Sign in to follow this  
cprmauldin

What are you reading?

Just started reading Dune.

I feel like I'm in a little over my head.

Sent from my MotoPod

Dune is tied as one of my favorite novels of all time, in any genre.  The language can be weird at times, and the new world he paints takes some getting used to, but that's just how Frank Herbert would write.  I also have to forgive his bias against gays ( the main villain is the worst kind of homosexual as well as the worst kid of person ) for the sake of one of the most potent stories I've ever read.

I read it and understood about 75% percent of it when I was 14, that was 24 years ago.  I have trust that you can work through it.

Read the first volume of Battle Angel Alita last night.

Gonna start the second volume when I get home.

I'm reading Claymore. Game of Thrones got me in the mood for medieval manga, so I ironically put Clash of Kings on hold to read it again. It's basically female Berserk but with less tragedy and rape. Arguably more boobs? Better art though.

I'm reading Claymore. Game of Thrones got me in the mood for medieval manga, so I ironically put Clash of Kings on hold to read it again. It's basically female Berserk but with less tragedy and rape. Arguably more boobs? Better art though.

da89907603b4f0108993b5b1ef942615.jpg Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

That link is such a mash of letters, numbers, and dots, I don't trust clicking it without ending up on some Indonesian vore site. 

That link is such a mash of letters, numbers, and dots, I don't trust clicking it without ending up on some Indonesian vore site.

(How did he know)

You seem like that kind of person that would like those things.

Kings have interesting taste.

Kings have interesting taste.
I was doing scientific research.

Since this about reading, do fanfics count, and yes, I mean those kind.

• Upvote 1

Here's what I'm reading. Kill me now. 98642091b0ebcd9da5b13a95e3248dee.jpg

Apparently quotation marks didn't do so well on the school printer.

I've been reading Berserk recently, it's been quite a ride. I got interested in it from seeing some of the promos of the new anime(which is meh at best). Think Game of Thrones, but anime.

Oh hi Tokyo Ghoul!

Literally posted that a minute after my joke in the progress topic. It's like we're in sync.

We're like Kuro and Shiro, except for the whole merged-to-one's-stomach thing.

We're like Guts and Griffith except for the... actually never mind.

No, ESPECIALLY for the...actually never mind.

Naked water fights aren't really my thing.

You're missing out.

Naked water fights aren't really my thing.

Guess you shouldn't watch Keijo!!!!!!!! or read Hantsu x Trash.

Lords of The North - Saxon Tales Book 3, from Bernard Cornwell.

The first two books are awesome. Sometimes Cornwell focus too much on the mundane aspects of life in Britain back in the old days. It's not unusual for him to spend 10 pages describing daily activities of the characters, which will make no impact on the story whatsover. I believe he is doing this just to make you feel more close to the caracters, more attached to them. Kinda works, but sometimes it's boring as hell.

I have to confess that I'm having a hard time reading this one. But I expect to finish it as soon as possible and go read something else for a while.

Lords of The North - Saxon Tales Book 3, from Bernard Cornwell.

He sounds so familiar, but looking at his website I cannot fathom why.

5 volumes into Battle Angel Alita now. I started GTO as well, 3 volumes in. Both fantastic manga.

i need these after staring at a computer screen 40+ hours a week.

I've been slowly working through the Lords of the Rings trilogy. One of my college friends had received two copies of the entire trilogy (in a single big book) and before he moved he gave me one of the two since he didn't want two of the same book. Its been sitting on my bookshelf for a long while now, and after seeing the first two Peter Jackson films I decided it's time I read these books.

So far my favorite line has been, "The art of Gandalf improved with age." I don't know why but I found that line pretty funny.

• Upvote 1

I've been slowly working through the Lords of the Rings trilogy. One of my college friends had received two copies of the entire trilogy (in a single big book) and before he moved he gave me one of the two since he didn't want two of the same book. Its been sitting on my bookshelf for a long while now, and after seeing the first two Peter Jackson films I decided it's time I read these books.

So far my favorite line has been, "The art of Gandalf improved with age." I don't know why but I found that line pretty funny.

He's like a fine wine.

Just started reading the Fellowship of the Ring myself after having recently finished The Hobbit.  Had never read these before despite having seen and enjoyed the movies.

• Upvote 1