SomaQz

Dragon Quest X - Localization Campaign

Managed to expose quite alot to how DQX really is before the mods shut it down due to it being unrelated to the board, and even calling it spam.  Ill create several accounts on different IPs as necessary to keep the post up on builders and DQ7 board for at least awhile.  

More exposure to the reality of what DQX really is the better.  I am more than willing to take on all the hard and frustrating parts.  Soma, Liam, everyone, lets keep at it.

Still going strong. Mission Atelier is starting its event as well.

Very nice. Really curious how square is going to react to all this. At this rate they will have to acknowledge it at some point.

• Upvote 1

Lets keep it up and make those DQX comments on the Nintendo and Dragon Quest facebook posts.

Gotta steal their hearts! :P

S05_chara.png

Edited by Alexandrious

I just tweeted Jon Tron himself, who did a "Did you know gaming" for Dragon Quest.  Asking him if he can make some posts on the nintendo and Dragon Quest facebooks, it would garner attention, he has alot of fans.  Hope he responds back to me. 

Excellent, we just need to keep spreading the word and hitting places as needed. 

Ill need to hit gamefaqs again in a bit.  Its hard dealing with the children who moderate the boards, but its well worth it for DQX. 

It has been a while huh? 

I decided that personally, I want to push people to send in letters now. Made a Tumblr post that will hopefully get some people to send in letters.

Also, I got in contact with some people and managed to get RPGSite to RT this post again. I hope it can hit 800 RTs! Maybe 1K if we wanna get real wild. 

I know DQX is getting a lil old for y'all but I still have the passion to push for localization. I have no idea where it's from but I want to treasure it while it lasts. 

Edited by Imutone

I figured with the upcoming VIII launch there'll be more traffic regarding it, which would be the best time to go and spread word of this campaign again! I'm down for bringing this up again with a new Dragon Quest release C:

It seems like it's going to happen.

It seems like it's going to happen.

Did you hear any news from Square Enix or something? I know 15K is a big number but let's be safe and say around 1/3 of those views actually submitted tickets. While 5,000 is a LOT of tickets, I don't know if that's quite enough for SE. 

Hi all! I sent them a message awhile back and got a slightly different response to the others. Still seems valid, but it's a bit strange in comparison to the others, considering I didn't exactly post about them adding anything to the series, but rather asked nicely that they bring DQX to the West.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We do appreciate your suggestion toward our Dragon Quest titles. Although we cannot guarantee it being implemented in future projects, it will be forwarded to the appropriate department. I thank you for you contacting us today and hope you continue to enjoy playing our games.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Hope I wasn't too late to the party.

Edited by Bosch

Hi all! I sent them a message awhile back and got a slightly different response to the others. Still seems valid, but it's a bit strange in comparison to the others, considering I didn't exactly post about them adding anything to the series, but rather asked nicely that they bring DQX to the West.

We do appreciate your suggestion toward our Dragon Quest titles. Although we cannot guarantee it being implemented in future projects, it will be forwarded to the appropriate department. I thank you for you contacting us today and hope you continue to enjoy playing our games.

You're only too late when E3 comes around!

That IS a bit odd. Maybe they wanted to correct that demand doesn't exactly ensure localization. That or they want to let you know that a human is reading these. 

Thanks for sharing! 

I called about this and they told me the varying responses are because each individual submission is being read by a live person. They are elevating each request to the next level so the developers can see them. The person at Square Enix also said they can't give me numbers but they did not expect the level of dedication us fans have to this and they can't imagine the amount of requests being less than what got DQVII localized. We are definitely on the right track!

• Upvote 3

They can't imagine the amount of requests is less than what got DQVII localized?! Really?! Woah, that's awesome! :D

Just got a letter back from Nintendo!

To sum up, they thanked me for my passion for DQ, apologized the letter was so late since I shipped it to Japan not the US. The roman numerals were goofed when they talked about DQVII and VIII, but you can tell they tried! 

The letter will be forward to the appropriate department and I got a compliment on my art! Also a cute Peach bookmark and postcard. 

Here's a photo! 

C4BwUPfW8AAYXor.jpg

Edited by Imutone

That's amazing how you got a letter back from Nintendo, I think your starting to win them over.

Wow! Congratulations, Imutone! That's really cool! :D

I love the positivity Nintendo and Square Enix are showing to the campaign. It really does sound like they're listening. :) And hey, VII and VIII are out now, so what DQ game will they localize next? Here's hoping it's X! 

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1

Here's a proper scan if you want to read the letter yourself! 

C4B1MFMWQAAYOxy.jpg

This is great! Definitely a good omen for sure. If nothing else, nobody can say the community didn't try, right?

Got a letter from Square Enix today. I actually got a few but this one had the most words on it. 

I'll be honest: I wasn't expecting anything. Wonder what the hell SE is thinking about right now. 

C8C3nP5W4AAHhTU.jpg

• Upvote 1

If it's one of their most beloved franchises, then why didn't they bring us all the other 3DS titles?

Bah.

• Upvote 1

If it's one of their most beloved franchises, then why didn't they bring us all the other 3DS titles?

Bah.

Yeah, Square Enix is confusing and aggravating. I guess all we can do is wait and see what on Earth they are planning to do from here on out.  

Woah, that's some funky grammar on that. 

Not really expecting it at this point, as much as I'd love it. Nintendo says this E3 will be "big" for them and the Switch, so who knows- maybe it'll get announced there? Likely not, but who knows? We can hope at least. :)

Edited by gooieooie

Whether it's on Switch or PS4, I'll get it. I've no interest in a DQ MMORPG, but I would but it to support the series.

Whether it's on Switch or PS4, I'll get it. I've no interest in a DQ MMORPG, but I would but it to support the series.

Ditto. Give me some 3DS titles with Nintendo's support!