SomaQz

Dragon Quest X - Localization Campaign

This should be a happy thread of hopes and dreams. :(

So realistically, when can we expect some form of answer on this ? (upcoming jp event ? E3 ?)

I don't expect something this year, but at same time know if this takes too long, the chances of localization will be practically nil (if it isn't already).

Edited by Monztamash

This should be a happy thread of hopes and dreams. :(

So realistically, when can we expect some form of answer on this ? (upcoming jp event ? E3 ?)

I don't expect something this year, but at same time know if this takes too long, the chances of localization will be practically nil (if it isn't already).

To be honest, I don't know when we will hear anything definitive. I'm tired of Square Enix doing and saying the same thing about localizing any Dragon Quest game in the West though. If they only say they will consider localization to rouse fans but not actually consider it, this campaign will put an end to that awful bluff. The thing is, they DID localize DQVII and DQVIII because of fan requests. So I believe Square Enix when they say they will consider X even if they've said it once a year since 2012.

This is the most crucial time for us as fans to pick up and push the campaign harder for a couple reasons. The timing is perfect: localization in China, DQ Builders release, DQVII success; It's a response to Square Enix saying publicly they would consider with enough requests; XI is in development; mmorpg's had a spike in profits this fiscal year. This is quite possibly, our only chance to get X in the West and for it to be successful. Realistically, we can't sit around and wait for them to respond. 

• Upvote 3

Done and done! I'm also gonna try and send this to my friends and link this to other forums and websites as well to see if anyone will sign! Dragon Quest X is a very unique MMORPG, which I believe because of how different it is that may be a reason why it can be successful. 

Done and done! I'm also gonna try and send this to my friends and link this to other forums and websites as well to see if anyone will sign! Dragon Quest X is a very unique MMORPG, which I believe because of how different it is that may be a reason why it can be successful. 

Thank you! Yes please get as many people as you can to put in tickets! DQX is the mmo people didn't know existed that they want. Literally, they complain about WoW and FFXIV following the same formula and want what DQX has to offer. They just don't know about DQX. :D

We have better chance than with Sega and PSO2 that's for sure.

I gave up on that and Sega years ago.

Repeating a post I just made to Reddit:

I spoke to Square Enix marketing at NYCC, and mentioned this campaign. They said that they really need to make an argument with Japan corporate that it would be profitable. So the more support tickets from unique email addresses that we can send them about Dragon Quest X, the better. Promote this campaign anywhere there are pockets of Dragon Quest fans across the web, or MMO fans who are open minded to trying a series they may not have experienced before. Thanks everybody!

• Upvote 3

Repeating a post I just made to Reddit:

I spoke to Square Enix marketing at NYCC, and mentioned this campaign. They said that they really need to make an argument with Japan corporate that it would be profitable. So the more support tickets from unique email addresses that we can send them about Dragon Quest X, the better. Promote this campaign anywhere there are pockets of Dragon Quest fans across the web, or MMO fans who are open minded to trying a series they may not have experienced before. Thanks everybody!

You da man Liam!

• Upvote 1

Has anyone been sending them multiple tickets with different email? I have already sent them a ticket a while ago, and thinking of creating a couple more emails to send a couple more tickets in.

Yeah, I put in two with different emails and different info. I'm pretty sure they counted as two seperate requests; I got replies to both email addresses and each had the name I entered on the given ticket.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if they (some higher-ups) know there's been a fan translation in works.

An MMO fan translation is no easy task, and this shows there's a demand for it moreso than other random foreign MMO.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they (some higher-ups) know there's been a fan translation in works.

An MMO fan translation is no easy task, and this shows there's a demand for it moreso than other random foreign MMO.

Do you know who is running it? I would like to contact them.

I'm trying to make a detailed Tumblr post about DQX to FFXI fans to see if they might be interested. Any ideas on how I should word it and what to include in the post?  

