long time. It is nice. Spend more time building cantlin than I needed, but I am very satisfied with the results. Unlocked chapter 2, explored a bit of terra incognita, and looked at some of the creations other people made. I am very excited to unlock everything and just start building away. Very impressed by some of the creations I have seen.

Edited by Emptilion

I love the beginning of the final chapter.  It all sinks in then.  I love this game and everything about it!  I'm halfway through the final chapter and saving terra incognita until I play the whole story!

• Upvote 1

Hey all of you posting here, don't forgot to post proof of purchase in the Purchase DQB Quest!

Hey all of you posting here, don't forgot to post proof of purchase in the Purchase DQB Quest!

Sure, I'll post it as soon as I get home after the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Got a couple more challenges that I missed completed. Turns out you can easily do it just by using the save file before you completed the chapter, and do the objective. Then just go through the portal and you will have it. Saves a lot of time, and probably optimal to not worry about other objectives while you are going for a complete in X days challenge.

I started Chapter 3 yesterday. It is much less gloomy than Chapter 2, so that is a plus.

9pm. Kids asleep. No work tomorrow. Having coffee and long play! Maybe I'll come close to finishing chapter 1. Maybe not.