SomaQz

Dragon Quest X - Localization Campaign

* steps forward in Starship Troopers fashion * "I'm doing MY part!"

Starship Troopers? You're just in it for the group showers. 😉
  • Upvote 1

I'm posting my promotional art here as well. Just to give a break from this intense discourse.  ^^

CuDT-ABWEAAbgB6.jpg

• Upvote 6

It's not Actually dwindling though, you very clearly didn't even read the posts I included or their links - in fact it's bigger than ever! FANFEST tickets sold in literally 8 minutes, I don't have to keep going on about it - you waited days to even passively attempt to use your personal brand of conjecture to try and prove some great point, sweet.

I played FFXI JP launch and US, played it all the way until the newest expansion RoV. (EDIT: 5:20 You do realize that WoW came out shortly after that US launch, and permanently owned the MMO genre)

I'm not $#!& posting, you haven't done or seen any of the things we are talking about, and didn't even investigate the data I provided. Am I the one $#!& posting? I am helping with the real campaign, which is figuring out a way to organize all our names and actual categorized information about a place for us to collect as fans.

Also P.S. I was excited, and bought DQX at launch specifically because of how I hoped it would be FFXI/Everquest the second coming and it was, at LAUNCH! Step off brah, it's ridiculous. It's still not going to fly with people who are not interested in the genre (Dragon Quest) or old school players due to how it changed following 2.0. Which you'd know...

if you were there.

And Braid Mcquaids last MMO failed because it got pushed out literally 9 months early...

which you'd know if you were there.

Dude.....seriously, what form of Drug are you on right now?  I recently played the damn game, it is dwindling, I had to go thru seven, SEVEN, different NA servers, until I had to just settle on Balmung for my transfer, because all those other servers were low populated, or dying, and everyone was moving to either Balmung, or Gilgamesh.  Balmung if you wanted to do some raiding but mostly RP, Gilgamesh for the raiding. The server I was in, Brynhildr, had only one real raiding FC left in it, and was low pop too. 

And the only reason, the ONLY REASON, people bought those fan fest tickets, isnt to go to it, or hell even WATCH the damn thing, they just wanted the friggen Tidus and Yuna costumes, as well as the mechanical Riku, Yuna and most favored, Lulu, that you get for BUYING THEM. 

And no you uninformed brat -_-. His mmo failed because he was using a patched up, crappy version of the Unreal 2 engine, trying to make it push out graphics it was NOT INTENDED FOR, and could not be run PERIOD, with current machines at that time.  Peoples hard drives were being destroyed doing all the constant back and forth loading, GPUs were actually overheating. I had a custom built, 3000 dollar machine I made, freshly for that game and guess what?  While I had only 22 FPS on it when so much as 8 other players are standing around, everyone in my guild who didnt had the cutting edge hardware, gotten 3-5 FPS.  He also knew the mmo was failing and didnt give a damn.  I belonged to the top guild of the entire game at the time, Halcyon Affinity, and we had insider info, with the devs, due to connections made with some of their staff during the Everquest era.  

Brad McQuaid, didnt give two shits.  His employees and developers we had contact with, told us themselves, that all he did, was come to the Sigil Headquarters each week, to pickup his paycheck, then went straight back home.  He gave up on the game weeks after its release. 

Your so called, "Data" can be glorified, falsified, rewritten, etc.  Half of the $#!& you see on Wikipedia these days isnt true.  Thats how bad its gotten.  You need to build up actual real experience playing these games, going into them and investigating before you even try, to have an argument with me. 

Seriously, do you even read what you type?  Stop smoking weed, it makes you shitpost. 

I went ahead and posted links to the localization campaign on a buncha gaming reddits.  Hopefully that makes some difference. 

Edited by Alexandrious

Can you guys take it to pm? This is really not needed here. You both are attacking each other rather than arguing. 

• Upvote 2

I've been tweeting it up to the Dragon Quest and Square Enix twitter every few days for the DQX localization. I also submitted a ticket a while back and got a response.

• Upvote 1

I've been tweeting it up to the Dragon Quest and Square Enix twitter every few days for the DQX localization. I also submitted a ticket a while back and got a response.

WOOT! I wish it would just happen overnight but this is definitely a way to speed up the process. We have to keep pushing!

Got around to putting in a support ticket as well. Good work Soma :)

Edited by Saigan
  • Upvote 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonquest/comments/54xcdw/dragon_quest_x_localization_campaign/?st=itn73pl3&sh=8d721f74

I joined Reddit, just to post this, but I don't know anything about reddit, and it looks like my post isn't showing up in the Dragon Quest reddit page.  I don't know if that's because I don't have enough reputation or karma because I'm new, or if my post is stuck in some sort of QA on the reddit side.  Does anybody know?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonquest/

It says it was removed. You need more benevolence.

