Sign in to follow this  
Dark Slime

Screw all of you

Screw all of you I am not gonna let someone tell me that I cant be over excited about my favorite series releasing a bunch of new games. I have been a fan of this series since it first came to the US back in 1989 when I was a real little kid. I'm not gonna let you people try to ruin my lifelong appreciation for Dragon Quest.

I will keep on enjoying this series without you people. The ones complaining were probably a bunch of fake poser fans anyway who haven't played much else besides DQ9.

I will take my Dragon Quest business elsewhere, you are your ban/lock hammers dont scare me, and wont make me stop loving this series.

Is this about Platty telling you to cool it on all the topics? Kind of an unnecessarily volatile reaction. I'm guilty of one or two topics myself that didn't need to be made, so I didn't mind what he asked. It's not that big a deal.

• Upvote 1

OK...this is a bit sudden.  What exactly happened?  I don't see any extra topics, but one thing I can tell you is that being a private board, one thing the creator tends to like is to keep the community as a whole happy, and one of those elements is keeping a pretty clear and clean board.  Most small communities tend to prefer limited topics.  Like...make your own, dump all your desired talking points in there, or make one a week, or if something truly deserves/requires its own topic, like a wholly separate talking point.

I'm not sure if that's really the issue, as Sword seems to suggest, as I can't find anything suggesting anyone berating you, but it's not exactly fair to lambast an entire community.  It's also more mature if you have an issue, just make a topic about it, see how people respond, have a dialogue if you feel slighted at all.  I find that's easier.  There are definitely times I've wanted to leave here, though generally it's because I feel like I'm the jerk making people feel uncomfortable, but that's due to a history of generally having strong opinions, and being told afterwards that others feel uncomfortable sharing their own around me, despite that I respond rather favourably in front of the same people, to others sharing theirs, even if it's entirely different.

We're all human, jumping the gun and getting all fired up is part of it, but sometimes it's best to cool the jets, get your head on straight a bit, before making a decision.  I certainly know from experience I've done a lot of stupid things after feeling hurt/maimed/attacked, including outright flaming people on forums, assuming the worst, when really it's a small misunderstanding, and a simple dialogue after letting my jets cool down would have solved it.

So, I'll say this...sleep on it, come back tomorrow, and if you still feel like giving a middle finger, go for it, but if you really want to be part of the community at all, then maybe you'll feel better and more comfortable having a more civil discussion?  No?

• Upvote 1

WOW! I've been playing DQ since 1989 as well, but if I called someone a poser due to less exposure, I'd be quite the especial touch hole.

Listen son, nobody is impressed by the fact someone has been in a fandom longer, and frankly people who do that are pathetic little $#!&tards that compensate their meaninglessness by being part of an "in" crowd. Sadly, they tend do get looked at as fringe. Don't mean to insult anyone hear, but that culture is why I seldom invite anyone at my local game store to my place to play MTG. Their culture is not mine aside from games.

No offense to anyone here, but your post embodies why I detest nerd culture. Pathetic watching a social outcast rant and rave while pretending their fandom bears merit.

I don't rip on anyone for liking hip hop, liking Star Trek or digging anything else I personally detest. But when you get to the point you $#!&@ like a toddler and act like a fandom makes you an important member of society, you've hit rock bottom.

• Upvote 3

Make sure to submit your ticket to Square Enix to localize DQX on your way out! Let's get more Dragon Quest games to be over excited about localized!

• Upvote 5

Wow... this is bizarre.  Not to mention distressing, and unwelcome.  What brought this on?

Whatevs.  Find balance and acceptance elsewhere, you wont find it here, with that hair-trigger temper.

Still, good luck wherever you go. 

I simply asked that you not create a new topic for each individual little event or question about DQVII. We've asked that and created big general topics on the Den like our Pokemon (forgive the pun) catch-all, "What's new with you", and DQMSL questions topics. I apologize if you took that as some sort of insult. Just asked please.

Make sure to submit your ticket to Square Enix to localize DQX on your way out! Let's get more Dragon Quest games to be over excited about localized!

I like this guy. I need to find time to do this myself.
  • Upvote 3

Wow... this is bizarre.  Not to mention distressing, and unwelcome.  What brought this on?

Whatevs.  Find balance and acceptance elsewhere, you wont find it here, with that hair-trigger temper.

Still, good luck wherever you go.

I have no room to talk as far as hair trigger temper. I feel bad for going overboard on my own post, and frankly I want to apologize for my own statements. Had me a bad day, and when I saw that poser statement I blew my cork.

Seriously, what the hell is it about fandoms that bring about this holier than thou attitude?

"Oh, so you're a fan of something! Congrats! You know which Jedi scratched his balls in scene 3 of the first movie. You have the right to gloat since the Queen of England found you worthy of getting the key to the whole damn country of France. Go ahead with the moronic insults like noob and fanboy. You've earned it since you know which Jedi had jock itch."

And sorry if this sounds judgemental, but between video games sites, MTG sites and the egotistical weirdos I've met at my local game store, I just see a lot of it in the nerd realm. No, not everyone there, but enough for me to just wanna say that the reasons that D&D have a negative stigma have nothing to do with the religious over-zealotry of the early 80s. Its fine to have an opinion, a passion etc, but man, it just permeates gaming so much.

So if people feel like calling me a sheep humper, feel free. The life which I embrace has some lowlives too. I have a tattoo of the famous Yosemite Sam "Back off!" mudflap. Feel free to mock me for it. But I don't have any friends who spam boards deliberately insulting everyone as posers.

• Upvote 1

So this is why he's called Dark slime...

It's really bizzare and trigger tempering.

• Upvote 1

Well....this is...interesting to say the least. If you really feel that way that I doubt any of us will stop you, and I'm sure nobody will think bad of you if you later decide to come back. Either way take care of yourself :)

• Upvote 1

Well,i'm asexual and because some people insult me and call me demoniac , that doesn't mean i'll leave this world because some cristians are triggered,there's a lot of people worth it outside,

Pretty much the same here,you are leaving because someone just warned you about a mistake you made,i don't think you have to leave for that.

Edited by Toonadri

Well....this is...interesting to say the least. If you really feel that way that I doubt any of us will stop you, and I'm sure nobody will think bad of you if you later decide to come back. Either way take care of yourself :)

Big slimey open arms!  

Or really not, they don't have arms... we'll just kiss and make up!  :kiss:

• Upvote 1

Wow, what the truck?

• Upvote 3

I don't rip on anyone for liking hip hop, liking Star Trek or digging anything else I personally detest.

You should. Kanye wouldn't have become the monster he is today if we'd properly shamed him and his followers.

• Upvote 5