Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3DS - Fan Translated&#33

You read that topic title correctly.  

IT'S COMPLETE!!

Now, it's not going to be easy for the average fan to play, but complete details can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d.431204/

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 2

Congrats to the team for getting this done.

I was fortunate to help out a little bit on the project, and it was a absolute pleasure working with Helmax. He's a great person with a dedication to Dragon Quest like we could only dream of SE having. Enjoy the game people, it's a lot of fun and will keep you busy for a long time.

• Upvote 3

Hmm. Do I need to have a modded 3Ds to play this? Or can I run it off my laptop.

Playa, playa, hollaaaaaa!

Huge thanks to everyone who worked on this. DQ games can be a huge undertaking and your work is certainly loved and appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Installing the game right now! Thanks a lot to everyone involved! The GBC version is one of my favorite games ever so I'm excited for the remake. :D

@Jay: If your 3DS firmware is 10.7 or below your 3DS is hackable. I don't know, maybe it's also playable via the Citra emulator, never tried it...

If this isn't playable on Citra I will be very sad. I'm not willing to pay more for a hackable 3DS. =c

Still, this is very exciting stuff!

If this isn't playable on Citra I will be very sad. I'm not willing to pay more for a hackable 3DS. =c

Still, this is very exciting stuff!

From what I've read, it's not.

This isn't possible to do with a Japanese cartridge of the game, an American 3DS, and a download of the Patch, is it?

This isn't possible to do with a Japanese cartridge of the game, an American 3DS, and a download of the Patch, is it?

Again, from what I've read, no.

Again, from what I've read, no.

I might be incorrect on this, but I believe the hacks necessary to get the patch working on a 3DS also allows games from any region to be loaded through the homebrew menu.

I don't have a hacked 3DS, nor do I really want to hack mine, but I know that homebrew allows free region launching, so I'm pretty sure this is actually possible if you hack your American 3DS.