Demo Out Now in the US

I didn't get to far. Played for about 30 minutes then went to bed. But what I did play was pretty fun. I don't know if I'm all that interested in playing it outside the demo though.

I didn't get to far. Played for about 30 minutes then went to bed. But what I did play was pretty fun. I don't know if I'm all that interested in playing it outside the demo though.

I played the Japanese demo to completion. Will be fun to understand it all!

As for the game, it's pre-ordered and the lovely guide as well.

• Upvote 1

I played thru the 3rd chapter, figured I would save the last parts for when I can understand it. But it was very fun even though I didn't quite understand everything going on.

• Upvote 1

Do you get to name the hero in the full game? As silly as Bildrick is, I always name my hero Erdrick or some derivative.

Oh, wait...

Yeah, I was kind of surprised with the changes between the US and the Japanese demo. It just auto-starts you as the male player with this name, where the Japanese demo give you the full setup options. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Japanese demo go a bit further? I thought that it went all the way until you fight a green dragon. The US one "ends" as soon as you build your first teleporter, by teleporting you right back to the base and saying to buy the game when it comes out.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised with the changes between the US and the Japanese demo. It just auto-starts you as the male player with this name, where the Japanese demo give you the full setup options. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Japanese demo go a bit further? I thought that it went all the way until you fight a green dragon. The US one "ends" as soon as you build your first teleporter, by teleporting you right back to the base and saying to buy the game when it comes out.

No, that's where the Japanese demo ended. I played it to there 3 times. Warp and gone.

I have seen that other people have killed the dragon and got the couch.

So, here is a question. Does leveling up your town get you anything in the demo? I leveled it up to level 3 by adding a lot of rooms on a second floor, but it didn't seem to do anything.

This game is absolutely amazing.

I had more fun with the DQBuilders demo than I did with DQ7! Wow!

But I think I'll lose interest faster than DQ7. We'll see how intriguing the story is in the full game before I make my final judgement.

I beat the dragon in the vita version, but having a tough time in the ps4 version. He keeps destroying blocks, so now it is impossible for me to go under him. Key to beating him easily is going down a couple blocks and dig under him, then hold L and attack from underneath him. I had no trouble beating him in the vita version that way, but in the ps4 version he keeps coming down to my level by destroying blocks. Now I can't beat him that easily. It is still doable, but will be a chore without the ease of being safe under him.

Also, you don't gain exp for building anything over two blocks high. So only build rooms with two block high walls. You can build higher, or even lower, if you want, but it won't help your score. I made an underground passage under my city in the vita version, just to to mess around.

Edited by MetroidXPS

...The demo is really fun. :P

It solves my main gripe with Minecraft, which was that there's no goal. This has a story, a goal, bosses, and more! I'm not too far in the demo yet, but I'm excited for the full game's release! :D

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1

Made it to the end of the demo, decided to go out exploring new places I hadn't been, and found the Green Dragon!

I was immediately hit twice and died. :P No couch for me.

I think I'm done with demo now, then, but I'm more excited for Builders than I was before!

I beat the dragon in the vita version, but having a tough time in the ps4 version. He keeps destroying blocks, so now it is impossible for me to go under him. Key to beating him easily is going down a couple blocks and dig under him, then hold L and attack from underneath him. I had no trouble beating him in the vita version that way, but in the ps4 version he keeps coming down to my level by destroying blocks. Now I can't beat him that easily. It is still doable, but will be a chore without the ease of being safe under him.

Also, you don't gain exp for building anything over two blocks high. So only build rooms with two block high walls. You can build higher, or even lower, if you want, but it won't help your score. I made an underground passage under my city in the vita version, just to to mess around.

I will have to try attacking the Dragon from underneath. I got him down to 90% by just attacking and dodging him. It reminded me of playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out as a kid, as you have to read his signs to know when to side step an when to back off.

You can get more exp by building higher though. I made a second floor and that allowed me to easily reach level three by building more bedrooms, crude kitchens, and pot rooms.

• Upvote 1