DQ2 unplayable on iOS 10

I don't know if people are aware, but the iOS version of Dragon Quest II has been crashing frequently since they last updated the game in August this year. I wanted to play the game recently, but discovered that the game crashes frequently. On the app store right now, the reviews are mostly 1 stars now because this has affected a lot of people. My phone recently forced me to update to iOS 10, which seems to be the problem. For whatever reason, the game cannot handle battles where more than one of the same monster appears and it will crash, usually when the battle is about to end. A lot of people have reported that this essentially locks the game since you have to beat a pair of gremlins in order to unlock the ship in Rippleport. My guess is they ran away from any battle where multiples of a monster would appear, but that seems like a huge problem for gameplay if you have to constantly do that.

Out of curiosity, I also tried out Dragon Quest I and III on my phone, and thankfully they weren't crashing. I got into about 5 or so battles in each game and so far encountered no problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some problems down the line.

It's been roughly two months since the update for II and so far, no fix has been made. I will probably be reporting the issue, but there's no guarantee that there will be a fix for it. Some people have suggested tweeting at Dragon Quest and Square Enix to get their attention, but I would be disappointed if this was a fruitless effort. Maybe with a unified campaign or something, we could get their attention to fix the issue. It seems like some people with Androids have had similar problems with trying to play the Dragon Quest apps, as well.

Wow, that's pretty shitty.

Yeah, DQII for some reason is really f**kin' buggy on mobile. I don't know why, in theory it should work just as well as I or III.