What are you reading?

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Anyone read the Star Wars: Infinities series? I'm looking into getting the trade of it which includes 8 issues of "The Star Wars" which is a rendition of the original screenplay for Star Wars. I can get them a bit cheaper separately but the site I'm ordering from has it listed as "special order" and they have to get it from somewhere else before they can ship it to me. I don't want to get 2 or 3 of the books and not be able to get one for whatever reason. Might just suck it up and buy the trade since they have it in stock at one of their stores. 

I ended up getting this for Christmas and have read the first "book". It's after A New Hope and it was pretty cool. The story kind of follows the other movies and they even include lines from the movies. I like the premise of the next one where Luke ends up dying on Hoth.

• Like 1
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished Book Four from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time and Started Book Five, Fires From Heaven. 

It's still really funny and I feel like it's gotten even more absurd than ever before, but the current arc is moving really slow for some reason. It feels like it's near the end, but then something ha

Finished Fires of Heaven (Book 5, Wheel of Time) Began Lord of Chaos (Book 6, Wheel of Time)

Posted Images

I’m reading The Once and Future King, and a co-worker got salty with me today because I mentioned that Lancelot and Guinevere fall in love and that I spoiled the book he planned on getting back to eventually. A book that, by the way, is not only over 60 years old, but is based on another book of King Arthur mythology over 500 years old.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Finished off the Rama series during my commutes this past school year and now eager to get back into more audiobooks.

Listening to John Grisham's Camino Winds. I enjoyed the first book in that small series and 25% into this one, I'm hooked again. Then again, they're set on a barrier island in Florida. I grew up on a barrier island in Florida.

Got a couple Dean Koontz books also & think I'll give the first Discworld a try.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:01 PM, cprmauldin said:

Onto Crown of Swords, Seventh book of The Wheel of Time. 

Finished that one and now I'm almost finished with Path of Daggers, then it'll be time for Winter's Heart. 

Unfortunately the damn publisher decided to switch the design up and so now the latter part of my collection is going to look different...oh well. 

Humble Bundle has a really good bundle of Image comics, including Snotgirl, Black Science, Redlands, some volumes of Invincible, Sex Criminals, Low, and Revival, which is a personal favorite of mine. Of the comics I haven’t read yet, I’m looking forward to Ice Cream Man, Unnatural, Pretty Deadly, Monstress, God Country, Curse Words, and My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After rereading Dragon Quest Monsters+ Book 1 & 2 for the Slime Time podcast (and recalling they take like 30-40 minutes each) I read through Books 3, 4, and 5 this week. Book 4 started getting odd. Book 5 was honestly just a mess. Honestly, sad to say about the entire series, but it doesn't have a plot that flows easily. It's a monstery fanservice series (don't worry, there's nudity too, so fanservice fanservice). Lots of cute moments, but mid-Book-4 and then Book 5 is a hot mess.

It’s spooky book season!

Last year, I read Grady Hendrix’s superb nonfiction book about the era of 70s-80s trashy horror novels, and one of the books he talked about Let’s Go Play at the Adams’ stuck out to me. It’s also an incredibly rare and sought after book that’s decades and decades out of print after a lukewarm reception. Well, not anymore! It got a reprint thanks in part to Hendrix’s book, and now I have it in my hands. Can’t wait to read it!

• 1 month later...

Oh my god, is Marvel finally fixing One More Day, the storyline where Spider-Man trades his marriage to Mary Jane to the Marvel Universe’s version of the Devil to save his Aunt May’s life? Only took them 13 years.

• Like 1

About 200 pages shy of finishing Winter's Heart (Book 9) then onto Crossroads of Twilight (Book 10). 

Friends have told be the series slows down at this point in terms of action. They were correct. Looking forward to the pendulum swinging back into action.  

Since Halloween I’ve read the first four Harry Potter books and I’m rolling now on Order of the Phoenix. This is definitely a roadblock. It is just so damn long. Close to 900 pages.

• Like 1

Currently reading Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not really reading, but on my last two drives to Terre Haute I listened to First Grave on the Right and Second Grave on the Left, first one was borderline romance novel, but I find them funny, and the T-Shirt and bumper stickers she finds to begin each chapter are quite funny my favorite so far is "You can't fix stupid . . . but you can numb it with a 2x4" ;) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Godfather was a big disappointment. It read like an old pulp magazine. The film is so much better.

It's probably the case a little more often than people like to admit. 
Novels are usually better because they can go into more detail and can create mental images that the biggest movie budget can't match up to.

However in this case, the novel came off a poorly written detective magazine from the 40s. The film really saved The Godfather from mediocrity.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve finished Winter’s Heart and have dived into Crossroads of Twilight (Book Ten). According to fans of the series, these two books are the real trudge before the exciting last few books.

While I admit they’re a bit slow compared to the others, I’m so deep into the world and characters that I’m still enjoying the read. 

• Like 1