Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

I'm not sure I'm interested in this game and I'm a MAJOR D

I don't know if it was answered haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but kids time is when anyone can log in regardless of subscription status and enjoy the benefits of the online game.

Oh also, yeah lots of heated discussions when these posts crop up. It's one of those things we get with any DQ until it is localized and released. DQX is a mmo, and Ryan touches a nerve for those of us who grew up with the series loved it, and always wanted to share that.

What's better than a DQ fan? Hundreds of thousands of them together playing what they love.

Exactly, and I wish the supposed "Fans" who bash against DQX understood that. But generally, players who see the mmo tag, or a relatively cheap subscription, seems to just automatically hate on the game for all the most idiotic illogical reasons. Anyway, Well said Ashes. 

There are a lot of assumptions in there and, while I can understand your frustration at my post, I don't appreciate the way you're talking about me. I stated my reasons and those were my reasons. You don't have to like or accept them but to resort to the tired and VERY immature accusation of  "nott a troo fan!!!!111eleven11!!!" nonsense and calling my reasons idiotic? Stop right there--I won't stand for that.

I wasn't disrespectful to anyone in this thread and you don't have a right to be disrespectful to me, do you understand?

And your assuming I am talking about you.  Now who's disrespectful? Be very careful trying to backlash against me, those who were not gets crushed by logic, every single time. 

Protip, bashing against the game in the topic of a perfectly reasonable subscription fee, specially since a sub fee is NEEDED for many reasons, or bashing the game because of "omg graphics!" is the same as being disrespectful, to fans of the series, at least to me.  

Do you understand?  Believe me, if I wanted to be disrespectful to you, ya would feel it. 

Edited by Alexandrious

I don't know if it was answered haven't had a chance to read all the posts, but kids time is when anyone can log in regardless of subscription status and enjoy the benefits of the online game.

Oh also, yeah lots of heated discussions when these posts crop up. It's one of those things we get with any DQ until it is localized and released. DQX is a mmo, and Ryan touches a nerve for those of us who grew up with the series loved it, and always wanted to share that.

What's better than a DQ fan? Hundreds of thousands of them together playing what they love.

Exactly, and I wish the supposed "Fans" who bash against DQX understood that. But generally, players who see the mmo tag, or a relatively cheap subscription, seems to just automatically hate on the game for all the most idiotic illogical reasons. Anyway, Well said Ashes. 

There are a lot of assumptions in there and, while I can understand your frustration at my post, I don't appreciate the way you're talking about me. I stated my reasons and those were my reasons. You don't have to like or accept them but to resort to the tired and VERY immature accusation of  "nott a troo fan!!!!111eleven11!!!" nonsense and calling my reasons idiotic? Stop right there--I won't stand for that.

I wasn't disrespectful to anyone in this thread and you don't have a right to be disrespectful to me, do you understand?

And your assuming I am talking about you.  Now who's disrespectful? Be very careful trying to backlash against me, those who were not gets crushed by logic, every single time. 

Protip, bashing against the game in the topic of a perfectly reasonable subscription fee, specially since a sub fee is NEEDED for many reasons, or bashing the game because of "omg graphics!" is the same as being disrespectful, to fans of the series, at least to me.  

Do you understand?  Believe me, if I wanted to be disrespectful to you, ya would feel it. 

How you perceive it and what I'm actually doing are two very different things. I acknowledged more than once that I wasn't trying to offend anyone and admitted that my opinion may frustrate some. That is NOT the same as being deliberately snide/sarcastic toward someone. 

Regardless of whether you lumped me in with your post or not, your post was aimed directly at people who criticize X. That, unlike my post, IS taking a deliberate poke at critics of the game and quite assumptive in nature. It's sarcastic, snide and insulting to people.

And you overestimate your position--I've been chewed out and even threatened online by the best of them and it's never bothered me as I don't take the internet seriously enough to allow it to these days. So, please spare me the "Be very careful--you'd know it if I were being rude to you" line. It's overplayed on the internet these days and does little to impress me.

• Upvote 1

How you perceive it and what I'm actually doing are two very different things. I acknowledged more than once that I wasn't trying to offend anyone and admitted that my opinion may frustrate some. That is NOT the same as being deliberately snide/sarcastic toward someone. 

Regardless of whether you lumped me in with your post or not, your post was aimed directly at people who criticize X. That, unlike my post, IS taking a deliberate poke at critics of the game and quite assumptive in nature. It's sarcastic, snide and insulting to people.

And you overestimate your position--I've been chewed out and even threatened online by the best of them and it's never bothered me as I don't take the internet seriously enough to allow it to these days. So, please spare me the "Be very careful--you'd know it if I were being rude to you" line. It's overplayed on the internet these days and does little to impress me.