You could mention how it's mainly a horizontal progression game, and that every class has tons and tons of min-maxing (+/-) for any fight, event, and situation you can think of. Not to mention an unlimited combination of overarching skill builds (until you max every class that is), plus the fact that they WANT you to max and play every class.

But most of all, I guess that you can do all of that in a timely fashion without spending 12 hours a day.

• Upvote 1

You could mention how it's mainly a horizontal progression game, and that every class has tons and tons of min-maxing (+/-) for any fight, event, and situation you can think of. Not to mention an unlimited combination of overarching skill builds (until you max every class that is), plus the fact that they WANT you to max and play every class.

But most of all, I guess that you can do all of that in a timely fashion without spending 12 hours a day.

Thank you very much MoonRider! :) I'll try to ask others in the DQX forum on what they think is a pro for DQX but this is a wonderful start.  

Doesn't making multiple emails to contact support seem a little dishonest?

It depends. I have only sent 1 myself but if you plan on having multiple accounts, sending multiple emails makes sense. Also, Square Enix said they received 1000s of fan letters calling for DQVII to be localized. They did not specify if it was 1000s of individuals requesting; just 1000s of letters. 

Edited by SomaQz

I agree it is a good push to get X I would love to play it again, but I somewhat agree with Safushi, if we get say 50,000 emails to submit saying they want it, but then they go live and only 1000 put up the money, wouldn't that hurt the cause more? I sent my ticket in, but I am only going to do it from my email that I would register to play with.

• Upvote 1

I agree it is a good push to get X I would love to play it again, but I somewhat agree with Safushi, if we get say 50,000 emails to submit saying they want it, but then they go live and only 1000 put up the money, wouldn't that hurt the cause more? I sent my ticket in, but I am only going to do it from my email that I would register to play with.

I do agree. Although, usually it is only the biggest fans that participate in these campaigns. There are plenty of more casual fans that don't even know this campaign exists. So, I don't think some extra mail accounts will matter to much. You could see them as the voice for those people. But I do want to be carefull with it for the same reason as you said. I will only be using my own account.

Yes, SE is really crappy for that.  That's why if you want to get anything done with them, you gotta flat out shove it down their throats. 

Emails, Fan-mails, physical letters, artwork, creative DQ related screenshots *Dragon Quest Builders is PERFECT for this.* sending slime plushies, pictures of western fans visiting those Dragon Quest cafes sent to them, whatever.  Just gotta keep sending these to them, gotta keep finding new forums, new reddits, new campaigns to join in on creating a louder, and louder voice, until that voice gets so loud, SE would have to literally put their hands, over their ears, and go lalalalalalala, if they wanted to ignore us. 

Just need to keep at it.

Excellent. Gotta keep getting the word around, and soon we will have that campaign group on our side to help.  If we can just get another campaign group to help us out, DQX will be assured. 

• Upvote 1

I now created another topic in Game Faqs, since the previous one started by Liamland has been archieved, and we had quite a few ignorant who needed education.  I am now providing that education.  In spontaneous and flamboyant manner. 

Its in the same section as the previous one, since Dragon Questers are still frequenting that particular board. 

• Upvote 1

Managed to expose quite alot to how DQX really is before the mods shut it down due to it being unrelated to the board, and even calling it spam.  Ill create several accounts on different IPs as necessary to keep the post up on builders and DQ7 board for at least awhile.  

More exposure to the reality of what DQX really is the better.  I am more than willing to take on all the hard and frustrating parts.  Soma, Liam, everyone, lets keep at it. 

Managed to expose quite alot to how DQX really is before the mods shut it down due to it being unrelated to the board, and even calling it spam.  Ill create several accounts on different IPs as necessary to keep the post up on builders and DQ7 board for at least awhile.  

More exposure to the reality of what DQX really is the better.  I am more than willing to take on all the hard and frustrating parts.  Soma, Liam, everyone, lets keep at it. 

Still going strong. Mission Atelier is starting its event as well.

• Upvote 1