That's lame.  There were enough spam bot checks on sign-up.  They should allow you to post from the start.

The DQ subreddit is horribly moderated.

How so? 

You're genuinely deluded, you can take it to PM I mean hell you can call me in real life. You've already proven how much you actually know about MMO's, especially from today, and beyond that repeated back nearly everything I said - to me. Clone game is strong.

So you're telling me people bought tickets to fan fest, a room at a hotel to stay at, food/drinks, and a plane ticket just for the items already being given away from the 30$ stream? Or do you mean at the chance there might be something excluded -that someone would be that crazy to spend all that money extra, if they didn't play and give a damn about the game. ARE YOU smoking crack?

A couple dead servers, brah we have 64 in total; aside from 10 or so every one is healthy beyond belief. Are you hanging in Idyl on anything 40 most pop and above? I'm at 34, Lamia, and I see hundreds.

Have you seen WoW today ? Most of theirs even with CRZ are a ghost town. I saw a few articles that said they had 10.1 m and climbing subs again, guess what, it was debunked by their own staff and development. They didn't know who said those numbers, but were definitely not accurate. Better, but hurting. Like all MMO's.

FFXIV still being second most subbed internationally (outside of Lineage KR) and looking beautiful everyday.

Oh yeah, that data backed up by other popular census sites that run the same calculated formula - a formula that unbiased, checks every active character in the game but bots? Are you intentionally playing dumb?

And Brad Mcquiad, Jesus I've talked at length about Vanguard and everything it could have been. Clearly you've never spoken to anyone else about it, or anyone who stayed on until the end. It needed 9. More. Months. Bad fps? Structural issues from coding, not outclassed hardware specifications. You play games? You make games?

(Edit: calling bullshit on the guild claims, and beyond all that nonsense you'd know the shipped game was slapped together and nothing like previous builds. His intended design, and different alpha progression show this. In the games sunset days it wasn't even really that bad, though it did have glaring problems that remained forever unfixed. I don't know if you even played it really. )

BUILD UP REAL EXPERIENCE, ARE YOU FOR REAL ? You didn't play 99% of the games mentioned here and are casual with an intentionally skewed perspective on FFXIV.

No, but take a couple days to think on that response - Ill wait.

Edit: Also yeah, obviously being randomly accosted by a stranger isn't needed. He's lying about a game I enjoy; said it wasn't true, he said I lied. When I provided data proving what I said was true, he just got louder with nothing to back it up. Say what you want.

P.s you used information from Wikipedia, then when I called you out on it pretended like you didn't and said Wiki wasn't credible ? ? My mind is blown, and it's not from fire bud I'll tell you that much b.

Edited by MoonRider

I'd request this thread be locked, but it's asshatery, not the topic making this suck.

I just want my initial statement on FFXIV, DQX; with the Lucky Bancho link. I don't care about the argument either, since it was mostly Alex insulting me; doesn't usually get your point across.

Or are you defending him because his opinion validates your perspective ?

P.S. If that all rustles your jimmies that bad, woah, gl, because there's a million people like that on the net

Edit: leaving the post to say that people were unnecessarily caught in the cross-fire, and that everything but the first two sentences was out of confusion about who was talking to who. Appologies to those involved.

Edited by MoonRider
  • Upvote 1

I just want my initial statement on FFXIV, DQX; with the Lucky Bancho link. I don't care about the argument either, since it was mostly Alex insulting me; doesn't usually get your point across.

Or are you defending him because his opinion validates your perspective ?

P.S. If that all rustles your jimmies that bad, woah, gl, because there's a million people like that on the net

Who the are you talking to? Please use quotes. Thanks!

edit: I hope launch starts at 60-65 level cap at least, and even though it's impossible - with the QoL from 3.0-

Edited by MoonRider

As long as Maribel isn't in DQX 😉

Edited by Plattym3

edit: pm sent to people involved for some sort of resolution

Edited by MoonRider

DQX would be fun.

Edited by Plattym3

Obviously people who are asking for the thread/posts to be deleted, including you. You don't need amazing reading comprehension skills to know that.

Yeah, sorry. By that I meant, "Can we be free of Alex?" Haha

Obviously people who are asking for the thread/posts to be deleted, including you. You don't need amazing reading comprehension skills to know that.

