Sign in to follow this  
Dark Slime

They keep resetting my lineup

I'm about to add Ruff immediately next time I play, but it seems like every time I go to a cut scene where my characters talk my lineup is reset in a different order when I am back in control. I prefer Hero, Kiefer, and Maribel in that order during battles. But they have reset my lineup to Hero, Maribel, Kiefer at least 5 times now. I usually dont find out till the 1st battle after the cutscene, but it is getting annoying.

Every DQ does that, where you have party changes.  My current runthrough of DQ5 and DQ7 PSX, I keep seeing party switches for certain events.  Not all, but a fair number, including repositioning party members, and even repositions from one scene to the next (I changed nothing from one scene, and the next one automatically repositions again).

Edited by ignasia7

I swear DQ5 does it when I leave towns sometimes. I was playing it recently and had my guys ordered as Hero, Mason, Parry, and Madchen (the kids don't use those terrible names in my game, of course). When I left town, suddenly the order switched to Hero, Parry, Madchen, and Mason. I'm like, "Dammit, game! Mason has the next best defense behind the Hero! Why'd you put him in back?"

DQV had an annoying habit of putting humans at the front every time you entered town from what I remember, just be glad there's nothing like that.

It is pretty grating though.

Yeah, as a result, I've learned to switch out to human members before entering towns, if I have any.  Annoying, but it's habit now.

I'm about to add Ruff immediately next time I play, but it seems like every time I go to a cut scene where my characters talk my lineup is reset in a different order when I am back in control. I prefer Hero, Kiefer, and Maribel in that order during battles. But they have reset my lineup to Hero, Maribel, Kiefer at least 5 times now. I usually dont find out till the 1st battle after the cutscene, but it is getting annoying.

Hey there Dark Slime,

I know not everyone reads every post in every topic, but this was discussed by both YangustheLegendaryBandit and me in at least one other DQVII topic (and we agree with you). For some minor annoyance posts like this would you mind not making completely new topics? There are definitely a couple threads already going that something like this 3 sentence post would easily have fit in without its own separate topic.

Thank you.