Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #159 - Pumpkin Quest!

Westy sent me the following and I'm posting for him!  Thanks, Westy:

Goo-reetings!

It's that time again!  Yep, time to unleash sharp objects on large orangey fruit for artistic purposes!  Plattym3 and Westy present: Pumpkin Quest: Dragon's Den's Dragon Quest themed Pumpkin carving or decorating contest!  All you goomans need to do is get a pumpkin and decorate it with a Dragon Quest theme!  You can carve, paint, cosplay or decorate however you like.  Then take a picture of it.  Don't forget to put your name or screenname in the photo.

And no reusing photos from previous years, please!

Rules & Prizes:
1) Submit your carved or decorated pumpkin picture directly in this topic.
2) YOUR NAME MUST BE PHYSICALLY IN THE PIC, on a post-it, an index card, or written on the pumpkin
3) Submit as many pumpkins as you have the time to create, and feel free to work with others if they live nearby
4) You have until the end of night October 31st to make your submissions.
5) Submissions will be voted on by the community to determine the winner, but ALL entries will win a badge!

Last year's contest was so much fun.  Let's make this one even more goo-reat in honor Dragon Quest VII and for all the Dragon Quest games coming to The West soon.

w1u4wg.png"Carve a Carver?" - Plattym3
Edited by Plattym3

This was a lot of fun last year.  I'm brainstorming a different idea for my approach this time.  Different DQ monster, too.  Hoping to have some time either Thursday or next week to work on it.

• Upvote 1

Apparently I've signed my son and I up for a pumpkin carving class or demonstration or something at Lowe's this weekend. Will have to take note as I rarely have ever carved a pumpkin. They're the planets turds, I try hard to avoid them always.

I guess you'll be carving a turd this year, then. :)

I guess you'll be carving a turd this year, then. :)

Yep. My son loves Slimes. I'm wondering which one I might be able to do. His favorite is the King Cureslime. "Big Green Guy" he calls it.

Platty, I just realized this topic has the name number as the new notable quotable contest. You might want to change this quest to #159.

Platty, I just realized this topic has the name number as the new notable quotable contest. You might want to change this quest to #159.

I blame Westy. No one's ever accused Slimes of being good with noombers.

I wonder if anyone will be able to find a store that sells pumpkins considering the fact that Halloween is being phased out right now for Christmas. I'm actually only half joking.

I wonder if anyone will be able to find a store that sells pumpkins considering the fact that Halloween is being phased out right now for Christmas. I'm actually only half joking.

Went to Lowe's today with my son for a pumpkin workshop. Think I'll be using my drill to carve this year. Always seen it, never did it.

Those stores are totally overflowing with holiday stuff right now. They were putting up Christmas stuff this week, but I swear they've not given up an inch of Halloween crap space.

I blame Westy. No one's ever accused Slimes of being good with noombers.

I think he was too busy schmoozing with cosplay ladies at NYCC to do math.

If I'm the only one who enters the contest, can we still vote? :)

• Upvote 1

Went to Lowe's today with my son for a pumpkin workshop. Think I'll be using my drill to carve this year. Always seen it, never did it.

Those stores are totally overflowing with holiday stuff right now. They were putting up Christmas stuff this week, but I swear they've not given up an inch of Halloween crap space.

My store started stocking fake trees and lights a few weeks ago. Then they slowly stated adding outdoor decorations. Now the entire outdoor section is just Christmas stuff. There's a giant "Christmas Shop" sign right beside the Halloween sign. They put out inflatable decorations this week to finish off. I swear that giant Minion is going to greet me at the gates of Hell.

Today's the only good day for my DQ pumpkin carving.  I've got some good orchestral soundtracks to inspire me.  I know I'm the only one to express interest in this contest so far, but here's to hoping my pumpkin doesn't suck!

I am going to wait closer to Halloween so it can be out when trick or treaters come around.

Today's the only good day for my DQ pumpkin carving. I've got some good orchestral soundtracks to inspire me. I know I'm the only one to express interest in this contest so far, but here's to hoping my pumpkin doesn't suck!

If you're the only one to enter, yours is automatically the worst.

No pressure.

• Upvote 1

Still more participants than that coloring contest, right, Platty?

Still more participants than that coloring contest, right, Platty?

You're going to ride that one for ages! 👍😂

I have a little slime pumpkin I painted. I should have taken a picture. 

Because it's over at my parent's house still. I sat down with my niece and sister and painted some pumpkins with them.

I didn't get to do my pumpkin carving yet.  I was working late the other night and then lazy when I got home.  But my copy of DQB arrived last night (my pre-order of the game and the strategy guide was late on purpose so I could cheap-out and get free shipping from Amazon).  And I know that if I start DQB tonight, I'll never carve the pumpkin I bought.  So DQB will now be my personal reward for finishing this quest.

If you're the only one to enter, yours is automatically the worst.

Haha.  No doubt.

Because it's over at my parent's house still. I sat down with my niece and sister and painted some pumpkins with them.

Have them text you a picture!

Oh hey, it's now official Quest #159. All is right with the world. :P

Oh hey, it's now official Quest #159. All is right with the world. :P

I fixed it while doing my bazillion updates today.  :baa:

Have them text you a picture!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Here's a picture of it, but my name isn't in it. I could always just tag it and send another one come this weekend.

YVIWKf3.jpg

A

sk and ye shall receive.

Here's a picture of it, but my name isn't in it. I could always just tag it and send another one come this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I have my pic ready to post, but Photobucket sucks and it's not letting me upload it.  I'll have to post it tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this