I'm ok with the passion shared on this thread from everyone. We are like a family who's parents (Square Enix) has not paid as much attention to us as their favorite child (Japan). Even if conversations get heated and opinions are contradictory, we all want the same thing. The best way we can come together is to talk through it. :) Let's keep on pushing the campaign. Right now SE is busy with NYCC and releasing DQB. After that, I expect PR to clear up some time to have a serious discussion on our progress.

I am very happy dragon quest has such a dedicated fanbase in the west. Very glad campaigns like this exist. I may not have to much confidence in dqX getting locilized, but at least we can try. And even if dqX doesn't make it over after this, campaigns like this should at least increase our chances for future dragon quest games.

• Upvote 1

I could ask the same of you and your stamps, but I don't, because I find those stamps hilarious.  See what I did there?

Regardless, I proven my points, and Moon pretty much took care of what I wanted to get across himself.  I love it when someone else makes my job easier. For the record.  I played....

EQ, EQ2, FFXI, FFXIV, AC, AC2, RO, RO2, PSO, PSOBB, PSU, PSO2, EQL, DQX, Vanguard, WS, Skyforge, WoW expansions 1-5, BDO, Aion, B&S, TERA, Vindictus, and these are just the noteworthy ones, played quite a few minors as well, such as Maplestory, and I can, without any difficulty, recall to fine details what content I did in every single one of them, and even describe what some to most of the places and locations, in each game, looks like, in perfect detail.  And most of the time, I am involved in a hardcore guild/clan/freecompany/team/group whatever the mmo at hand calls it, even in super hardcore guilds that tends to have the developers ear, due to consistently being world 1-5th in clearing content, and developers tend to like having feedback from that particular group of players.  So no Moon, your pretty much wrong, I have played the 99 percent of games I may have listed here thus far.  But thing is, I am done dealing with you, I had to make sure that whoever follows the campaign links, and comes here, does not get misdirected by anything you posted, and lose faith in DQX coming over.  I have accomplished that.  Post what you want in retaliation, but I succeeded in what needed to be done.  Thus ill be ignoring anything you post from here on. 

I been posting on facebooks, generally just spreading the word going around. As well as squashing the uninformed, the bias, shitposters, etc.   My next activity for tomorrow is to send the campaign link to as many, random, individuals possible on Facebook.  

Ill keep changing things up on how I spread the word and get people to take notice as I go along.  I plan to hit more reddit gaming community sites, and eventually, ill apply to particular MMO Community gaming Clans as well as go to ones I been apart of in the past, to spread the word on this campaign.  

Ill do my part, I hope everyone else will help pitch in.  I do apologize for making things heated, but no one wants DQX more than I, and alot of you who known me these few years can agree to that.  Thus I am willing to do whatever it takes that I can do to try and get this game over here.  So far I had to combat and put down 21 shitposters who were completely against the game, simply because its an mmo, 16 of em so far, agreed with me on everything and decided to send support tickets after I won them over with logic and gave them information they never had about the game.   

Ill continue my crusade in earnest. 

Edited by Alexandrious

Judging by the reactions to each of our posts I'd say it's plain and simple who provided clear, and structured evidence for their argument.

A list of games you might have installed isn't proof, it isn't descriptive experience.

I'll give you the F2P titles, but you've already said on the record your level of experience with FFXI as being minimal to none, and proved how much you ACTUALLY know about FFXIV based on conversational quotes alone; I'm still calling BS on guild claims, world firsts, and every other accolade you just listed. You've been saying for years that you played FFXIV and any other MMO you might have tried solo, and that you always enjoyed them better playing solo; especially with no forced grouping anywhere.

Statements just like this are in your post history throughout the DQX forum. Now when someone calls you out on paradoxical situations, you try and act like you've been an MMO world tier player your whole life -nonstop. Interesting.

Moreover you started by saying you had never played MOST of the games you just listed, which neither I or anyone else here have forgotten. I won't sit around and listen to you lie, and then try to build onto the lie over time, it's genuiely boring, sociopathic behavior. I'm glad you're spending time posting elsewhere, and I hope you further the campaign.

I have no need to argue with you, I actually accomplished providing data that proved everything I said about FFXIV, and it's relation to DQX was true; people have seen that and agreed. Judging from your time deactivated, I'd say I wasn't the one shitposting or wasting people's time.

EDIT: And more than all of this, my closing statement is don't listen to ANYONE who doesn't provide real, statistical information. Shouting loud, emotional conjecture doesn't convince anyone you're right - bad mouthing people, developers; anything without evidence clearly descriptive of the offenders own behavior, and documented actions - makes you look uneducated, lazy, and foolish.

I don't believe you're winning any battles of logic -

I haven't seen one chart, one spread sheet, or one graph about population density over time from YOU; so.

Edited by MoonRider
  • Upvote 3