Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Your Progress on DQB

I meant to play last night and I did. Accidentally fell asleep while putting my son to bed, but woke up at midnight and played 12-3am. Whew, so fun!

Made it all the way up to where I need to get some defensive turret. Found the castle (really far away) and talked to the dead king who wants to see me on the roof. After climbing up and falling down twice, I needed to go to bed.

It's going to be hard splitting time between this and DQVII!

Where are you in the game?

Japanese version, made it halfway thru the 3rd chapter. English, haven't restarted yet (plant to restart to understand the story better), plan to get into it tonight (with some DQ7 time in there as well)

Japanese version, made it halfway thru the 3rd chapter. English, haven't restarted yet (plant to restart to understand the story better), plan to get into it tonight (with some DQ7 time in there as well)

The Japanese saves carry over.

None. Not playing until DQ7 is completed. Just got Aishe last night.

Yeah I saw that, I loaded it enough to seem my save there, but some of the story didn't make much sense so I want to replay it from the beginning :)

Yeah I saw that, I loaded it enough to seem my save there, but some of the story didn't make much sense so I want to replay it from the beginning :)
Ah, that's a good point.

I guess I could finish the ongoing one for the Lightspeed and then go back and replay as well :)

Hanging around Cantlin, building stockades and beating giant scorpions.  Love it so far!

• Upvote 2

I just got the Giant Mallet Recipe, and ended there. With everything else going on right now and other games I am playing, I won't be able to put in as much time as I wish for DQB. Hopefully I will have more time for it next weekend. Really enjoying the game so far though, and I love how the progression of the game is so far.

• Upvote 1

I guess I could finish the ongoing one for the Lightspeed and then go back and replay as well :)

Well that seems like cheating 😜

Gotta get these quests up tomorrow.

Any idea what proof of beating the game should be?

Edited by Plattym3

I have the mallet, and I am mining in that area to get resources. I just built a forge, colossal coffer, and I ma trying to figure out what I need to make them into their own rooms. I made leather armor, sheild, and a bronze sword. I also found a blueprint for a bar in the hammer area. I built everything but a salad plate and some dishes for it. I also stumbled upon some ruins where I had to fight a bunch of wyverns and a metal scorpion. Fortunately, that hammer does some quick work on the scorpion.

• Upvote 1

I have the mallet, and I am mining in that area to get resources. I just built a forge, colossal coffer, and I ma trying to figure out what I need to make them into their own rooms. I made leather armor, sheild, and a bronze sword. I also found a blueprint for a bar in the hammer area. I built everything but a salad plate and some dishes for it. I also stumbled upon some ruins where I had to fight a bunch of wyverns and a metal scorpion. Fortunately, that hammer does some quick work on the scorpion.

Keep going in that direction and you'll discover a plant that helps make the salad (it's close to the others so I missed them like 3-4 times). I'm interested in the bar you mentioned. The guide should be delivered today, so I guess I'll look that up. 👍

The bar is hidden in side one of the "dwellings" like where the hammerhoods live, but one that doesn't have an opening (I think it had a well on top). Missed it in the Japanese version, but found it on my Chapter 1 restart I did last night. I am about at the exact same point cobolisdead is at :)

• Upvote 1

I don't sorry as I didn't complete the Japanese version, I bet Michi did, we can check with her

Oh, and a builders quote contest might be good if you weren't already going to start one :)

Keep going in that direction and you'll discover a plant that helps make the salad (it's close to the others so I missed them like 3-4 times). I'm interested in the bar you mentioned. The guide should be delivered today, so I guess I'll look that up.

Yup, the bar is hidden int he hammer house with no entrance and a well on top of it.

I will keep looking for the plants! Thanks for the tip!

Keep going in that direction and you'll discover a plant that helps make the salad (it's close to the others so I missed them like 3-4 times). I'm interested in the bar you mentioned. The guide should be delivered today, so I guess I'll look that up.

Yup, the bar is hidden int he hammer house with no entrance and a well on top of it.

I will keep looking for the plants! Thanks for the tip!

You need the small round bushes (they also allow you to make Medicinal Herbs).

Here is the recipe if you want it

fruit_salad_recipe.png

Sweet! What do you need for the Crockery?

Here you go, and that is all the further I got last night :)

crockery_recipe.png

Sweet! What do you need for the Crockery?

Clay and Coal.

Michi said you will get a silver medal next to the last chapter, but no where on the screen is your chara name, so we may just have to do stickys on the TV as proof

Michi said you will get a silver medal next to the last chapter, but no where on the screen is your chara name, so we may just have to do stickys on the TV as proof

Sounds good.

So I played a bit more yesterday. I found the bushes for the medicinal herbs. They are definitely more scarce than I would like. I was able to get enough stuff to finish the bar, but I had swap out the wooden door that was in the ruins already to do it. I hope that I can come across that soon, as I like that door a lot better than the straw one.

I built Pipa a new room, got the soldier and the spin attack, built a Changing room, and went to the castle to get the stockades, and I just got back to the town when I had to call it for the night.

• Upvote 1

Just began this morning, and took about 2-3 hours in Chapter 1, learning the ropes and showing the game off for a few friends.

I'm impressed so far.  It's fun to hear the classic Alefgard theme in a DQ game again, and I'm having fun finding my own ways around or through hills and mountains to get the job done.

Built a winding path of earth up the side of the mountain once I found Rollo, for example.  Why walk around again, when I can go over?

• Upvote 1