Im not overestimating anything.  Nor do I care about impressing you, be careful from now on when you do any sort of critique on the game.  Subscriptions are the best thing you can do for an MMO so long as it can be sustained by such for good reason.  And thus, anyone who cries about it, usually do not know what they are talking about, nor how silly it is to condemn an MMO because it has a subscription. 9.99 a month is nothing, 15.99 a month is still nothing.  I seen plenty of players who play the F2P mmos, alot of em cash grabs, and smile, laugh and play, thinking its all great, until they come up against a paywall, or a problem, or they wanna advance quicker but needs to spend money doing so.  By then they got so sucked into the game, they always, ALWAYS, pay WAY more to the cash shop, then they would have paying a subscription for an entire 2 even 10 years.  I seen players spend THOUSANDS of dollars into the cash shop, to fuel their addiction, that cash shop, only being there because its needed to keep the game running and make a profit, as well as dictating the quantity and quality of the content.  a Sub based MMO, mostly does not have that problem so long as its doing well enough to cover costs and profit a little.

Their are many benefits to a sub mmo vs a F2P mmo, but I dont feel like going into it today.  Ill just leave you with this for now.  As to educate you kiddo.  Do not haphazardly go around complaining about sub fees on whatever mmo you decide to look at.  F2P is actually on the decline now that more and more of the general population realizes what F2P actually does to a mmo, and to their wallets.   

Critique the music, critique the story, critique the gameplay system on DQX.  But do not go bashing the game saying its bad or no good based on Graphics, or the subscription.  Experienced long time gamers, mmo players, will burn you. I will burn you.  Nothing disgusts me more than when a MMO is criticized on either of those two topics, same goes for any long term experienced mmo player.  Thats the fastest way to get yourself downvoted and likely falsely banned from a forum or discussion board such as reddit or anything hosted by Discus etc when it concerns mmos, or any game in general specially when it comes to graphics/animations. 

Im not overestimating anything.  Nor do I care about impressing you, be careful from now on when you do any sort of critique on the game.  Subscriptions are the best thing you can do for an MMO so long as it can be sustained by such for good reason.  And thus, anyone who cries about it, usually do not know what they are talking about, nor how silly it is to condemn an MMO because it has a subscription. 9.99 a month is nothing, 15.99 a month is still nothing.  I seen plenty of players who play the F2P mmos, alot of em cash grabs, and smile, laugh and play, thinking its all great, until they come up against a paywall, or a problem, or they wanna advance quicker but needs to spend money doing so.  By then they got so sucked into the game, they always, ALWAYS, pay WAY more to the cash shop, then they would have paying a subscription for an entire 2 even 10 years.  I seen players spend THOUSANDS of dollars into the cash shop, to fuel their addiction, that cash shop, only being there because its needed to keep the game running and make a profit, as well as dictating the quantity and quality of the content.  a Sub based MMO, mostly does not have that problem so long as its doing well enough to cover costs and profit a little.

Their are many benefits to a sub mmo vs a F2P mmo, but I dont feel like going into it today.  Ill just leave you with this for now.  As to educate you kiddo.  Do not haphazardly go around complaining about sub fees on whatever mmo you decide to look at.  F2P is actually on the decline now that more and more of the general population realizes what F2P actually does to a mmo, and to their wallets.   

Critique the music, critique the story, critique the gameplay system on DQX.  But do not go bashing the game saying its bad or no good based on Graphics, or the subscription.  Experienced long time gamers, mmo players, will burn you. I will burn you.  Nothing disgusts me more than when a MMO is criticized on either of those two topics, same goes for any long term experienced mmo player.  Thats the fastest way to get yourself downvoted and likely falsely banned from a forum or discussion board such as reddit or anything hosted by Discus etc when it concerns mmos, or any game in general specially when it comes to graphics/animations. 

I will criticize whatever I see fit, thank you very much. This is a forum for discussion and ALL forms of discussion are allowed--not just praise. If I want to criticize a payment system, I shall. If I want to judge the quality of a game based on such conditions, I shall. If I want to question the merits of a MMO or its inclusion in a long-running franchise, I will. 

I'm neither here for a popularity contest, nor am I here to make friends--I'm here to discuss my favorite RPG franchise with fellow fans and for pleasant conversation, if possible.

If you choose to burn someone for criticizing a product, that's your choice, but I won't be doing the same. That's downright immature, wrong and uncalled for. All opinions are welcome here and your choosing to burn people for holding an opinion you don't like is, quite frankly, an asinine thing to do. This is your attitude toward people--fine. My response will be an appropriate one--to refrain from any further discussion with you. Posters like you are, quite frankly, the reason many people leave game forums. People take these things FAR too seriously...

At any rate, I won't converse with you again. Reply if you like--I won't answer you after this post. You are a highly unpleasant person to deal with and, had I not had the help I had from the other posters in this thread, I would have been turned off from this game altogether because of your attitude.

You're one poster I won't regret never speaking to again. :thumbsup:

Edited by ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega
  • Upvote 5