What are you reading?

It's not a hard choice. It's an easy one. Mitsuru. The answer is Mitsuru. I don't care about Yukari and her daddy issues. Well, mommy issues. But that doesn't have the same ring to it.

I'm so proud of you, eal.

*sheds a tear*

Chihiro also would've been an acceptable answer.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished Book Four from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time and Started Book Five, Fires From Heaven. 

It's still really funny and I feel like it's gotten even more absurd than ever before, but the current arc is moving really slow for some reason. It feels like it's near the end, but then something ha

Finished Fires of Heaven (Book 5, Wheel of Time) Began Lord of Chaos (Book 6, Wheel of Time)

Posted Images

I'm surprised one of you didn't say Elizabeth. I figured Persona fans loved her to death.

Is it because of her boss battle? Being destroyed by a 9999 Megidolaon would make me hate her too.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I won't fight you. I agree. One of these days I'll buy that Chie figure I see at every convention. The one with her wearing the P3 school uniform. Until then, I'm content with my Marie one.

I always preferred Margaret of the two. Her track in P4D really helped endear me to her as well.

I love Margaret. I occasionally even ship her with Yu.

On the subject of Persona 4.

Chie is best girl fight me.

I half agree, but the existence of Naoto is a big hurdle for Chie to clear.

For the last month or two I've been reading Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series.  It's set in a fantasy world where a certain class of people exist called Allomancers, whom can consume certain metals to perform feats of power.  Pewter, for one example makes an Allomancer stronger and healthier, where tin makes their senses sharper.  The most often used powers are iron and steel. Iron lets an allomancer pull metals towards them (or themselves towards metals, if they're anchored or the metal object is simply heavier than they), and steel lets them push their weight against metals.  Using metal pushes and pulls off lampposts, door hinges, and even coins they drop on the ground, allomancers can bound about like Spider Man.

These powers were granted to the nobility by an immortal tyrant called the Lord Ruler, whose oppressive Final Empire has lasted the past 1,000 years.  Seven volcanoes spew ash that blots the sun and the peasantry (in this book, they are called skaa) labor achingly until the mysterious mists come out at night.

A half-noble allomancer named Kelsier finds a young street urchin girl named Vin, and trains her in the proper use of her own hidden allomancy powers to make her part of his daring thieving crew.  Their aim is to steal a precious metal from the Lord Ruler, and if possible, assassinate him.  However, the Lord Ruler's Steel Inquisitors, and his dreaded army of ogre-like Koloss, are waiting to put down any form of rebellion as they have the past millenium...

I always preferred Margaret of the two. Her track in P4D really helped endear me to her as well.

The only thing that stands in Chie's way Yukiko.

Yukiko is also a trash-tier waifu. I love her social link, "I don't want to be trapped at the inn my whole life. Oh, people there rely on me and care about me, so I guess I should just stay at the inn."

The only thing that stands in Chie's way Yukiko.

Yukiko is cool and all, but she's got nothing on Naoto.

P4 waifu ranking:

1. Naoto/Chie

2. Ai

3. Rise

4. Yukiko

5. Yumi

6. Ayane

Haven't played Golden, so I'm not comfortable ranking Marie.

Ugh. You have terrible taste. Ai? She's a horrible person. And Yumi's social link was so uncomfortable. And Ayane? It's amazing I even know who that is. She is so forgettable. Honestly, none of the non-playable women were worth romancing. I really like Sayoko's, but you can't romance her. 

P4's girls aren't exactly the best, in terms of non-playables. You got a better order that isn't just party member girls=best and all others=$#!&, post it. Now, P3 has great girls all around.

P3 waifu ranking:

1. Mitsuru

2. Chihiro

3. Fuuka

4. Yukari

5. Yuko

Haven't personally seen Elizabeth's or Aigis' links, so I'll be quiet on those.

Off the top of my head, only three NPCs are romancable. Ai, Yumi, and Ayane. Ai is unbearable, Yumi is uncomfortable, and Ayane is just...there. So I can't really come up with best girls that aren't playable, if the only three available aren't any good in my opinion. The social links that don't result in romance are generally stronger.

Couple of things:

- Ai is a bit of a deeper character than she initially appears. Not by a crazy amount, but it's there. She does show growth in her link, too, not to mention it tries to trick the player into a doomed relationship, which is actually not such a dick move.

- Exactly which parts of Yumi's link makes you uncomfortable? I'm pretty sure it's meant to, but that's a good thing considering character development stuff.

- Ayane does have an arc, though.

The Ai debate can be boiled down to how I also feel about Maribel: just because she has some growth or has a different side than what she shows, that doesn't make her less insufferable. As for Yumi, being thrust into an uncomfortable situation doesn't make for character growth. What was it, four encounters before you suddenly end up in a hospital each time with her while she visits her father?

And then you're literally standing in a corner while she has a heart-to-heart with him before he dies? wtf.

I never said Ayane didn't have an arc. She's just sort of in the game and that's it. Nothing about her social link leaps out and there's nothing about her character as a whole that stands out.

Edited by eal

Currently reading Dracula vs. Hitler.

It's exactly what is sounds like.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4

The Ai debate can be boiled down to how I also feel about Maribel: just because she has some growth or has a different side than what she shows, that doesn't make her less insufferable. As for Yumi, being thrust into an uncomfortable situation doesn't make for character growth. What was it, four encounters before you suddenly end up in a hospital each time with her while she visits her father?

And then you're literally standing in a corner while she has a heart-to-heart with him before he dies? wtf.

I never said Ayane didn't have an arc. She's just sort of in the game and that's it. Nothing about her social link leaps out and there's nothing about her character as a whole that stands out.

As far as Ai is concerned, it sounds like you just ignore her growth because she's difficult in the beginning. If I'm wrong, my bad, but that's what it sounds like.

It's all about empathy. Sayoko starts off as a seductress but her social link balanced her out with a bit of humor. Naoki is a dick, but even before you started his social link, you had a good idea why he was like that. And if I remember correctly Yuta was a brat, but his stepmom was trying so hard to connect with him. There was something there that made me like them and that helped endear me to them, despite the way they were in the beginning. Ai is melodramatic and craves affection and attention from someone, anyone so long as it has a positive effect on her status. But just because she changed I should like her? If I didn't care about them why should I be glad they improved themselves?

• 3 weeks later...

Just started reading Dune.

I feel like I'm in a little over my head.

Sent from my MotoPod

Sent from my MotoPod

I feel like this may be my entire next year's commute. Sci-fi has become more interesting than most else again to me.

Sent from my MotoPod

You must not fear. Fear is the mind killer.

Sent from my MotoPod

You must not fear. Fear is the mind killer.
But it's the only thing TO fear.

Sci-Fi seems to be a genre that has a natural resiliency against stagnation. While other genres often retread the same ground with the same ideas, a lot of sci-fi is innovative and every growing... Of course, I'm generalizing here.

Sci-fi has always been more satiating to me on a mental level. Other genres can be fun time-killers or stories that appeal to the more immediate or thrilling of the senses.

That's the best way I can explain it.

Sent from my MotoPod

I'm reading Baptism of Fire, which is part of The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski.  I played Witcher 3 last summer and fell in love with the story and characters, so I'm going to read all the books, then play the first two games.  Great reading if anyone was thinking about picking them up.  The first two books are a collection of short stories, while the rest are proper novels.

Edited by Cain