Help, With the last green shard received, I went into the world where you go into this building to receive this item, but this room is dark with statues of these beasts. How do i maneuver when it is so dark? Does anyone have a map in what to do and where you walk? Thanks.

Edited by Eccadairius

First you have to examine the statues, than you have to go in the direction their tail points.

Help, With the last green shard received, I went into the world where you go into this building to receive this item, but this room is dark with statues of these beasts. How do i maneuver when it is so dark? Does anyone have a map in what to do and where you walk? Thanks.

This one kills me every time. I HATE it. I would always walk in the direction the statues were facing--that was my mistake. It's embarrassingly simple once you know how to do it...you have to follow the direction of their TAILS after you examine the statues. I know, it sounds dumb, but that's what you're supposed to do. In my opinion, most people are going to have the first instinct of travelling in the direction that the statue turns to FACE, but nope--it's all about the direction their TAIL is facing. I've always hated this puzzle. 

First you have to examine the statues, than you have to go in the direction their tail points.

Do you agree that that's rather dumb? I mean, that is, of course, correct, but wouldn't most people's first instinct be to walk in the direction that the statue is facing? When I realized it was their tails, the puzzle was very easy to navigate. Still, though--I hate how the creators made it all about their tails. It was a deliberate mislead. 

If you give it a bit of thought, it actually makes sense. Consider what people do when you ask for directions: they point you in the right direction.

Now, what are the tails doing that the hands aren't?

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk

If you give it a bit of thought, it actually makes sense. Consider what people do when you ask for directions: they point you in the right direction.

Yeah, but their hands are up and have this "pushing outward" look to them. I still maintain that the creators were banking on this being a deliberate mislead. 

Yeah, but their hands are up and have this "pushing outward" look to them. I still maintain that the creators were banking on this being a deliberate mislead.

It's not so much a deliberate mislead as it was the developers getting you to think critically. The hands are in a position that indicates nothing specific, but they have these extremely pointy tails that you wouldn't expect on most statues.